Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Tom Herman lost back 2 back games to fucking Maryland. That's all the proof I need. He's the next Charlie strong. It's absolutely fucking retarded that we take in more money than other program and have been playing .500 ball for 8 years. CDC needs to make a difference,  because what we have now is aggy level.

• Like 1

History repeats. Head coach retains shit OC who shows no improvement over the Summer. The offense scored 7 points in the second half against a mediocre team. No deception. No indication that the OC recognized what was working and what wasn't. A few flashes of promise (we saw that last year), but when push came to shove, it was crap offense. Crap fucking offense.

I’m not gonna lie, I always disliked Herman as a person.  The hire made sense and was super safe, but the guy is a douche.  

I would probably be secretly giddy if something at OSU or Houston came up that required us to cut him.  Because if he is not going to win, I don’t need a condescending Bob Stoops wannabe coaching my team.  

• Like 3

We picked an OC and a DC from Meyers tree after a few good seasons in G5

Wasn't a fan of trying either experiment, and I'm sure he will get another year but at this pace he shouldn't. 

Fuck optics of firing a coach without giving him enough time, there's talent on this team but it is poorly coached, poorly schemed, and highly mismanaged.   You get paid big bucks at a place like this NOT to shit the bed in your opener to a shitty team 2 years running.  

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

He isn’t going to make it.

Oh he’ll get the obligatory 3-4 years. Didn’t need to be world beaters this year but if you can’t be any better than terrible in every phase of the game to start year 2 then it isn’t going to happen.

So, we’re just back to waiting for his time to be up to put our hopes in the next guy.

No, fuck that. Call up Red and say, you can't take the money with you. Buy out Herman's contract and rain money on Dabo.

3 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I’m not gonna lie, I always disliked Herman as a person.  The hire made sense and was super safe, but the guy is a douche.  

I would probably be secretly giddy if something at OSU or Houston came up that required us to cut him.  Because if he is not going to win, I don’t need a condescending Bob Stoops wannabe coaching my team.  

He's really close to losing any fan support. When that happens, and it might if we start the season 1-4, it's going to get ugly real fast.

• Like 1

I have no words other than complete and utter disappointment.  I still have my season tickets, I still plan on going to the games.  But, if this is not fixed ASAP, I’m selling.  I just am not in the mood to drive 4 hours on game day to babysit my kids while watching the same shit show that I have witnessed over the past 5 years.

Mack,

We are sorry for forcing you to retire prematurely.  Will you please lift this damn curse?  

Signed,

Every Longhorn 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

If I had to guess, I’d say this is about to get really ugly with the media. Strong sucked but was always likable. Herman is an asshole. Can’t be an asshole and suck.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic