The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I sold my Epi SG a few weeks ago, taking me down to seven guitars (two acoustic) and one bass, but I just bought a Martin D10E yesterday to celebrate not dying of coronavirus. Will post pic when it arrives. One of my two acoustics, a really shitty 1995 Fender, will probably end up going-- not to "make room for it", that's not really how I think about it, but because it's not really a fun guitar in terms of playability and this Martin will replace it in the rotation. 

https://scottsbasslessons.com

It has a huge library of beginner to extremely advanced lessons, they do a lot of live seminars with video/chat. Today's seminar is with Danny Mo Morris. There is a pretty big online community/forum that I have found helpful. Only downside is that he does send a lot of emails about stuff, but I can probably filter that down if I really get sick of it. 

Edited by topochico
  • Like 2

Just 2 electric, 1 acoustic, 2 amps, and a Line 6 Helix LT which I'm using instead of the amps here.  I'm feeling the itch for another guitar, maybe that 70th anniversary broadcaster, but I can't convince myself I need that more than a mountain of toilet paper right now.  Hopefully the world will be looking more stable in May and I can spoil myself for my 50th.

Just now, AnotherUTFan said:
10 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:
what should I buy for $1200? lets play make me a shopping list acoustic or electric

You could find a good Telecaster for that.

Got a nice American tele already. Spent like 1250 on it will post pics 

So my dreams of spending the next two weeks woodshedding when they sent us home from work were dashed. Office of 100 people, and I was chosen as one of three to stay and work. FML. People getting paid to stay home and do nothing, and if I miss a day, I have to use leave. 

You'll have to come by if you're ever in San Francisco Mr Fuck. Buzz did, we had a good time.

You other assholes too, we have a jam space! Between the bar downstairs, the traffic and buses on Mission St, and the Fire Station a few blocks away, nobody gives a fuck how much noise we make.

Yes we did. If we live through this bullshit I’ll come do it again.
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Duets, or she sings:
Steve McQueen
Proud Mary
Free Fallin
Burning Down the house (Bonnie Raitt version)
Blue Bayou
White Rabbit
Stop Draggin my heart around
No Matter What
Never been to Spain
Picture
You're no good
Can't find my way home
Straight On
Gimme Shelter
Black Horse Cherry Tree
Gold dust woman
Son of a preacher man
Bobby McGee

Ones I sing:
Turn the page
Last of my kind
Super 8
Cant you see
The Pilgrim
What's been going on
Rebels
Angel from Montgomery
The wind cries mary
Pride and Joy
Mary had a little lamb
Folsom Prison Blues
Bad liver and a broken heart

• Like 4

The Hercules 5 guitar rack stand is on sale at musiciansfriend, $58 plus tax after using the access15 code. They don't get that cheap very often. But it won't be in stock until May. If you need one but don't need it right now it's not a bad time to jump on it.

Quick little PSA.

I had talked to my Sweetwater rep in January about some powered PA speakers but ultimately passed.  He reached back out to me today with a ridiculous coronavirus special.  Not sure I'm going to get them even at this price with the uncertain future, but you might want to call your rep and indicate an interest in your dream guitar and see how motivated they get to move inventory in the next few months.

Quick little PSA.

I had talked to my Sweetwater rep in January about some powered PA speakers but ultimately passed.  He reached back out to me today with a ridiculous coronavirus special.  Not sure I'm going to get them even at this price with the uncertain future, but you might want to call your rep and indicate an interest in your dream guitar and see how motivated they get to move inventory in the next few months.

The Yamaha BB has crushed any desire for anything else. But if Sweetwater wanted to give me an unbelievable deal on this one, I’d be willing to talk the call from Fort Wayne.

da6108d1d875b1d34d01b75b6b4ffe54.jpg
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2020 at 4:07 PM, tbone_ said:

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Duets, or she sings:
Steve McQueen
Proud Mary
Free Fallin
Burning Down the house (Bonnie Raitt version)
Blue Bayou
White Rabbit
Stop Draggin my heart around
No Matter What
Never been to Spain
Picture
You're no good
Can't find my way home
Straight On
Gimme Shelter
Black Horse Cherry Tree
Gold dust woman
Son of a preacher man
Bobby McGee

Ones I sing:
Turn the page
Last of my kind
Super 8
Cant you see
The Pilgrim
What's been going on
Rebels
Angel from Montgomery
The wind cries mary
Pride and Joy
Mary had a little lamb
Folsom Prison Blues
Bad liver and a broken heart

Are you more of a seger or a hetfield on turn the page?  Or do you do your own thing?

So lets say I wanted to use my new found home time to learn the guitar.   I'll be using my daughter's Epi SG and Katana 50 amp
Any recommendations?  Sites, youtube series...

Buy this.

The Guitar Handbook: A Unique Source Book for the Guitar Player - Amateur or Professional, Acoustic or Electrice, Rock, Blues, Jazz, or Folk https://www.amazon.com/dp/0679742751/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aQwDEbS91JXP9
  • Like 1

Quick little PSA.

Which ones? How much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro