The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

32 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

0543fee1187b138a5781745aa1d259de.jpg
Sorry for the recent repeat.

Man, I really need a guitar with TWO f-holes.

Was  looking at a similar G&L ASAT Bluesboy.  How’s the tone on that compared to a solid body tele with the two single coils?

Was  looking at a similar G&L ASAT Bluesboy.  How’s the tone on that compared to a solid body tele with the two single coils?

Bridge pup is pure Tele. The neck is a pearly gates and gets me nice blues and jazz tones. The only difference I can tell is that it’s lighter and when it isn’t plugged in and I’m couch strumming it has better acoustic properties. Not that it’s an acoustic by any means. Just that it has a bit more natural resonance.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Bridge pup is pure Tele. The neck is a pearly gates and gets me nice blues and jazz tones. The only difference I can tell is that it’s lighter and when it isn’t plugged in and I’m couch strumming it has better acoustic properties. Not that it’s an acoustic by any means. Just that it has a bit more natural resonance.

Cool, thanks.  Semi-hollow resonance is my fetish.  Do you find that sneaking it’s way into the  amplified tones?  Either clean or with a little grit?

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

Cool, thanks.  Semi-hollow resonance is my fetish.  Do you find that sneaking it’s way into the  amplified tones?  Either clean or with a little grit?

I can't really say that I have.  It's basically a lighter tele that I can noodle on the couch with.  And I can use the neck pick up.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

My G&L ASAT Tribute Bluesboy . . . agreed that the bridge pickup is as Tele as my old American Standard Tele.  The neck pickup is a nice creamy humbucker, not crazy hot or anything, but extremely useful.

IMG-7068.jpg

What did it do to have to sit in the corner?!

I think my next expensive acoustic guitar at some point is a mahogany J45.  I've been meaning to watch this forever (and it's streaming free) and am at the part where he's playing solo acoustic shows.  Looks like he was warming up on a little Martin and then takes out that guy, one of those mustache Gibson jumbo guys, a... Martin? 12 string, but is playing a J45 in clip.  Those slope shoulders, upside down bridge, and bookscroll headstock... and sunburst.

Just bought this fine beast for $30 (no tax)!

6-FB1995-A-AF3-B-49-E7-94-A8-F74-AED9-BB

EDIT:  Pic NOW included.

The deal went down in a Costco parking lot  

Much cheaper than a kit, especially when the plan is to replace most things an practice soldering. 😎

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Just bought this fine beast for $30 (no tax)!

The deal went down in a Costco parking lot  

Much cheaper than a kit, especially when the plan is to replace most things an practice soldering. 😎

Based on what I can see, you way overpaid😜

• Like 1

Partscasters . . . white one is pretty much all in, with a Warmoth body & neck, DiMarzio Texas sumthins for pickups, etc.  Body is a very light pearlescent white, pickguard is tortoiseshell.  The closeup at least shows the tortoiseshell.  Orange version is 100% piece of shit parts from bargain shops like Guitar Fetish.  Honestly, I'd say it sounds 70% as good for about 15% of the cost.

IMG-7069.jpg

IMG-7070.jpg

• Like 5

hell yeah.  beautiful figuring on the neck.

i assume good teles are the same but my strat is the most... I haven't done anything to that guitar in 23 years and I just picked it up today (after not touching it for weeks) and it is in tune and plays great and everything feels like it did 23 years ago.  I took that guitar on tour too - it didn't take the brunt of that warped tour stint but it was there and several other ones.  It's fine.

• Like 1

Gorgeous guitar, Paul.

Full disclosure on the black Strat, it is the '92 Deluxe that came with gold Lace pickups. I liked how they sounded, but I like gainy dirt more, and those single coils were just too noisy when the pedal stack gets more than 1 deep and I need all the crutches I can find. So I opted to swap out the Laces for some Fender Gen4 Noiseless which reviewed well. But, Fender only offer Noiseless pickups in white in the Clapton signature so I went ahead and changed over the plastics to "aged white" to match the pickups and churched up the pick guard too.

I fired it up and it sounds like shit. I'm pretty sure I screwed up the grounding. I'm gonna just tear it all down the redo all the electronics, solder and rewire with thicker gauge while I'm at it.

TBC157a4e2156007fa2829296242d250dbe.jpg063298ad7a2e5e3125aeb4af471d5544.jpg

282948467a61873eb440be396883261a.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Sometimes you go out looking for a specific style or model, and sometimes a guitar just speaks to you.  

Around 1995, I was on my own and living pretty much hand-to-mouth.  I used to drive the battered-but-faithful Honda Civic that I bought for $300 (and had to bump start for about a year until I could buy a new starter) to the nearest mom-and-pop music store, mostly just to look at tablature to classic rock songs and try to memorize as much of it as possible without the clerks reaching the point of annoyance where they'd come interrupt, "Can I *help* you with something?"

One visit, I walked in, and among the 25 or so guitars on the wall was this custom-shop Strat, and I knew instantly that it was MY guitar.  Up until then, the only nice guitar I owned was a Gibson, and I wasn't even necessarily looking for a Fender.

Anyway, it's still mine.  It's 100% original.  It sounds and plays as good as ever.  I still love the color combo (it also has a pretty great bird's-eye maple neck that might not show up in the photo).  I've never regretted the financial stretch for a single second.

Happy Straturday, you glorious enabling sons of bitches.

This guitar is so glorious, that I'm going to take it OUT of the quote, so it will be seen in full.

It is pretty much exactly what I would want if I could get a "get whatever you want" Strat: Neck (Maple), Body Color (Somewhere in that Argentina blue range), Pick Guard (not plain white, but that marbled white stuff). It's pretty much it. And I'm going to get some tracking software on your ass to find out where you live. 🙂

IMG-0856.jpg

• Like 1

[mention=90]Buzzrock[/mention]  Is your GT guitar a First Act?  I won a "Miller Lite" First Act years ago in a fixed raffle at a bar but I gave it away to a buddy for his retirement.  And when I say fixed, they drew tickets until someone they liked actually won.    
One time, this same guy fixed a radio contest in a much more complex way that involved a couple of radio stations and a large beer distributor.  The prize was a 4 day weekend to Daytona.  The guy who was supposed to win was a HUGE fan of "The NASCAR" but was about to have to go to the Fed pen due to a misunderstanding with the destination of a significant amount of white powder.   My buddy figured it would be a perfect send off before heading to Yazoo City for a stint in the pen. The fix worked and the dude won.  My buddy called to let him know.   The winner said, "Thanks, but I can't take the tickets.  I'm awaiting my sentencing and I can't leave the state".  My buddy had called in about 10 favors to pull this off and it was all for nothing.  

Not it’s an Epiphone Collegiate Les Paul. It’s a total boat paddle and I put an EMG in it so it’s a total one trick pony.

b091dc59d85568c07ba10f253e2d6a6e.jpg