The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Gretch Gibson Es-335 or a Gibson acoustic? Got about 2200 to spend and go.....

Gretsch. Anything with a pair of Filtertrons. A 6120, or even an Anniversary, will scratch the big body / 335 itch and gives you a sound you can't reach with what you have.

Seems to be a fairly disparate selection.  What's in your collection and what do you need?

Regardless, the answer to all guitar questions is Gibson J-200, because jumbos are where it's at.

Ya, at think at this point the Jumbo is the only base I don't have covered.

3 hours ago, topochico said:

Couch guitar straps is having a 25% off site wide sale through Sunday with the code: RockMyLivingRoomAndOneDayTheStage

I grabbed a drumstick bag for my kid and a padded bass strap made of 80's VW GTI seat fabric for me. 

I love hippie weave type guitar straps, have wanted to buy one of those couch ones for a while but $50 always just feels a tad steep. Thanks maybe I'll finally pick one up. 

side note, expensive ass strap is one of those things that I feel like should be cheap but then I get the money's worth of enjoyment. I think I bought this one from a shop in the Village in NYC and convinced myself it was OK because souvenir. But this is my favorite strap. Also someone gave me the one on the tele in the background and I hate it.

lespaul.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Got an email this week from Sweetwater and my rep of many years left. Now I have a new guy. Damn it.
Something tells me this guy may not know that much about my interests. 

20200807_183725.thumb.jpg.fe256c7907b5d2ad02272029e1b9d22a.jpg
20200807_183746.jpg.54433e9fd3db10765b8f3613dd4a2efe.jpg

My guy TJ left a few years ago and his replacement sucked. Now I've got a guy named Corey who's been pretty alright. In fact, I have a couple things on back order right now and he texts updates without me having to call/write.
I want the bars not the dots on frets. I emailed him asking him a price on that one too
I used to feel that way, it was one of the reasons I held off so long on a 335. I ended up with a blonde dot from 89 and couldn't be happier. The dots are a good fit on those big bodies. Red's a great color on them too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

My guy TJ left a few years ago and his replacement sucked. Now I've got a guy named Corey who's been pretty alright. In fact, I have a couple things on back order right now and he texts updates without me having to call/write.
I used to feel that way, it was one of the reasons I held off so long on a 335. I ended up with a blonde dot from 89 and couldn't be happier. The dots are a good fit on those big bodies. Red's a great color on them too.

Reds the best imo. I really want the bars bad. But that price 2298 may be too good to pass up

I have always struggled with tuning issues associated with my excessively bendy style of faking it on guitar, especially the g string. Considered various types of semi-pricey nut sauce and filing slots and such, but I found a post somewhere by some old-timer guitar guy about white lithium grease. Just a little dab 'll do ya. For less than $5 a tube it's basically a lifetime supply and it seems to be working well. I bought some cheapass plastic floss pick things to use as an applicator. The floss side actually works best, but the pointy end is useful as well.  The real test will be on my Gibson SG, my favorite guitar to play other than the pesky sticky nut tuning issue. I gotta get it out of the bag again and try it out.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Both my dogs can play "Smoke On The Water" and "Cat Scratch Fever".  What the hell is wrong with your dogs?

You should take them to Guitar Center instead of walks and let them noodle around. Those songs are popular there.

FYI, I was just browsing at musiciansfriend.com and noticed the Blackstar Fly 3 is now labelled as the Fly 3W there for $55. I don't see anything on the web about a 3W, but it is about $5 cheaper than it was when I bought mine a couple of years ago, and $10 cheaper than other stores currently. It's not listed as a sale, just their price. Maybe it's an exclusive deal with MF and Guitarcenter. I just wonder if anything is stripped out or cheapened.

It's a fantastic low volume practice and home jamming amp that sounds much bigger than its size. I'm tempted to get another one. I have dropped mine several times and it has held up great, lasts a long time on AA batteries.

Edited by DougO

11 minutes ago, DougO said:

FYI, I was just browsing at musiciansfriend.com and noticed the Blackstar Fly 3 is now labelled as the Fly 3W there for $55. I don't see anything on the web about a 3W, but it is about $5 cheaper than it was when I bought mine a couple of years ago, and $10 cheaper than other stores currently. It's not listed as a sale, just their price. Maybe it's an exclusive deal with MF and Guitarcenter. I just wonder if anything is stripped out or cheapened.

It's a fantastic low volume practice and home jamming amp that sounds much bigger than its size. I'm tempted to get another one. I have dropped mine several times and it has held up great, lasts a long time on AA batteries.

It's the same thing. They also have a version with bluetooth, and the new SuperFly.