The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I got my extension cab for the Fly 3 yesterday. It was a good cheap purchase. Definitely gives the guitar tone a lot of extra punch, though a bit darker. Good for playing in a slightly bigger room. Sounds pretty damn good and loud playing music through the line-in.

• Hook 'Em 1

I may have mentioned earlier about losing my job in aviation due to COVID, I don't think I've brought it up recently in this thread. Got a new gig, we're moving to Raleigh. I'm cleaning out stuff I don't need, and also trying to be a little less sentimental about inanimate objects, particularly when they are large. That brings us to the guy pictured here  -

image.thumb.png.615f792f5515a46def29cf74960e17ff.png

Fuck you, not the Matchless. the Line 6.  It's a... 2x12 Flextone XL, first generation. Probably ~1998. It is not worth much, it's a dinosaur when it comes to modeling amps. But if anyone in Austin wants it I'll bring it to you free of charge.

Same goes for this homie right here. It is pictured in the garage, it hasn't been there for.... that long. ~2007 Fender Bassman Rumble 60 that I bought from Brooks Mays on S. Lamar when it was going out of business. Nice/serviceable bass practice amp, probably decent for keys as well.  Anyone wants it, let me know you can have it.

image.thumb.png.b77ca8d10393776f1d996b029b09bdec.png

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Good luck in Raleigh CM. Our drummwr mover there in May and I have another friend who moved nearby a year and a half ago. They both like it there. Our main engineering facility and manufacturing plant is nearby, Ive been there once and hope to get back once this is over

The Rumble is a great little bass amp. I have the next size up in my room. Somebody should grab it.

Ok, sorry about that - I was busy pissing in a cup and then was checking on mobile.

I think fair is Deej and Cruser each get one, if either of y'all have a preference let me know here. Also... I think there's a fretless Fender J bass neck somewhere nearby, if either of y'all want that you can have it also.

Thanks AUTF - I'm excited. It's a cool area. Slight bump in pay, I'm optimistic about the scope of the job, it will be nice to work for a company that isn't burning down to the ground around me, housing is a lot cheaper, should be good.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Oh didn’t see deej in there as well. Y’all can Rock Paper Scissors for who gets what

I’ll take the bass amp. Let’s just say I have something incoming that could plug into that. 

20200914_151508.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Cool cool - Deej gets the rumble, Handcruser gets the Line6. Wish I still had the pedal board that goes with it but it wandered off at some point. The "Modern Class A" channel is based on the.... Matchless Chieftan I think, so it's almost like you're getting my Matchless too! What a deal!

Doug you don't want the PRS. They messed up and made the whole neck out of rosewood, and it's got all these flames on the top.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Cool cool - Deej gets the rumble, Handcruser gets the Line6. Wish I still had the pedal board that goes with it but it wandered off at some point. The "Modern Class A" channel is based on the.... Matchless Chieftan I think, so it's almost like you're getting my Matchless too! What a deal!

Doug you don't want the PRS. They messed up and made the whole neck out of rosewood, and it's got all these flames on the top.

Sweet.

I just looked up what I actually paid for my Matchless. $2,720. I was about to go on the Warped Tour and sent out a feeler, they offered me artist pricing. That felt like a stupid amount to pay for an amp, but my feeling was that a) it would be badass and b) I could easily recoup that amount from it if I ever needed to.  Just checked prices, still feeling good on that analysis. Nobody tell my wife.

• Like 2

Sheeeit that's your.... big apple strat? Or is it a Lone Star Special? Either way yeah I think something is funky/wrong. I'd definitely look at the back but would also get someone better than me to fix whatever the problem is.

Yeah that’s the Big Apple. HH, Seymour Duncan ‘59 and Pearly Gates.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just looked up what I actually paid for my Matchless. $2,720. I was about to go on the Warped Tour and sent out a feeler, they offered me artist pricing. That felt like a stupid amount to pay for an amp, but my feeling was that a) it would be badass and b) I could easily recoup that amount from it if I ever needed to.  Just checked prices, still feeling good on that analysis. Nobody tell my wife.

What’s it worth now, like $4-5k?

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

What’s it worth now, like $4-5k?

a little hard to tell, because prices seem to vary a bit (and I know people attach a premium to certain "eras") and also mine is a weird color which would either help or hurt. But the floor seems to be at about what I paid for it and the only one listed right now on reverb (that isn't specifically an early 90s one) is at just under $5k.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Celery Man said:

yeah man nice to meet you. When I was pulling out of the lot I saw the spots in front of the building - sorry for making you drag that thing across the street (but at least it wasn't the Line6) 😁

No worries. That street is where I fucked my hand up. 

That damn thing weighs as much as my Supro Thunderbolt. 

42 minutes ago, Deej said:

No worries. That street is where I fucked my hand up. 

That damn thing weighs as much as my Supro Thunderbolt. 

My main bass amp is an old Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115. It's really a great amp - I had an Ampeg SVT-4 and it broke constantly and then permanently (shoulda got an SVT classic), and I ended up just using my 400RB (sometimes with another 15" or 4x10 cab) for most of my time playing in a big loud band. That thing is a backbreaker. I have been kinda considering taking it apart and just bringing the head up to Raleigh (the GK combos of that era, possibly still now, are really rudimentary - it's a head screwed into a cab).

I'll probably still bring the whole thing, but I have almost twenty years of memories of constantly lifting and hauling that thing around. Bass amps are a whole thing.

My main bass amp is an old Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115. It's really a great amp - I had an Ampeg SVT-4 and it broke constantly and then permanently (shoulda got an SVT classic), and I ended up just using my 400RB (sometimes with another 15" or 4x10 cab) for most of my time playing in a big loud band. That thing is a backbreaker. I have been kinda considering taking it apart and just bringing the head up to Raleigh (the GK combos of that era, possibly still now, are really rudimentary - it's a head screwed into a cab).
I'll probably still bring the whole thing, but I have almost twenty years of memories of constantly lifting and hauling that thing around. Bass amps are a whole thing.

I bought an 800rb back when I just had my first real job and no idea about bass. While I’ve considered other bass amps (especially these new light weight jobs), I’ve never really needed another bass amp. GK makes a great product.