The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

23 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

So I did the unthinkable and sold the honey burst I was slobbering over just a few short posts ago. But, I picked up the most dangerous, most extra, most everything heritage cherry burst to replace it. Yes, it looks so pretty as to have an antisceptic PRS vibe, but fuck it I say, it's about time I have a guitar as pretty as I am.

20210111_181417.thumb.jpg.2ad8b61e79821ba27dbc1a2d8da73eed.jpg

This thing's flames have flames. Pictures don't do this nonsense justice.

Here's a shot of all my girls, and in reference to the boomer vs. millennial belly cut talk that rang in 2021 the right way, the only guitars in the pic that DON'T have that increasingly more and more important cutaway are the Gibsons. It's really the only thing keeping these Lester HP's from being one-ring-to-rule-them-all kinda guitars, imo, but apparently even that was a bridge too far for the wizards in Nashville when they were looking for all the ways they could piss off purists.

20210111_181149.thumb.jpg.cfaf7c9915ab4b502100acbac9078934.jpg

Ironically, that ESP Eclipse, metal's favorite Les Paul and one of Japan's greatest contributions to music, has the most aggressive belly cut of them all.

Now I start in earnest the search for the perfect heirloom LP. My problem so far has been too many fit that category. 

And if you need more evidence that I'm probably too far gone to be of any use, this came in the mail yesterday. There are worse ways to spend growing hemorrhoids on the toilet, let me tell you. The book is OOP, but if you get the chance to check it out, it's awesome.

20210112_112956.thumb.jpg.8259902ba59007a6fc5e60ad550601b4.jpg

Beautiful Les Paul and an overall great collection.

• Like 1

So I did the unthinkable and sold the honey burst I was slobbering over just a few short posts ago. But, I picked up the most dangerous, most extra, most everything heritage cherry burst to replace it. Yes, it looks so pretty as to have an antisceptic PRS vibe, but fuck it I say, it's about time I have a guitar as pretty as I am.

Here's a shot of all my girls, and in reference to the boomer vs. millennial belly cut talk that rang in 2021 the right way, the only guitars in the pic that DON'T have that increasingly more and more important cutaway are the Gibsons. It's really the only thing keeping these Lester HP's from being one-ring-to-rule-them-all kinda guitars, imo, but apparently even that was a bridge too far for the wizards in Nashville when they were looking for all the ways they could piss off purists.

Ironically, that ESP Eclipse, metal's favorite Les Paul and one of Japan's greatest contributions to music, has the most aggressive belly cut of them all.
Now I start in earnest the search for the perfect heirloom LP. My problem so far has been too many fit that category. 
And if you need more evidence that I'm probably too far gone to be of any use, this came in the mail yesterday. There are worse ways to spend growing hemorrhoids on the toilet, let me tell you. The book is OOP, but if you get the chance to check it out, it's awesome.

You are my hero.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

[mention=527]AnotherUTFan[/mention]  Peebles Prom?  Love that.  I have a friend who was in a band called His Boy Elroy.  They played the theme song to the Jetson's going into and coming back from a break.  
That's a great name. I'm naming my next band, which is likely a reincarnation of my current band, "Go Speed, Go!" It hit me during a conversation last week.

Cartoons, man.

BMF with all the guitars!
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, Buzzrock said:

It’s 36° so yeah. I think I need to investigate a humidity system for the guitar room.

Bought one of these about 10 years ago, still works perfect, $49 well spent:

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HUL535B-Humidifier-Shut-Off-Variable/dp/B00NO06VIS/ref=sr_1_6?crid=L2ZXDIM915JZ&dchild=1&keywords=honeywell+humidifiers&qid=1610481230&s=home-garden&sprefix=honeywell%2Cgarden%2C199&sr=1-6

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

@Buzzrock  We put a humidifier on our HVAC a few years ago for other reasons but after that, I was able to leave my acoustics out during the summer.  Before that, I to store the Taylor and one other acoustic in a case with a humidifier in the sound hole, but now I can leave them out.  They can only put them on the ground floor unit (my upstairs is in the attic/ground floor in the basement) but it really helped, even with the humidity upstairs.  My guitars mainly stay in a room in the basement.   

The ONLY problem I've had with a humidifier is the female of the species.  EVERY FUCKING SEASON CHANGE, TWICE A GOTDAMN YEAR, "don't we need to turn on the humidifier?"  Or, dead of fucking winter, she goes to the basement and turns on the DEhumidifier.  I even hid that motherfucker behind some boxes and unplugged it and she dug it out and turned it one.  I'm just glad I didn't removed the drain hose from the pump or she would have flooded the place.  FUCK      sorry...I feel better now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

@Buzzrock  We put a humidifier on our HVAC a few years ago for other reasons but after that, I was able to leave my acoustics out during the summer.  Before that, I to store the Taylor and one other acoustic in a case with a humidifier in the sound hole, but now I can leave them out.  They can only put them on the ground floor unit (my upstairs is in the attic/ground floor in the basement) but it really helped, even with the humidity upstairs.  My guitars mainly stay in a room in the basement.   

The ONLY problem I've had with a humidifier is the female of the species.  EVERY FUCKING SEASON CHANGE, TWICE A GOTDAMN YEAR, "don't we need to turn on the humidifier?"  Or, dead of fucking winter, she goes to the basement and turns on the DEhumidifier.  I even hid that motherfucker behind some boxes and unplugged it and she dug it out and turned it one.  I'm just glad I didn't removed the drain hose from the pump or she would have flooded the place.  FUCK      sorry...I feel better now. 

You know, there's a thread for that...

13 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

You know, there's a thread for that...

Yep.  I started it because she woke me up at 5am, screaming that something was wrong with the dog. Bumps on his belly.  "Boys don't don't tits!"  Both Captain Velcro and I were traumatized.  RIP mighty Captain.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BoomMF said:

I'm pretty sure I love you.

• Haha 2

Does anyone have any experience with Halo guitars? I've been wanting to do a custom for my next guitar and I've been looking at custom shops. Plus they have a pretty nifty custom guitar builder on their website that's fun to play with if you have some time to kill.

https://www.haloguitars.com/store/custom-guitars.html

5 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Yep.  I started it because she woke me up at 5am, screaming that something was wrong with the dog. Bumps on his belly.  "Boys don't don't tits!"  Both Captain Velcro and I were traumatized.  RIP mighty Captain.  

She sounds hotter than a '59 flame top.  Congratulations!

On 1/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

So now they give themselves raises until the costs go up so high nobody can afford to buy one.

I never did get into the New York Dolls, but there was a documentary about them on Amazon or Netflix recently that I really enjoyed. It prompted me to run out and buy their debut album and it's exactly the raw Rock and Roll music thats always been my thing. Shame I didn't find them sooner, I remember being aware of them as far back as High School. Ill have to give it a spin today in honor.

Here he is with a Gretsch. Sylvain Sylvain

7b5f068770eac1a68e7451f855d71fb4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Ford made a Mustang like that in the 90s.

2003 cobra. I was selling cars at the time and we had a convertible and a hard top. I sold the convertible to a 18 year old kid that showed me his bank accounts and I made him cancel a gym membership to show him he could afford it. Thing was probably repo’d 3 months later (don’t care got paid). 

• Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

I never did get into the New York Dolls, but there was a documentary about them on Amazon or Netflix recently that I really enjoyed. It prompted me to run out and buy their debut album 

I don't know if we're talking about the same documentary, but the one that follows Arthur from Salt Lake City to London for the reunion organized by Morissey (I think it's "New York Doll").... that's one of my all-time favorite music documentaries.  He has that I-fried-my-brain-when-I-was-young thing happening... like Ozzy Osbourne, but somehow more childlike and endearing.  

A transvestite rock star drug addict -- now trying to live the Mormon "word of wisdom" while playing a reunion concert.  Pretty entertaining.  

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 2

2003 cobra. I was selling cars at the time and we had a convertible and a hard top. I sold the convertible to a 18 year old kid that showed me his bank accounts and I made him cancel a gym membership to show him he could afford it. Thing was probably repo’d 3 months later (don’t care got paid). 

‘96 Mystic Cobra too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't know if we're talking about the same documentary, but the one that follows Arthur from Salt Lake City to London for the reunion organized by Morissey (I think it's "New York Doll").... that's one of my all-time favorite music documentaries.  He has that I-fried-my-brain-when-I-was-young thing happening... like Ozzy Osbourne, but somehow more childlike and endearing.  
A transvestite rock star drug addict -- now trying to live the Mormon "word of wisdom" while playing a reunion concert.  Pretty entertaining.  
The one I had seen was just a bunch of home video footage from a tour around 1975. I watched the one you referenced last night. Incrdible. Thanks for the rec.

Then he suddenly gets sick and dies weeks after the big reunion. Unbelievable.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, BoomMF said:

Paid my respects to one of the OGs today.

63c4499b5b33749bc6d773f0a719d798.jpg

A friend of mine was a pilot for a young oil man in the mid 80s.   Dude was young, rich and a lunatic.   I can't find the picture anymore, but he would sit at the back of the plane, wearing an old leather helmet, flying scarf, goggles and old leather jacket, like he was flying a bi-plane against Snoopy. 

One year, the oil man threw a party and my buddy had to fly to Louisiana to pick up Chuck Berry who was the entertainment.  My friend asked Mr. Berry if would sign something for him.  Last I heard, he still has that Chuck Berry autographed Coors Light can.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I watched the one you referenced last night. Incrdible. Thanks for the rec.

You're welcome.  Glad you found it.  Some of my favorite movies are low-budget documentaries that just happen to capture a lot of brilliant moments, and "New York Doll" definitely does that.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, Goredho said:

One of you needs to rescue this sad, mistreated ES-335 and replace the pups and swap in a black pickguard before I’m forced to.

https://www.austinvintageguitars.com/store#!/2014-Gibson-ES-335-w-DiMarzio-Double-Cream-DP103-Pickups/p/280272044/category=28480083

E223-C137-20-FC-4-EFC-A6-D8-1-A6-D7-C215

Thinking it might just sound badass as is....