The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

On 1/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, noharleyyet said:

Thinking it might just sound badass as is....

My damn brother just sent me a text with a pic of him playing it at austin vintage guitars and saying it's the best guitar he's ever laid his hands on.

The problem is, he may just be saying that shit to get me to blow $2800 on a guitar I don't need.  We're close like that.

FUCK

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

My damn brother just sent me a text with a pic of him playing it at austin vintage guitars and saying it's the best guitar he's ever laid his hands on.

The problem is, he may just be saying that shit to get me to blow $2800 on a guitar I don't need.  We're close like that.

FUCK

i-dont-get-it-4.gif?width=355&name=i-don

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Celery Man said:

if i ever sounded like that it would be on my McCarty

I was telling my wife I had finally named my prettiest guitar, and was naming it Rory after our futurebaby. She said "the blue one"? No dumbass, that is Trogdor.

image.thumb.png.d83a495db7811c5af8d1e8fd2a5eddcd.png

Rory Paul and Trogdor McCarty really brings the room together....I see that badass amp peeking over the sofa. 

So point of interest.  The original '66 neck on this JM was once on the Oly White Warmoth JM/Strat body to its' right.  That combo just didn't ever really feel right.  Like literally, the combo felt awkward and there had to be  shim and the action was weird even though I tried to fix it a number of ways.  So I took the '66 neck off and put a Guitar Mill neck on that Warmoth body.  Now the Oly is a dream to play.  That left my '66 neck hanging around a long time.  I thought the problem was the neck itself.  Maybe a little too narrow, something off...I had resolved to sell it.  But I could never make myself part with it.

Well this GM body came up loaded on Reverb for a good price and I pulled the trigger.  I'm glad I never sold the neck.  The GM body with this vintage neck is a great match.  No shims needed, good resonance unplugged even, no sustain issues as commonly noted with JMs.  Just the right match.  So all the parts in these offset variations are good, but it goes to show that some combos do work and others don't.  I also used different techs on the Oly/66 neck vs. LPB/66 neck combos and that may've played into it as well.  Lesson learned.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

‘61 CS Reissue.  Figured if I’m going to say goodbye to my balls, it needed to be for something pretty fucking good.
F0-D58190-FBB3-44-A9-ACB2-EF439-AC4-F5-C7.jpg

E6947961-0-DDA-456-B-97-B7-4-AB29-EBDEB2-D.jpg

A3-D44-FCC-D5-F2-495-E-87-A6-4194-B7200-AF8.jpg

EEFAB966-3694-44-C8-A10-E-A8-A3-B9-C659-A7.jpg

That is an all star lineup on your wall. Wow.

I’ve been thinking about dumping all my cheap guitars and condensing down to a lineup like that.
  • Hook 'Em 1