The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

On 2/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, jimmyjazz said:

WTF is it with those little Tele switch knobs?  Mine fell off my Am Std like 3 days after I bought it.  I just raw dogged it for two decades until I sold the guitar.

I had a loose one and learned a good trick for it.  Cut off a little piece of rubber band, hold it over the top of the 3 way switch, put plastic switch tip back on.  Stays in place perfectly.  Had to do this with the switch tip on my strat, too. 

#NGD

I volunteer at an organization that rescues guitars from freezing cold climates. How silly do I feel this week.

My first love was ESP. This is from one of their now defunct sub-brands, Xtone. It's a complete departure from the shred machines ESP is known for, which might be why Xtone never caught on. Regardless, it looks cool and that's most important.

c963562b1428dd62e1508d668dda592c.jpg

a002cb6efd13fb54ae6d5c1fce2aceab.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

#NGD

I volunteer at an organization that rescues guitars from freezing cold climates. How silly do I feel this week.

My first love was ESP. This is from one of their now defunct sub-brands, Xtone. It's a complete departure from the shred machines ESP is known for, which might be why Xtone never caught on. Regardless, it looks cool and that's most important.

c963562b1428dd62e1508d668dda592c.jpg

a002cb6efd13fb54ae6d5c1fce2aceab.jpg

That's pretty, and brings up another missed layup for the Skelecaster:  "NICE HOLLOWBODY!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@tbone_  Listen to this guitar work when Eddy at was the VERY top of this game.   Switching tones about 20 times....all with fingers control and a volume/tone knobs.   My brother swears the best guitar solo he ever saw live was Eddy doing scales before a show. 

This entire album should be owned by everyone who loves music.  No excuses.  

Eddy played with Dwight Yoakum early on and also with Todd Snider.  

More goodness...live.

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Ok I should probably know this but who is the guy on the sunburst strat? Holy shit he is good.

The 50s Strat Eddy is playing here was given to him by Dickey Betts when Eddy was 14. Betts also gave Eddy a 335 owned by Duane Allman. 

Eddy passed away the week before he was supposed to start recording his solo album. When he died, Billy Joe didn't have the money to pay for his funeral so Willie paid for it. Billy Joe paid Willie back by giving him the Strat and the 335. I believe Willie's son Lukas now plays the Strat. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Really aren't new. I have a Swingster in the black, but it's black sparkle with silver sparkle binding. Got it for $300 when they were blowing them out some years ago. It's a nice guitar. Poor man's Gretsch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Black and white by all means.  You could balloon up to 450 lbs. and wear all black, and you'd look like a gym rat.

(True story, when I was young, I thought Lennon's Rick was tear shaped because I only saw the pick guard; his black suits hid the rest of the guitar's shape.

No one said I'd challenge Einstein back then).

The 50s Strat Eddy is playing here was given to him by Dickey Betts when Eddy was 14. Betts also gave Eddy a 335 owned by Duane Allman. 
Eddy passed away the week before he was supposed to start recording his solo album. When he died, Billy Joe didn't have the money to pay for his funeral so Willie paid for it. Billy Joe paid Willie back by giving him the Strat and the 335. I believe Willie's son Lukas now plays the Strat. 
That's a good story Foggy. Everytime I've seen Lukas he's played his 56 Les Paul Jr exclusively. There are always a couple of other guitars on stage near him, but he never picks one up. I notice cause his roadie always comes out between songs and tunes one, so you think he's gonna switch, then he continues with the Jr. Ive decided its a bit thats become part of the act.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Really aren't new. I have a Swingster in the black, but it's black sparkle with silver sparkle binding. Got it for $300 when they were blowing them out some years ago. It's a nice guitar. Poor man's Gretsch. 

I've been picking this one up and putting it back for a few months now.  I had kind of always avoided Epis until I bought that 339 last year and I absolutely love it.  

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/hollow-body/g5420t-electromatic-hollow-body-single-cut-with-bigsby/2506011553

image.thumb.png.e37538d136b91ac1bd2afb65cf545e56.png

27 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:
2 hours ago, Foggy Notion said:

That's a good story Foggy. Everytime I've seen Lukas he's played his 56 Les Paul Jr exclusively. There are always a couple of other guitars on stage near him, but he never picks one up. I notice cause his roadie always comes out between songs and tunes one, so you think he's gonna switch, then he continues with the Jr. Ive decided its a bit thats become part of the act.

Just to be clear, this is just what I've read on the internets.  I've never actually seen Lukas play the Strat, I've just read that he now has it. He's playing the LP Jr. in just about every live pic I've seen. If he does own Eddy's Strat, I'm guessing he doesn't take it out very often. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

I've been picking this one up and putting it back for a few months now.  I had kind of always avoided Epis until I bought that 339 last year and I absolutely love it.  

https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/hollow-body/g5420t-electromatic-hollow-body-single-cut-with-bigsby/2506011553

Those Epi 339's are crazy good. I like mine better than the Gibson version I was trying to help a friend unload. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just to be clear, this is just what I've read on the internets.  I've never actually seen Lukas play the Strat, I've just read that he now has it. He's playing the LP Jr. in just about every live pic I've seen. If he does own Eddy's Strat, I'm guessing he doesn't take it out very often. 

I thought I saw him play a sunburst strat on the awakening when I saw him at antones in 2011 or so. I could be mistaken but that what I remember.

I also remember his brother Micah sat on the stage the whole time doing real time interpretive art. Which I’m sure added something to the show.

8 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Sweetwater rep said $784 with a hard shell case

On 2/12/2021 at 9:53 AM, hullabelew said:

So I might buy a green one. What should I buy this or a cheap Gretsch