The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Don Harvey's drum kit, Scrappy's guitar, George Reiff's bass amp, Ian on keyboards.  What a fucking band.  I saw Scrappy Jud and Jeff Plankenhorn a little over a year ago.  Just an incredibly fun show.  Also, I was watching a Ray Wylie video one day and he set down a little case.  On it was stenciled, George Reiffs Mic.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Last night I pulled out a Gretsch for the 1st time in ages to play with some friends instead of the Telecasters I've used exclusively on this project. It was fantastic.

Gretsch:

We have 2 original songs down pretty well. I play guitar on one and bass on the other. Im banging my head on the wall trying to come up with an idea to start working on a 3rd. Everything I come up with either isn't right for what we're doing, or I find a good riff and cant find a 2nd or 3rd part.
6f2e20f7675951cd836e0f5293dd114f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Goredho said:

Bonamassa is worth catching live even if you don’t care for his music that much.  You’ll see a half million worth of vintage guitars in a couple hours.

I can't imagine what the insurance must be on hauling around that valuable of gear around from town to town.  So many opportunities for loss/damage/theft. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I can't imagine what the insurance must be on hauling around that valuable of gear around from town to town.  So many opportunities for loss/damage/theft. 

Yep,  I love that he does it.  I view his gigs as less of a concert and more a celebration of Guitar Americana.  I’ll pay for good seats just to ogle the guitars and feel I get my money’s worth for that alone.  Its better entertainment than another Saturday Night spent alone, drunk high, binging on surly humor and then midget pr0n.

Did i say that out loud?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Yep,  I love that he does it.  I view his gigs as less of a concert and more a celebration of Guitar Americana.  I’ll pay for good seats just to ogle the guitars and feel I get my money’s worth for that alone.  Its better entertainment than another Saturday Night spent alone, drunk high, binging on surly humor and then midget pr0n.

Did i say that out loud?

You did, and I can't say I'm not a little disappointed.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t doubt his skills at monetization exceeds his guitar chops.  There’s a reason he’s got three 59 Les Pauls in his collection and it’s not because he’s a starving artist.

Edited by Goredho
I think it’s cool he takes them on the road and “shares them” with his audience.

He played these last year (edit: er, 2019 - fucking pandemic) at Red Rocks during his 2 hour set (he introduced them to the audience).  Also an early 60s red ES-345, a blondish strat from the 60s, and some acoustic I had never heard of from the 30s.  Was cool to see and hear them all.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-01-at-9-06-04-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-01-at-9-10-00-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-01-at-9-09-15-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-03-01-at-9-06-37-AM.png

Edited by Goredho

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Check out the list of merch on his website. Holy fuck, that a lot of JB branded bullshit. Probably makes more money of that than his music. 

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/

While you were hate scrolling, did you check out that Custom Shop Twin with an oh so coveted 5F8A circuit hand made by the mothership? That thing is drool worthy. I'd be serious about cheating and stealing to get one, but it doesn't have an effects loop or built-in step down because you and he are brothers from another mother who believe the way grandpa did it is the best way. Y'all are probably not wrong, but I'm a creature of convenience.

Before the pandemic fucked us, he and Fender were set to release a Custom Shop V-front Dual Professional, the king ding-a-ling tweed amp. Power reduction, effects loop or no, there will be cheating and maybe a little stealing if Fender decide to be heroes again. I came close to putting a deposit on the Rift version of that amp, but I want my V-front to say "Fender" across the face because I'm vain and easily manipulated. (I still get the bothers when I see that pic of Billy Gibbons doing half a shocker in front of his collection of Duals.)

2e8611dccd715a9050f8bd177388d20c.jpg.fa250e1774cc926dd44fbb4ab22767a4.jpg

Edited by BoomMF
Edited to add pic. Queue bothers.
  • Haha 2

On 2/27/2021 at 9:53 PM, Bogeywon said:

Bought the cab should be here this weekend 

On 2/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, Deej said:

Again, we need one thread to rule them all. 

Sorry but guitar and shit lol

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, BoomMF said:

While you were hate scrolling, did you check out that Custom Shop Twin with an oh so coveted 5F8A circuit hand made by the mothership? That thing is drool worthy. I'd be serious about cheating and stealing to get one, but it doesn't have an effects loop or built-in step down because you and he are brothers from another mother who believe the way grandpa did it is the best way. Y'all are probably not wrong, but I'm a creature of convenience.

Before the pandemic fucked us, he and Fender were set to release a Custom Shop V-front Dual Professional, the king ding-a-ling tweed amp. Power reduction, effects loop or no, there will be cheating and maybe a little stealing if Fender decide to be heroes again. I came close to putting a deposit on the Rift version of that amp, but I want my V-front to say "Fender" across the face because I'm vain and easily manipulated. (I still get the bothers when I see that pic of Billy Gibbons doing half a shocker in front of his collection of Duals.)

2e8611dccd715a9050f8bd177388d20c.jpg.fa250e1774cc926dd44fbb4ab22767a4.jpg

That amp has nothing on a Joe Bonamassa blanket. And the blanket only goes for 70 bucks.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:21 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

We have 2 original songs down pretty well. I play guitar on one and bass on the other. Im banging my head on the wall trying to come up with an idea to start working on a 3rd. Everything I come up with either isn't right for what we're doing, or I find a good riff and cant find a 2nd or 3rd part.
6f2e20f7675951cd836e0f5293dd114f.jpg

do one of those songs that has a really nice consistent drum beat / bass guitar groove and then little guitar lines and janglies over it

• Hook 'Em 1

Say what you will, the dude has a ridiculous collection.  I've been on a tweed kick over the last several years that has netted me five Fender tweed recreations, including the little brother to the 5F8A, the Fender Custom Shop Low Powered Tweed Twin (5E8A).  That Fender HPTT is a stunner (Basically a 2x12 double power Bassman)  But I've moved away from high power stuff and top out with the 45 watt Victoria Bassman.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Say what you will, the dude has a ridiculous collection.  I've been on a tweed kick over the last several years that has netted me five Fender tweed recreations, including the little brother to the 5F8A, the Fender Custom Shop Low Powered Tweed Twin (5E8A).  That Fender HPTT is a stunner (Basically a 2x12 double power Bassman)  But I've moved away from high power stuff and top out with the 45 watt Victoria Bassman.

Have we seen a family portrait?
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 3/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, Deej said:

Check out the list of merch on his website. Holy fuck, that a lot of JB branded bullshit. Probably makes more money of that than his music. 

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/

I remember way back when Joe was barely heard of, he was one of the most self-promoted guitar players in the planet. He had an advanced website when most players didn't even have websites. He seemed like he marketed his own way into the limelight. He is a really good player, and I love the stuff he did with Glenn Hughes in Black Country Communion where he showed a different side. Otherwise, he always seemed like kind of a douche and his solo gigs don't do much for me.

Having said all that, he has a way better guitar collection than me and is a far better player by light years than I'll ever be, so if he's got that going for him.

Come on, guys.  This is your chance to help ol’ Joe stay above water during the pandemic.  Maybe even help him get a new 59 burst.  And if you need more incentive, you just know the fat geriatrics will be up all night to get lucky after a year of lockdown!

That's a pretty non-blues blues lineup, save Buddy Guy.

Those cruises are interesting, though.  I went on one with a bunch of KGSR types (Radney Foster, Kim Richey, Darden Smith, etc.).  It was pretty easy to get to know the artists, because it's a boat -- they want out of their rooms, too.  The lines get blurred between artist and audience.  Follow the #1 rule -- "don't be a dick" -- and you can actually catch them with their guard down.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's a pretty non-blues blues lineup, save Buddy Guy.

Those cruises are interesting, though.  I went on one with a bunch of KGSR types (Radney Foster, Kim Richey, Darden Smith, etc.).  It was pretty easy to get to know the artists, because it's a boat -- they want out of their rooms, too.  The lines get blurred between artist and audience.  Follow the #1 rule -- "don't be a dick" -- and you can actually catch them with their guard down.

I bet.  The 2019 lineup was pretty strong, and I certainly wouldn't have minded catching Rebecca Lovell, Megan Lovell or Samantha Fish with their guard down.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-02-at-4-22-18-PM.png