The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I bet.  The 2019 lineup was pretty strong, and I certainly wouldn't have minded catching Rebecca Lovell, Megan Lovell or Samantha Fish with their guard down.

Team Larkin Poe here.

As in, "hey girls, y'all up for a Larkin PoeBoy?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Have we seen a family portrait?

Yes, sans Harvard (Lil Dawg 5f10).

Family-Portrait.jpg

Clark Penrose (Super 5f4), Victoria 45410 (Bassman 5f6a), 1973 Fender Deluxe Reverb, Fender Custom Shop 57 Twin (5e8a), and Magic (Deluxe 5e3)

5f10.jpg

Lil Dawg Harvard 5f10 (I replaced the L/D name tag with a repro Harvard badge because as good as this amp is, that badge sucks).

And as much as I love the tweeds, the Deluxe Reverb is still the king.  Serviced and blackfaced by David Allen.  Sporting a 1968 Jensen C12N

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Man, you can search “Kate Moss Musician” and the first hit is still the model. I get it, rule of Michael Bolton, etc, but change your name or go by “Kate Moss and the Broken Stilettos” or whatever.

I’m not mad at Joe B but out of the douchenozzle guitarists with drool worthy gear at least John Mayer is interesting.

2 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Man, you can search “Kate Moss Musician” and the first hit is still the model. I get it, rule of Michael Bolton, etc, but change your name or go by “Kate Moss and the Broken Stilettos” or whatever.

I’m not mad at Joe B but out of the douchenozzle guitarists with drool worthy gear at least John Mayer is interesting.

So who would be the fourth member of mount douchemore along with Joe, John and Jack White? Not sure there's another obvious one as those three. Dave Navarro, maybe?

5 hours ago, DougO said:

So who would be the fourth member of mount douchemore along with Joe, John and Jack White? Not sure there's another obvious one as those three. Dave Navarro, maybe?

If he were more famous . . . Monte Montgomery.

So, disallowing him, I'd say Joe Satriani.  Plus, all 4 names start with "J".  (Um . . .)

• Hook 'Em 1

Let's just go ahead and throw the bassists a bone and put Roger Waters on there.

In my third position is Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. Please note Pink Floyd is my favorite band but this only makes me more aware of his actions. The troubles begin when the group hit success with their album The Dark Side of the Moon. Not only does he take credit as the "creative genius" behind the album but he started to take control over the band after this album in a fascist like manner. Mr.Waters slowly broke the band apart from the inside with his poor leadership tactics. The real trouble began while touring Animals when Mr.Waters lost it at a show in Montreal. An audience member set off a firecracker near to the stage. Mr.Water s stopped singing and shouted out, "Oh, for fuck's sake. Stop letting off fireworks and shouting and screaming! I'm trying to sing a song." He then continued with the song, but things went downhill from there, and during "Pigs (Three Different Ones)", Waters watched incredulously as one fan climbed the netting that separated the audience from the band and in disgust, Waters spat in his admirer's face. Things continued to worsen, while recording The Wall that Waters decided to fire Wright, after Wright's personal problems began to affect the album production. After the Wall, The Final Cut was released. The sleeve notes describe it as being a piece "by Roger Waters" that was "performed by Pink Floyd" (rather than an actual Pink Floyd record). David Gilmour purposely tried to delay the release of the album as to get some of his work on the album but Waters refused. It was the lowest selling Pink Floyd studio album in the US since Meddle which was released in 1971. Waters dominated the recording sessions which lead to the band breaking up. Waters continues to act this way to this very day. For becoming the very fascist you complained about and sharing your spit with fans faces as well as ruining the greatest band ever, I put Roger Waters as the #3 biggest asshole in rock.

Edited by Goredho

13 hours ago, dcbc said:

Yes, sans Harvard (Lil Dawg 5f10).

Family-Portrait.jpg

Clark Penrose (Super 5f4), Victoria 45410 (Bassman 5f6a), 1973 Fender Deluxe Reverb, Fender Custom Shop 57 Twin (5e8a), and Magic (Deluxe 5e3)

5f10.jpg

Lil Dawg Harvard 5f10 (I replaced the L/D name tag with a repro Harvard badge because as good as this amp is, that badge sucks).

And as much as I love the tweeds, the Deluxe Reverb is still the king.  Serviced and blackfaced by David Allen.  Sporting a 1968 Jensen C12N

That is a hot line up.  I really want one of those CS Twins, but I have absolutely no business buying one.  I'm looking for a 1x15 Pro style tweed for use with my vintage pedal steel.  That's a long term shopping item though.  I'll really have to find the right one to drop the money necessary to get one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

That is a hot line up.  I really want one of those CS Twins, but I have absolutely no business buying one.  I'm looking for a 1x15 Pro style tweed for use with my vintage pedal steel.  That's a long term shopping item though.  I'll really have to find the right one to drop the money necessary to get one.  

Has that stopped any of us before?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If he were more famous . . . Monte Montgomery.

So, disallowing him, I'd say Joe Satriani.  Plus, all 4 names start with "J".  (Um . . .)

Joe is too quiet to be at that douche level. And I have never met him personally, but his people have been really good to me, just some nobody, with getting me photo passes to his shows and stuff.

4 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:
15 hours ago, DougO said:

Can it be James Hetfield? That guys a giant douche.

I thought about Hammett at first, but I feel there must be a higher level of douche. If it were for drummers, Lars would definitely be a first round pick. Hetfield, I dunno...seems to have brief moments of regular guy-ness.

6 hours ago, Goredho said:

Let's just go ahead and throw the bassists a bone and put Roger Waters on there.

Yeah, definitely a top choice for bassists. How about the All-Douche Band?

guitar: Jack White
bass: Waters
drums: Lars
lead singer: pretty much pick one

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, DougO said:

Joe is too quiet to be at that douche level. And I have never met him personally, but his people have been really good to me, just some nobody, with getting me photo passes to his shows and stuff.

18 minutes ago, DougO said:

And Monte was giving free facebook shows during the the pandemic for months. Kind of a goofball, nerdy ADHD OCD guitar player, but not a douche.

I think we have very different definitions of "douche".

Agreed. I saw him once and my impression was he was totally down to earth with zero db factor.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, no sunglasses when I saw him.  And making jokes about how awesome his hair was in the 80s (he's a cueball now).  Then he put the $300 on the nightstand and proceeded to get undressed.

FIFY :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

That LPTT wouldn't be bad for pedal steel either.  Piano like lows.  You can't jump it like other four-holers though.  But plug a Y-cable into the high/low inputs, and it's a whole different animal.  Even though it's only about 40 watts, and will break up, it's a bit of an ear bleed at that point.  I like to run it with a Catalinbread SFT in front of it.  Instant live Stones circa 1972.

The super (5f4), the pro (5e5a), and the bandmaster (5e7) are all the exact same amp, just with different speaker sets, transformer taps, and cabinet sizes.  The Pro is an 8 ohm transformer.  The super and bandmaster both are four ohm.  This Super has been a fairly frustrating amp for me.  I'd always heard it was "Leo's Favorite," and "designed for the Telecaster."  But the cleans were sterile and the drive tones were raspy with a lot of that sterile headroom to get through.  Turning it up and rolling off the volume gave a different kind of clean and it was kind of muffled.  Finally, I realized that it doesn't wake up until you get the treble past 12 o'clock.  The treble is like a drive knob.  Get that up there, and it behaves like you want.  Nice snarl, less raspy (not that that's always bad---Won't get Fooled Again comes to mind), roll back the guitar volume for some nice cleans.  So now, while it's not my favorite amp, it definitely has a spot in the lineup.

• Like 2

If Kirk Hammett and Joe Satriani are on someone's all-time douche list I need to hit Urban Dictionary and update my definition of douche. Ten posts in on a dbag guitarists list and the score is Lindsey Buckinham: 0, Kirk Hammett: 1.

This is solid. Lindsey is the gdboat. A damn fine player. It a docuhebag nevertheless.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:19 PM, DougO said:

Yeah, definitely a top choice for bassists. How about the All-Douche Band?

guitar: Jack White
bass: Waters
drums: Lars
lead singer: pretty much pick one

Don't forget Eddie Van Halen on lead guitar

For singer, Axl Rose has to be up there.

• Like 1