The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

28 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Yeah, I've got an old PRS HBII and it's beautiful and plays like a dream.  Even has the birds (probably my least favorite part).  But I just can't get past the juxtaposition of that headstock with the strat body.

I can envision Mayer trynna explain it..zzzzzzzzzzz

I like the PRS headstock. It is practical, more functional and better designed than most without the chronic tuning issues of some, and it fits the guitar. Both of mine are SE Korean models, one with birds one with dots. Hard to beat for the total package of quality, functionality and beauty. The only thing that can't do is make me not suck at guitar.

The other day, my wife looked at one guitar on the wall and asked when I got it.  I said, "1982, a hell of a lot longer than I've known you."   She said, "Just never noticed it before."     Hulla sees a window opening..........local guitar shop getting in one of these.  

md_1b500cb52b79622a12545008c76458e7.jpg

As I once heard PRS say: just leave the house with an empty case and tell her you’re taking one to the shop.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is a 40 minute video where JM goes into detail about why PRS instead of Fender and what the differences are. It features some great playing but it also features JM talking a lot, so if that’s the sort of thing that might bother you then I’d say pass. I thought it was fascinating and I go back and watch the playing parts often.

And a gazillion companies have made Strat copies, that’s not heat that should be reserved for PRS.
  • Like 1

I just entered the Metal Zone with my second Pfizer shot.  Will be interesting to see if my playing gets heavier.

WxtV5SFshPCY9wSSu5w2iY-320-80.jpg
The notion that COVID-19 vaccines will be used by governments across the globe to track the human race's every move has long been a topic of discussion among conspiracy theorists. But now, new 'evidence' has emerged from Italian proponents of the idea – only it would be evidence, were it not a reworked schematic for the Boss Metal Zone.

The conspiracy theorists shared the schematic online, claiming it depicted the diagram for the supposed 5G chip. It features a section labelled “5G frequency” – clearly the source of many a theorist's eureka moment – as well as terms guitarists will find familiar: “MT-2 Gain”, “Footswitch” among the most recognizable.

Mario Fusco, a senior software engineer at Redhat, spotted the misinformation and took to Twitter to flag it.

“Here in Italy people started to share this figure claiming that this is the diagram of the 5G chip that has been inserted in the COVID vaccine,” he tweeted. “In reality it is the electric circuit of a guitar pedal.”

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/conspiracy-theorists-share-schematic-for-5g-chip-they-claim-is-implanted-in-covid-19-vaccines-only-its-actually-for-the-boss-metal-zone

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

This is a 40 minute video where JM goes into detail about why PRS instead of Fender and what the differences are. It features some great playing but it also features JM talking a lot, so if that’s the sort of thing that might bother you then I’d say pass. I thought it was fascinating and I go back and watch the playing parts often.

And a gazillion companies have made Strat copies, that’s not heat that should be reserved for PRS.

shutupandplay.gif

To reward myself for surviving the last year I just bought this 1964 Epiphone Texan.  Plays and sounds great.  It’s not in immaculate condition or anything.  Just a solid player-grade vintage acoustic.  Now I just need a good Tele.

292-CFED8-1-B1-F-40-FF-A535-5010311-F874

241442-DE-8097-4-ED7-A179-4907-BA2-F6-A2

185513-F1-BE6-B-4-E15-8359-50-C6-FC9-E29

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Goredho said:

To reward myself for surviving the last year I just bought this 1964 Epiphone Texan.  Plays and sounds great.  It’s not in immaculate condition or anything.  Just a solid player-grade vintage acoustic.  Now I just need a good Tele.

292-CFED8-1-B1-F-40-FF-A535-5010311-F874

241442-DE-8097-4-ED7-A179-4907-BA2-F6-A2

185513-F1-BE6-B-4-E15-8359-50-C6-FC9-E29

Fuckin A.  Happy Friday to us!

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s why I kind of like that I have an “ugly” one. The wood grain is kinda weird, it’s purple, it has some sun fading. The 10 Tops can come off as too nice to play.

Mines almost 20 years old and it’s a  beauty 

• Like 1

I don't know why, but this memory popped into my head this morning:

When I was a little kid - maybe only 8 or 9 years old - my older brother went to a Kiss concert.  And the next day, he was recounting how incredible and amazing everything was... breathing fire, spitting blood, the light show, etc.

And among the details he related to me with breathless excitement was this:  Ace Frehley played a guitar solo, and he played the guitar **so** fast that it started SMOKING!!

For years, I thought there was something about electric guitars where if you just played the shit out of them, they could overheat.

• Like 1

Hey, Celery -

Glad you took that in the (lighthearted) way it was intended.

Backstory:  My very first electric guitar was a black and gold Les Paul Custom.  I wouldn't settle for anything else.  Mowed yards and spent almost no money on anything else for the better part of a year until I could afford one.  

During that time of work and sacrifice, I overheard some of the older kids at church - who had inspired me to start playing guitar in the first place - talking about Paul Reed Smith this and Paul Reed Smith that.  I asked one of them what they were talking about.  I very much remember one of them telling me, "It's a guitar that's *better* than a Les Paul."  So you can imagine how that was received.  I was like, "Yeah, there's no way that's right."

The bias lives on.

Edited by Paul Wesley

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

PRS is the best at being a PRS. But it's better at being a Les Paul than a Strat, and better at being a Strat than a Les Paul.

Lol! My custom 24 is my go to. I can get any tone out of that thing. I can make it sound like a strat or a Les Paul. 

• Like 1