The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

22 hours ago, Goredho said:

I like the look of it.  Not sure that any of the tones in the video are very flattering.  The intro piece has some weird synth pedal on it, which strikes me as a terrible way to show it off... and the dirty tones sound really harsh.  

I don’t like crazy hot pickups.  I seem to be in the minority there.  I’d love to hear this guitar with something less aggressive.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I started asking questions as soon as I saw the picture.   I knew he 'had a couple of guitars', but fuck me.  

Gold Top:  "My soulmate.  A 1980 with maple neck.  Had mini-humbuckers but I completely rebuilt the electronics to hot rod it for my high gain addiction."

WTF are Granger amps?:  "They are clones hand made by Curt Granger in Birmingham, AL.  The left is a JCM800 clone and the other is a Soldano SLO clone.  They fuckin' smoke."

Gotta know about that little red V:  "Kid guitar by some Gibson sub group.  Tuned to open G."

What is the amp with the V logo:  "V Boutiuque brand, 112 Cab with old Celestion G12-65 speaker. "

Edited by hullabelew
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

I started asking questions as soon as I saw the picture.   I knew he 'had a couple of guitars', but fuck me.  

Gold Top:  "My soulmate.  A 1980 with maple neck.  Had mini-humbuckers but I completely rebuilt the electronics to hot rod it for my high gain addiction."

WTF are Granger amps?:  "They are clones hand made by Curt Granger in Birmingham, AL.  The left is a JCM800 clone and the other is a Soldano SLO clone.  They fuckin' smoke."

Gotta know about that little red V:  "Kid guitar by some Gibson sub group.  Tuned to open G."

What is the amp with the V logo:  "V Boutiuque brand, 112 Cab with old Celestion G12-65 speaker. "

As soon as I have room.... it will look like this

• Hook 'Em 1

Has anyone been to the Dallas International Guitar Festival? I don't really want to hang out and watch the bands, just roam around the vendors and look for stuff I don't need. I have been to the Three Amigos show in Arlington and it is usually pretty fun. It this about the same or is it more concert focused?

https://www.guitarshow.com

1 hour ago, topochico said:

Has anyone been to the Dallas International Guitar Festival? I don't really want to hang out and watch the bands, just roam around the vendors and look for stuff I don't need. I have been to the Three Amigos show in Arlington and it is usually pretty fun. It this about the same or is it more concert focused?

https://www.guitarshow.com

I go every chance I get.  It's worth it just to wander around and gawk at the guitars.  The concerts are just a bonus.  I hardly ever watch them.  It's more fun to shake hands with Junior Brown or Rick Derringer or Eric Johnson as they're wandering about doing the same thing you are.  

Waaaay back when it was held in the Convention Center, a young Chad bought his 82 LP Custom there for $500.  This was 1988 or so.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Check out this romper room. Buddy just moved into a new house and got good toys all set up. 149f6fdf7ac37a21845f7ddec56d9b79.jpg

the level of OCD i have is remarkable.  when i look at that picture, the first thing i think is why has he not switched the fender that is third from the right with the LP that is fourth from the left for symmetry (and then actually switched the SG and that LP for proper Gibson evolution?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

the level of OCD i have is remarkable.  when i look at that picture, the first thing i think is why has he not switched the fender that is third from the right with the LP that is fourth from the left for symmetry (and then actually switched the SG and that LP for proper Gibson evolution?

Cause then you'd have to swap the Explorer that is 5th from left with the Les Paul that is 6th from right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, sidis said:

You complete me. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Cause then you'd have to swap the Explorer that is 5th from left with the Les Paul that is 6th from right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Although it looks to me like he's generally trying to do a mirror from the middle kind of thing.

fair, but it seems to me, if i am designing that lineup...

evolution (l to r): acoustic, dark strat, wood strat, white strat, light explorer, dark explorer, mini flying v in the middle, SG, gold top les paul, tobacco burst LP, tri-burst lp, 335, acoustic.

alternatively, mirror: acoustic, cherry burst explorer, dark strat, triburst LP, wood strat, gold top LP, v in the middle, tobacco LP, white strat, 335, SG, dark explorer, acoustic.

feel free to forward these to your friend @hullabelew.  I'm sure he will appreciate it.

• Like 1

Amusing that even Gibson removes the robotuners. 

They have added a bunch of stuff recently. Alas, no basses. 

Pelham Blue is such a great color. The freaky Les Paul hologram would be deal breaker though. 

o8dbvvohpozt3ntqe8zc.thumb.jpg.eaef9f4d3568427ffb79a0a168861f3a.jpg

p5scfnlh9u6vfj8dmpg9.jpg

Edited by topochico
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Don’t do that. The figure in that top is nice, but it ain’t close to what is on your top. 

That's where I am.  Though I think the HP is likely a better long term player outter.  I'm a fan of modern upgrades to vintagey looking standards across all the classics (Strat/Tele/LP).  Straight vintage guitars are like vintage cars.  There have been so many improvements over time that they are not for journeyman's work.