The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Oh, to whom it may concern:

I just cashed in all of my Southwest Airlines miles I've accumulated over 11 years. I now have $1,000.00 in Amazon play money. I'm thinking 50 watt Marshall Origin, Vox AC4TV1 handwired, Fender 68 Custom Princeton Reverb, Fender Roger Waters Precision Bass, or Fender 50's Precision Bass (fiesta red).

I hear great things about the Origin series, but the 68 Custom Princeton Reverb is the best amp I've ever owned. That trem is to die for. 

(Oh, and quietest amp I've played through. If you plan on recording, well...that's my choice.)

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

In order to justify a new purchase, about to take three guitars to the ebay.  PM me if interested and I'll send details and pics.  I'll give you the surly discount.

1)  Duesenberg Dragster - "oil and wax" finish.  Like new.  Very bad ass guitar.

2)  Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro (gold top finish) -  this one does the coil tap thing.(it was a STOTD purchase, I think $399).  I bought a hardshell SKB case after I got it.   Like brand new.

3)  Gibson SG in pelham blue finish -  good condition.  A few minor battle scars.  I got it used for around $700 and then I put Lollar dog ear P90's in it and got a TKL hardshell case.  Very rock.

Mine has nice cleans. It gets some dirt earlier on the dial than a 65 as it has a modified Bassman tone stack. It's not crazy though. The mids are a bit more pronounced and the low end is tight. I really like it. I dropped a NOS 5751 in V1. Humbuckers with the guitar volume rolled back may be my favorite tone. Clean, but full.

I'll share this vid again, because its a great representation of what this amp does.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

In order to justify a new purchase, about to take three guitars to the ebay.  PM me if interested and I'll send details and pics.  I'll give you the surly discount.
1)  Duesenberg Dragster - "oil and wax" finish.  Like new.  Very bad ass guitar.
2)  Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro (gold top finish) -  this one does the coil tap thing.(it was a STOTD purchase, I think $399).  I bought a hardshell SKB case after I got it.   Like brand new.
3)  Gibson SG in pelham blue finish -  good condition.  A few minor battle scars.  I got it used for around $700 and then I put Lollar dog ear P90's in it and got a TKL hardshell case.  Very rock.

Very interested in the Epi. Very. Shoot me a PM with your final price and a couple of pics if possible. \m/

I want a Princeton, too, but I can't justify a big amp expense. I can't hold an amp in my arms in warm embrace as a substitute for the women I never have. It just sits there coldly and glares at me from across the room, like the few women I have ever had but without the warm glorious tones when turned on.

I was really hoping for sort of a budget Princeton type ting when I bought the Superchamp a couple of years ago. Still a great amp, though.

Edited by DougO

Mine has nice cleans. It gets some dirt earlier on the dial than a 65 as it has a modified Bassman tone stack. It's not crazy though. The mids are a bit more pronounced and the low end is tight. I really like it. I dropped a NOS 5751 in V1. Humbuckers with the guitar volume rolled back may be my favorite tone. Clean, but full.

I'll share this vid again, because its a great representation of what this amp does.

That, my friends, is why the Princeton is arguably the most recorded amp ever. Its like the amp is covering you in lotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

22 watts vs 12, 12” speaker vs 10”. Better tone at a lower volume on the PR. Circuitry is a little different too.

They sell a special edition PR that has a 12" speaker, and it's in tweed. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PrinceRev65FSR--fender-65-princeton-reverb-15-watt-1x12-inch-tube-combo-amp-lacquered-tweed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

When my brother finally takes back his 64 DR, this is what I'm buying.  

Also, I think I'm in the process of forming a duo.  Was having cocktails with a liquor rep friend and was going to play some music on the jukebox.  I asked her what she wanted to hear.  "How about Crowded House or The Connells"?  Then she starts singing along.  Her voice blew me away.  As we talked, she said she always wanted to play in a two piece duo.  

So, we made a list of 10 songs that she thought she could sing and I'm in the process of learning them.   Then I'll teach her the chords and we will see if this goes anywhere.  If it works out, I'l be in the market for a PA and other goodies to run everything through.  

• Like 3

Wow, The Connells.  That's a trip via the wayback machine.  I saw them a couple of times and bought their album.  I think their promo photo was of their shoes?
No shit. I've known her for a couple of years but when she said that, I damn near proposed. But I don't know how my wife and her husband would take it.

When I get back to the house, I'll post the list of songs we are learning.