The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Also, if any guitar collectors see anything resembling these guitars during their perusings (Austin-San Antonio) a heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Not so much a matter of waiting with bated breath to retrieve guitars, but to stop it from happening again.

1) Gibson Tobacco Burst Les Paul electric guitar (serial # 131400613)

2) Fender P-Bass (serial # 8144547- the "5" might be an "S") 

3) Ibanez 6-string acoustic guitar (serial # C03070733)

4) Yamaha 12-string acoustic guitar 

5) Tokai 335 Satin Walnut Semi-Hollow electric guitar

6) Tokai Explorer with Split V headstock electric guitar, Korina gold hardware 

7)Tokai Heritage Cherry SG electric guitar

8) EVH LBX Mark II Amplifier head

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

32 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Also, if any guitar collectors see anything resembling these guitars during their perusings (Austin-San Antonio) a heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Not so much a matter of waiting with bated breath to retrieve guitars, but to stop it from happening again.

😎 EVH LBX Mark II Amplifier head

Fuck a thief.  Foggy is the resident CL sleuth.  I'm so sorry for this.  Shitty.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Cool strap. I was checking out their website after I ordered a strap that bought my eye in an ad from Chicago Music. Tag says it is one of theirs, will definitely be getting more. Still trying to find the right strap for some of my guitars but this one exists for the tele

Not as colorful as the Souldier or Couch straps, but Dogtired makes a comfortable and really durable strap. Apparently they make them out of the same material they use for karate belts.

https://dogtiredguitars.com/collections/straps-1

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

😎 EVH LBX Mark II Amplifier head

Man, that sucks les balls.  Those Tokai's are great sleepers.  I remember playing a Springy Sound waaaay back in the mid-80s and they blew the first Fender RIs away.  They nailed the 50s Strat look/feel/sound.  There's a guy at the guitar show every year who has a whole booth set up with Tokais.  It's his thing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Man, that sucks les balls.  Those Tokai's are great sleepers.  I remember playing a Springy Sound waaaay back in the mid-80s and they blew the first Fender RIs away.  They nailed the 50s Strat look/feel/sound.  There's a guy at the guitar show every year who has a whole booth set up with Tokais.  It's his thing.  

Most of those guitars came to me via a longtime friend who's really into guitar collecting. The SG was sweet.

According to him, the rarest one taken was the Tokai Explorer with the split V headstock. I know next to jack, relatively, but he claims there might be 2 of these in Texas. 

56 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Most of those guitars came to me via a longtime friend who's really into guitar collecting. The SG was sweet.

According to him, the rarest one taken was the Tokai Explorer with the split V headstock. I know next to jack, relatively, but he claims there might be 2 of these in Texas. 

Somewhere in this thread are pics I posted of the Tokai guy from the Dallas Guitar Show a couple years back.  I think he's from Dallas, but I'd bet along with the pics of Tokais, there's a pic of his sign.  You may be able to reach out to him and put him on alert.  The Tokai fan group in Texas can't be that big, and maybe you can use that to your advantage to get these back if they pop up on the market.  I'd put alerts on Reverb, G-Base and eBay to see if any come up there as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Come to think of it, it may be on TOS.

15 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Somewhere in this thread are pics I posted of the Tokai guy from the Dallas Guitar Show a couple years back.  I think he's from Dallas, but I'd bet along with the pics of Tokais, there's a pic of his sign.  You may be able to reach out to him and put him on alert.  The Tokai fan group in Texas can't be that big, and maybe you can use that to your advantage to get these back if they pop up on the market.  I'd put alerts on Reverb, G-Base and eBay to see if any come up there as well.

Thx for the info. 

14 minutes ago, Deej said:

Surf green with a maple neck all fucking day long. 

This right here. Unless you want a Strat specifically with a V profile neck, then go with the blonde.

And please don’t pay $500 for a reliced Affinity Strat. You can make that guitar yourself for $150-200 including the Duncan JB in the bridge. 

Edited by Foggy Notion
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

This right here. Unless you want a Strat specifically with a V profile neck, then go with the blonde.

And please don’t pay $500 for a reliced Affinity Strat. You can make that guitar yourself for $150-200 including the Duncan JB in the bridge. 

Ok so I’ll bargain on the surf green but who’s gonna build me the cobain? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I entered in the the monthly Sweetwater giveaway like I always do since winning a guitar and amp. 

Got an email today wanting to verify my contact info. 

It's the same as it was when I ordered from them last month. 

It's happening!

Praying The Office GIF

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

A friend let me borrow this early 70s walnut ES-345. Eager to put it through its paces but I have the sleepy from staying out late and seeing 40 Acre Mule at Sundown at Granada. My first post covid show and it was great. Y’all should check them out.

0e77e1dc145c7e8c4eb957ca66485f7d.jpg

efa8206bc4683be3483163fb5e349ba7.jpg
It is quite heavy.

Also took the possession of the new to me R8 and dropped it off at the luthier to get a set up. Whoever had it last has the screws for the stop tailpiece jacked waaay up. I also asked about the over the tailpiece (rather than through). He didn’t recommend because it puts an additional stress point on the strings unnecessarily. We shall see. Pics when I get it back.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Deej said:

I entered in the the monthly Sweetwater giveaway like I always do since winning a guitar and amp. 

Got an email today wanting to verify my contact info. 

It's the same as it was when I ordered from them last month. 

It's happening!

Praying The Office GIF

Maybe I missed it but what did you win??? Need details 

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Maybe I missed it but what did you win??? Need details 

I won a Charvel guitar and a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister amp. I ended up trading both away for another guitar and amp and cash. 

Here's the Charvel:

Screenshot_20210509-093132_Amazon Photos.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

58 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Did you post pics?  

Not yet, but I may at some point, Mr. Fuck.  One of them just went to my luthier today to swap the nut, pots, pickups, and put into Drop B.  The 5 new ones are 2 Fender FSR MIM HH Mahogany Strats, 1 Fender MIM HSS Strat, 1 PRS SE Custom 24, and 1 Yamaha acoustic-electric.

15 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Not yet, but I may at some point, Mr. Fuck.  One of them just went to my luthier today to swap the nut, pots, pickups, and put into Drop B.  The 5 new ones are 2 Fender FSR MIM HH Mahogany Strats, 1 Fender MIM HSS Strat, 1 PRS SE Custom 24, and 1 Yamaha acoustic-electric.

tenor.gif

You talking about all that up in here and how you might post pics?  That's some balls, my friend.  Welcome to the club.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Good price ($519) on the LE Player Strat/Tele in Lake Placid Blue right now.  Adorama seems to run this sale once every few months.

Fender Limited Edition Player Stratocaster
Fender Limited Edition Player Telecaster

Fender Player Stratocaster: Picture 1

fe0144571002.jpg

Welp, I wasn't necessarily planning to buy a guitar today, but I just did. That's, by far, the best price on a player tele I've seen in weeks of browsing and I love that color.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Welp, I wasn't necessarily planning to buy a guitar today, but I just did. That's, by far, the best price on a player tele I've seen in weeks of browsing and I love that color.

WOOOHOOOOO.  We're getting a new guitar!  

• Hook 'Em 1