The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

When my son was younger, we subscribed to Pley. It was like Netflix for legos. Monthly subscription priced according to the size of the builds. He could build a set, send it back and they would mail the next one in his toy wish list. Perhaps Bogeywon is on to something here and we do that but with guitars. Scratch an SG itch, send it back for a 335.

Of course, I just looked and Pley is out of business. May not be a sound business plan after all. 

1 hour ago, noharleyyet said:

Bravo!

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Good call. 

It just never felt right. A SG that is. They just don’t do it for me. It was nice to look at but fuck it go big or go home! It’s not a custom 335 but it’s awesome and I want one. 

Just now, Goredho said:

That’s going to be a great guitar.

Can’t wait! Doesn’t ship till august tho and the rep said end of 2021 :/ but it’s worth it. Probably could have got one from Sweetwater or guitar center from my guys but this is a smaller mom and pop shop. I want to help them out 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sober and want my 335 lol! Also my bass player bought all this at retail without calling me. My Sweetwater rep is gonna take money off but hasn’t given me price. Also I have a text into my GC rep and will also get the mom and pop stores price I got the 335 from. He’s a nurse that works with covid. I’m gonna work some magic for him. LETTTTTTTS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

0242F851-3061-478C-9728-375CC0363A7C.png

23432054-9E2B-453F-B801-8BF96594536E.png

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Sober and want my 335 lol! Also my bass player bought all this at retail without calling me. My Sweetwater rep is gonna take money off but hasn’t given me price. Also I have a text into my GC rep and will also get the mom and pop stores price I got the 335 from. He’s a nurse that works with covid. I’m gonna work some magic for him. LETTTTTTTS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

0242F851-3061-478C-9728-375CC0363A7C.png

23432054-9E2B-453F-B801-8BF96594536E.png

I love my Deluxe Jazz.  It has been the best gigging bass I've ever had because it's so damned versatile and it was very reasonably priced.  Also looks good and feels great.  All around great.

First full band gig since 11.23.19 was last night.  We got through one set before it started raining and we had to quick break down everything from the gooseneck trailer that was our stage.  We was robbed!  At least we got to hang around and swill free beer in the party tent.  At least they had that covered, so priorities.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Does that mean your 2 band mates worked things out, Chad, or did you just adapt?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We adapted. The instigator has gone a little crazy with his quest for righteousness, which has driven wedges not only in the band but in the community at large.

Our fourth does Carry the Load during the summer so he was at that. So for last night, our quintet became a power trio.

Hopefully we are back to a quartet soon, as we have a big 3rd of July gig. The extra voice (and better PA equipment) of Carry the Load guy matters.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I did. Gave me a boner i was so excited to make the call to tell the sales guy. Not because of the sales guy (not that there’s anything wrong with that) but because of the guitar 

Everyone knows I’m an LP guy. But, I always had a soft spot for the 335 because of Alvin Lee’s performance in the movie Woodstock. I don’t even like the song I’m going home, but he rips the shit out of it, making me a fan. The crunch, the growl, even the feedback that was problematic on those guitars, sounded absolutely righteous to my younger ears.

6 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

We adapted. The instigator has gone a little crazy with his quest for righteousness, which has driven wedges not only in the band but in the community at large.

Our fourth does Carry the Load during the summer so he was at that. So for last night, our quintet became a power trio.

Hopefully we are back to a quartet soon, as we have a big 3rd of July gig. The extra voice (and better PA equipment) of Carry the Load guy matters.

Y’all need to work in “The Weight”.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

51 NoCaster Wildwood 10"...59C neck, Journeyman Relic, Josefina handwounds, 6105 Narrow Tall Fret Wire...6.78lbs

51231805013_b8b1b62a1c_b.jpg

Now I know why people list the measurement and weight of a new born.  So Exciting!  Congrats on this beauty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Deej said:

And that is how a neck should look on a BSB Tele with a blackguard.

I've probably been damn near as excited as you waiting for that one to show up. 

Thanks for the shove Deej, just test drove thru the PRS with a little verb, plays great...hums and spanks like a Tele should. The 59C is thicker than my American Deluxe neck profile but not enough to feel clubby. 

Im'ma keep it...

Edited by noharleyyet
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just a few comments about Fender's solid rosewood necks. They feel flat out amazing. Very smooth and fast. However, expect it to have to deal with a bit of fret sprout initially. Once you address it, you shouldn't have to deal with it again, but most seem to have it in the beginning to some degree or another. 

How does one deal with fret sprout on an electric?

I mentioned before that my Breedlove (acoustic) had gotten a little bitey. I humidified it and the Georgia humidity hit a few days ago like a freight train, and no change. Should I get them filed?

11 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

NGD

51232403725_d3f549f1fd_b.jpg

Wildwood? 

Never mind, just saw the T-shirt in your pics.

Ridiculous that I my geographical knowledge is based on guitar shops: Louisville, CO; Ft. Wayne, IN.....

That is a sweet Tele!

Edited by topochico
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, topochico said:

Wildwood? 

Never mind, just saw the T-shirt in your pics.

Ridiculous that I my geographical knowledge is based on guitar shops: Louisville, CO; Ft. Wayne, IN.....

That is a sweet Tele!

Thanks Topo, I should add that Wildwood answered every question (and I had many), set it up just right, shipping was fast w/no kinks or damage. Closed the deal last Tuesday, shipped Thursday, arrived Monday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I bought a Taylor from Wildwood several years ago. I wanted a certain Fall Limited Edition and they were the only place I could find that had one, and they had too. While on the phone the guy played and described both for me. Finally I told him to send me the one he'd buy.

Good shop.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I bought a Taylor from Wildwood several years ago. I wanted a certain Fall Limited Edition and they were the only place I could find that had one, and they had too. While on the phone the guy played and described both for me. Finally I told him to send me the one he'd buy.

So, he sent you the other one and used his employee discount to buy the one you wanted him to send you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Wildwood is a great shop.  They go a long way to ensure their customers get superb instruments.  I used to hit their showroom up a lot before covid, and I never found a bad guitar in the shop.  Some that weren't for me, but no dogs.  Everything was set up well, intonation was spot on, etc... They have partnerships with both Fender and Gibson to deliver things exactly to their specs, they hand inspect and weed out guitars that don't meet their standards and ensure nothing leaves the store without a setup to the buyer's specs.  I bought my custom shop ES-335 from them and it was a great experience.

So +1 for Wildwood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lake Placid blue deals still on at Adorama. Almost an inkling there for me, but still not in the correct state of mind.

I wish I could be one of those guys that just plays like a monkeyfighter and only has three of four good guitars, instead of compensating for my lack of ability by trying to have all the guitars.