The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

I freakin' love satin finishes, whether it's the Godin I posted before, or this Les Paul Tribute Satin Iced Tea. I wish Fender would make a Telecaster with a satin finish. I'd be all over it.

I feel like I say this all the time, but what the hell . . . Warmoth.  You can have them do a satin finish Tele body.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

I freakin' love satin finishes, whether it's the Godin I posted before, or this Les Paul Tribute Satin Iced Tea. I wish Fender would make a Telecaster with a satin finish. I'd be all over it.

preview.jpg

Have you looked at the Highway One Telecasters? No longer made but you can still find them used. 

On 9/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, Superhero said:

preview.jpg

That's a beaut'.  Love my SG "Faded"

sgfaded.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

When I did my Vagicaster I intended to give it a gloss finish, but I kept failing at it and sanding down the drips and goofs. Eventually I started to like the satin more vintagy finish better and kept it like that.

vag2.jpg

The cheap pot metal block broke on it a few years ago and I never got it fixed. Need to find a short trem block of better quality that will upgrade someday.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

When I did my Vagicaster I intended to give it a gloss finish, but I kept failing at it and sanding down the drips and goofs. Eventually I started to like the satin more vintagy finish better and kept it like that.

vag2.jpg
The cheap pot metal block broke on it a few years ago and I never got it fixed. Need to find a short trem block of better quality that will upgrade someday.

I’ve missed that one.

2 hours ago, DougO said:

vag2.jpg

This is really cool looking

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DougO said:

Same here. Probably the best playing guitar I have, at least for me.

I want to change out the pickups.  The 490s in there sound good, but they don't balance out well when switching between them (neck pickup is a lot hotter and no adjustment seems to do much about that).

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

The guys at Sweetwater are really nice.  Hadn't bought anything from them before and just purchased knobs and pickup covers and got a call today and text thanking me and chatting me up. They will get more of my business in the future. 

Six months later:

"Why won't they stop calling?"

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Is that what I should expect? 

You'll probably find it helps to let them know to tone it down a bit. I no longer get calls all the time telling me they have something I might be interested in or asking if I am in need of anything. I still get all the calls and texts following up on a purchase to let me know it shipped, and the calls after delivery asking how it's working out. I get tons of those, but that's my fault for making too many purchases. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Is that what I should expect? 

Yes, you should fully expect your Sweetwater "sales engineer" to call you a few months after purchasing a $12 set of strings or a bag of Dunlop Tortex picks, gushing about how great they are and asking how they're working out for you 😆  But they are a great company, and they do care about the customer, even if the phone calls are forced.  Just wish they had a checkbox account preference where you can opt-out of the calls (without having to awkwardly tell the person directly).  I did find an option to opt-out of their sales catalog, which I did because it's a waste of paper for me.

Edited by OU Sucks

4 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Yes, you should fully expect your Sweetwater "sales engineer" to call you a few months after purchasing a $12 set of strings or a bag of Dunlop Tortex picks, gushing about how great they are and asking how they're working out for you 😆  But they are a great company, and they do care about the customer, even if the phone calls are forced.  Just wish they had a checkbox account preference where you can opt-out of the calls (without having to awkwardly tell the person directly).  I did find an option to opt-out of their sales catalog, which I did because it's a waste of paper for me.

It's not that awkward. I asked my sales rep to look at my purchase history, and told him I will keep that up, there's no need to call me. When I want something I want something and calls won't increase my purchasing. Calls stopped immediately.  

Metallica played a last minute show for a lucky 500 at one of my favorite SF venues last night. I only post it here because, from a video posted online, it looks like Kirk played Peter Green's Les Paul. Say what you will about Metallica, but I'm so glad Kirk is out rocking that thing for fans rather than it be sitting in some collectors closet somewhere.

And by this point should be calling Peter Green/Gary Moore's Les Paul, or just the Holy Grail?

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 10:37 PM, Foggy Notion said:

Have you looked at the Highway One Telecasters? No longer made but you can still find them used. 

Second this.

I had a 2007 Highway One blackguard.  Part of a special run where they just made 150.  Beautiful satin finish, CS nocaster pups, single-ply 5-hole pickguard, 9.5 radius on the neck, just a gem.

https://reverb.com/item/26886065-2007-fender-fsr-1-150-highway-one-telecaster-butterscotch-blonde-electric-guitar-w-case

Sold it for some reason.  Ragrets.