The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

15 minutes ago, DougO said:

What do y'all think of this one?
242589816_3017446275201974_1313782079503

That's the latest from a local friend of mine who makes guitars, pretty much "from scratch". He's gotten away from the old barnwood raunchy rough stuff he used to make. I like this direction a lot better.

https://www.facebook.com/ClintWalkerGuitars

I like the orange. But I don't know anything about it. 

9 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The names of these Gretsch models just keep getting more inscrutable, but this is interesting

https://www.instagram.com/p/CULgn7nseJE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't that the truth.  I never know what I'm looking at and their numbering system just pisses me off/confuses me.  But I dig the look of that baby.    That thing has been getting decent reviews.  My try to go find one to test drive this weekend.   

Edited by hullabelew

1 minute ago, AnotherUTFan said:
2 hours ago, Goredho said:
I never said I wouldn’t start working on a new themed collectionemoji12.png.  American Classics unplugged maybe?

You need a Gretsch to complete that American Classics collection IMO. I'd suggest a 6120 or White Falcon.

You have a point.

Anybody see this "Generation Collection" from Gibson? A 2nd sound hole in the side of thebguitar so you can "hear more of you".

I know guitar players are always resistant to change, and I hate being that guy, but I have never once thought that I needed to hear more of me. In fact, im always working on playing sober and quieter. Wonder what kind of research went into coming up with this "solution"?

https://www.gibson.com/generation?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=Facebook_Mobile_Feed&utm_campaign=%28.PROS%29+%28GEO%3AUS%2FCA%29+%28BID%3ACOST-CAP%29+%28OBJ%3ACAT-TRANS%29+%28Generation+Acoustic%29-%28GEO%3AUS%29+%28AT%3ASimiarA%29+%28AU%3AInterests%29-23849300586750453-23849325903960453&utm_content=23849353415200453-%28AD%3AImage%29+%28D%3A%29+%28CR%3AGC-Family_Google_1200x1200%29&fbclid=IwAR1qoX4GoSieuzcqgC5EdJnojQNQOOkIREpmCAUYWRmxX8aiBh_YVGnQ5pwKu9jd4hgFLznkqtPcAaY4a.jpg

5 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:
2 hours ago, Goredho said:
I never said I wouldn’t start working on a new themed collectionemoji12.png.  American Classics unplugged maybe?

You need a Gretsch to complete that American Classics collection IMO. I'd suggest a 6120 or White Falcon.

inauguration-joker.gif

You have a point.
They always have re-issue of 57 Duo Jets because that's what George Harrison played on all the early Beatles stuff, there are mutiple variations of '59 6120's because that is the Holy Grail year like for Les Pauls, a White Falcon is basically a super hot rodded 6120 - so I think 59 is the target year there too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think you need an Esquire. 1950 was the year the first mass produced electric guitar was released and it was an Esquire. You probably should get a 50's LP Jr., too. (You need a P-90.)

I think those two definitely fall into the American Classics category, and there is something special about single pickup guitars. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Anybody see this "Generation Collection" from Gibson? A 2nd sound hole in the side of thebguitar so you can "hear more of you".

I know guitar players are always resistant to change, and I hate being that guy, but I have never once thought that I needed to hear more of me. In fact, im always working on playing sober and quieter. Wonder what kind of research went into coming up with this "solution"?

https://www.gibson.com/generation?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=Facebook_Mobile_Feed&utm_campaign=%28.PROS%29+%28GEO%3AUS%2FCA%29+%28BID%3ACOST-CAP%29+%28OBJ%3ACAT-TRANS%29+%28Generation+Acoustic%29-%28GEO%3AUS%29+%28AT%3ASimiarA%29+%28AU%3AInterests%29-23849300586750453-23849325903960453&utm_content=23849353415200453-%28AD%3AImage%29+%28D%3A%29+%28CR%3AGC-Family_Google_1200x1200%29&fbclid=IwAR1qoX4GoSieuzcqgC5EdJnojQNQOOkIREpmCAUYWRmxX8aiBh_YVGnQ5pwKu9jd4hgFLznkqtPcAaY4a.jpg

Actually, I have often wondered why there aren't acoustics with a top sound hole where you can hear yourself. It always frustrates me that you can't actually hear what you sound like with an acoustic. You can play a lot of money to get great tone from a crafted guitar, but only the people in front of you can really hear that tone.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, DougO said:

Actually, I have often wondered why there aren't acoustics with a top sound hole where you can hear yourself. It always frustrates me that you can't actually hear what you sound like with an acoustic. You can play a lot of money to get great tone from a crafted guitar, but only the people in front of you can really hear that tone.

You get through life without actually hearing what you sound like when you talk. 

From my brother regarding his Gibson Murphy Labs saga:

So just got off the phone with Gibson.  My guitar was received by them on August 25th.  Per Gibson, they have had an influx of Murphy  Lab Les Pauls and other Murphy  lab guitars that were made during this certain window of time.  All have same issue with peeling, chipping of the paint/finish.  They are trying to now source the guitars and handle the warranty’s with everyone wanting them replaced.  

I cringe everytime I have to call Gibson customer service for an update.  It’s like talking to the wall.  They don’t talk, and never have any info.  Oh well, I’ll keep waiting.  But I’m sure I’m selling guitar and look for one I want.  You don’t get to pick what they send you.

Then again the extra hole may mess up the tone from the hole you want other people to hear. Can't really say. When I test out an acoustic guitar I usually play up near a wall where you get some of the frontal tone reflected back. Or even better, get a much more accomplished player to play it for you. Nobody really wants to hear me play anyway.

Gretsch be like:

We proudly release the new Billy Gibbons-Brian Setzer Signature BG-GS9460264-A Duo-Flying Jetstreamer with custom Flip-Tron-O-Magic-Matic Bridge and Vibro-Slam Bigsby WANG-Doodle Bar complete with hand-wound Fred “the enchilada man” Davis pickups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

He used to have a spot in his show, usually before ghost riders. Where he took the time to call out any guitarist who used light strings……said they was all pussy’s.

That’s great. I’m not gonna go so far as to call bb King and billy gibbons pussies, but I have read all the stories about light gauge strings. And fuck that. 10s on my Les Paul and 11s on my strat. With hugs frets. It just sounds better. /end rant.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

Here's an interesting guitar I saw last night. A Telecaster cutout in the shape of a Les Paul. Surprized I'd never seen that before, but I'd pass.

20210925_222934.jpg

I saw a reverb ad for a similar guitar with the tele neck pickup, but this is a cool version of that idea

https://reverb.com/item/11637771-littlefield-custom-lesquire-esquire-les-paul-jr-telecaster-2018-faded-fiesta-red

image.png.9238bed809a13d11d2e183dfca2e5f5c.png

hell yeah coachtex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I saw a reverb ad for a similar guitar with the tele neck pickup, but this is a cool version of that idea

https://reverb.com/item/11637771-littlefield-custom-lesquire-esquire-les-paul-jr-telecaster-2018-faded-fiesta-red

image.png.9238bed809a13d11d2e183dfca2e5f5c.png

hell yeah coachtex

To me, this is one of those “yeah you can do it, but why would you want to” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Definitely a me thing. When I’m not flailing aggressively and possibly knocking the selector toggle I have my palm right up on the bridge and my pinkie anchored right where the volume knob is. On a strat I have to play a little farther up.

This is from when I bought one of those cheap Tribute ASAT’s from mf stupid deal of the day. You can see the flail and the anchor. I actually want to replace the bridge assembly on my real telecaster with one like this (not flat). Love anchoring my pinky against it

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2