The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Bought this on Reverb tonight. Been looking for a new gigging guitar that can handle some abuse. Going to put an LR Baggs anthem in it. New these are $14-1500. Listed as factory blemish. Got for $977 from Straight in Austin. I dig the look of these in black.

5e4a7728909567fb589508541203d0cc.png

Fuck yeah NGD. I’ll be curious what you think of it. When I bought my 414CE I tried out the lower models but they didn’t sound as nice to me. But with the LR Baggs it might not matter.

I want a Les Paul type guitar (again).

I bought and sold an Edwards Les Paul 2 years ago. I thought it was muddy and didn’t care for the neck. I guess after 25 years with a Tele, everything just sounded… different. But I do love that LP sound.

For Christmas, I’m thinking of getting another Edwards E-LPS or used Tokai Love Rock. Or be a brand whore and get a Gibson (classic)?

On 11/14/2021 at 11:05 PM, tbone_ said:

Bought this on Reverb tonight. Been looking for a new gigging guitar that can handle some abuse. Going to put an LR Baggs anthem in it. New these are $14-1500. Listed as factory blemish. Got for $977 from Straight in Austin. I dig the look of these in black.

5e4a7728909567fb589508541203d0cc.png

It'll sound great thru your stuff...Anthem?

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I'm thinking it has a lot to do with whoever is shelling out the money for the guitar.   

BTW, is that Jimmy Page with the Ovation?  

Yes. Back in his mid-80's bloated phase. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Superhero said:

I want a Les Paul type guitar (again).

I bought and sold an Edwards Les Paul 2 years ago. I thought it was muddy and didn’t care for the neck. I guess after 25 years with a Tele, everything just sounded… different. But I do love that LP sound.

For Christmas, I’m thinking of getting another Edwards E-LPS or used Tokai Love Rock. Or be a brand whore and get a Gibson (classic)?

I can recommend it because its what I have.  2014 Les Paul Traditional.  It has the 59 Tribute pickups.  The only year for these.  They sound superb and not at all muddy.  It's just a fantastic guitar.  Mine is 10+ pounds, but doesn't feel it.  I can play that thing all night long.  I have no idea how stupid the used prices are on these, but they're probably not any worse than other years. 

Edited by dcbc

4 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

That's so bad it's great!

The thought occurred to me that you could just drill armholes thru the base of each of those suckers, poke everyone's arms through, and go to town.

I think it's time for a new guitar design!

I sent it to a friend and he said, "Who would even make that?  You can't even play it without some guy having his dick in your face."

Every time I see AUTF posted, I have visions of Surlycasters.
I said I'd make a decision by the end of October and havent. Im inclined to do it, but I can't yet commit the time to it next year; I'm thinking I will be eitherbe beginning a job search or taking some time off to go travel. I dont want to be in a position where I want to take off, but I'm still waiting for Warmoth to send me a bunch of shit to assemble.

Also, if I do commit I have 2 competing visions for it now - ill get a concensus from everybody interested on which to build. The Don Rich inspired double bound classic vs no binding and a pair of TV Jones Classic Filtertrons.

There's your update.