The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Again, my Epi 339 P90 Pro is one of the best sounding P90 guitars I've played. Got mine for less than $300. 

I saw two of those in a pawn shop, but they were priced about like a new one. I'll probably end up getting one eventually.

Edited by DougO

I'm still on the fence about hanging glued guitars. I keep the music room under 78 throughout the summer, and all my research suggests that should be fine for maintaining joint integrity, but I can't shake the feeling that 8+lbs of wood, not to mention string tension, over time is just bad news.  But what the hell else am I supposed to do, put it on a floor stand like an animal?

• Like 1

I'm still on the fence about hanging glued guitars. I keep the music room under 78 throughout the summer, and all my research suggests that should be fine for maintaining joint integrity, but I can't shake the feeling that 8+lbs of wood, not to mention string tension, over time is just bad news.  But what the hell else am I supposed to do, put it on a floor stand like an animal?

Keeping them in the cases is a pain in the ass too.

Idk. I’ve had a les Paul hanging up for at least 10 years with no issues that I can tell.

2 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

If if sounds like I think it does it should'a been tagged StratoCrunch....

I remember playing one waaaay back in the day when I was putting together my Jazzocaster.  I have no recollection of what it sounded like.  But I hadn't been bitten by the P-90 bug at the time, so it just struck me as "Why would Fender want to copy Gibson, and why wouldn't someone who wanted a Gibson just buy a Gibson?"  But maybe it was an idea ahead of its' time, considering all the Fender/Gibson hybrids like Fano, etc. out there.