The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

15 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

1) Buy the fucking building

2) Warn the neighbors in advance with a hard end time

3) ????

4) Profit

Seriously, after my divorce I couldn't afford to buy in San Francisco so I've been renting an apartment. When the building my friend owns a bar in went up for sale we decided to partner up and buy it. I got a 2 BR apartment on Mission Street in San Francisco out of it, and she now controls her own rent for eternity. We celebrated with a party for the neighborhood before I moved in.

I'd loaned my friend the Telecaster for his bands Halloween Burrito Brothers tribute set. I missed that show so I asked if they'd play it again at my party and they agreed. I had a fucking full band complete with fiddle and pedal steel in my fucking bedroom! They opened because they had a paying gig to get to after, but they were incredible for a Grampire like myself.

[/url]  

d77388762c2bbed617ee8672dce92a21.jpg

You look like you're living your best life, my friend.

That band was fun.  Any idea what the pedal steel fella was playing through?

Also Surly guitar mavens:  Looking for a black P-bass with a rosewood neck, with active electronics, preferably used.  

27 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

That band was fun.  Any idea what the pedal steel fella was playing through?

Deluxe Reverb.

A little side note of interest to Foggy Notion here. I had set up my Vibrolux Reverb and Deluxe Reverb for them to use, they added a 2nd DR for the Pedal Steel. Foggy got my '68DR off of Austin Craigslist a few years ago. He got it to me here in SF via my friend Jacob who's band at the time was on tour with a stop in Austin. Foggy met him somewhere, dropped off the amp, and I got it a few weeks later when they made it back to SF. That would be the same guy seen playing my Telecaster through it in the video's. So kinda full circle with that one.

Also, the pedal steel player. I don't know him but was chatting with him as he set it up. Nice guy. He said he just bought it like a year ago and is just figuring out how to play it. He said he was about to start taking lessons to learn to play it properly. Not too shabby sounding for a guy just figuring it out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Deluxe Reverb.

A little side note of interest to Foggy Notion here. I had set up my Vibrolux Reverb and Deluxe Reverb for them to use, they added a 2nd DR for the Pedal Steel. Foggy got my '68DR off of Austin Craigslist a few years ago. He got it to me here in SF via my friend Jacob who's band at the time was on tour with a stop in Austin. Foggy met him somewhere, dropped off the amp, and I got it a few weeks later when they made it back to SF. That would be the same guy seen playing my Telecaster through it in the video's. So kinda full circle with that one.

Also, the pedal steel player. I don't know him but was chatting with him as he set it up. Nice guy. He said he just bought it like a year ago and is just figuring out how to play it. He said he was about to start taking lessons to learn to play it properly. Not too shabby sounding for a guy just figuring it out.

No, not shabby at all.  

• Like 1

And Loco I’m so excited about your daughter’s guitar. We’re all like “Get a Strat...get a Strat...get a Strat...” (which is still good advice) and then she’s all “Fuck y’all I wanna rock!” Such a cool first (or tenth) guitar.

If I was having a better quarter I’d make you a deal on my Katana so I could get the new version. Can’t do it right now though.

• Haha 1

This popped up in my Reverb feed today.  Pretty hot:

wv4uo5vnni0uxs55suud.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/29789068-2013-gibson-1959-custom-shop-les-paul-iced-tea-gibbons-pearly-gates-look

As did this.  I hate when people take original equipment and do a terrible job aging it.  Not a bad concept, but poorly executed. 

rg8rryxs9fvrfzogmynq.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/29832824-fender-jazzmaster-1959-white-relic-mjt

44 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Also: a reminder that John Pearse acoustic strings are fabulous. They make my Breedlove sing. Not kind to the fingertips but man they sound good.

I certainly haven't tried anything as good.  You'd think some company would be able to knock them off, but not that I've found.

58 minutes ago, Goredho said:

$500 (over half) off for you dead heads.  Surely one of you must not have landed on the naughty list.

DCPMGDRWB-large.jpg

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DCPMGDRWB--dangelico-premier-grateful-dead-dc-open-box-red-white-and-blue

That seems like some unnecessary vandalism of an otherwise nice looking flame top.

• Like 1

That Epi SG at the pawn shop has been trying to drag me in. It's getable for about $125. I'll probably end up buying it in a few weeks if somebody else doesn't get it first. It has some paint rubbed off the back edges of the body, but otherwise good shape. Seems perfect for the next guitar design project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

That Epi SG at the pawn shop has been trying to drag me in. It's getable for about $125. I'll probably end up buying it in a few weeks if somebody else doesn't get it first. It has some paint rubbed off the back edges of the body, but otherwise good shape. Seems perfect for the next guitar design project.

This seems promising.  Why wait?

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

This seems promising.  Why wait?

I'm kinda hoping somebody else will buy it so I don't have to add it to my stack of guitars not currently being played. I have a few cheap strat types stashed for design projects that I haven't gotten around to doing. Yet the sg presents a different kind of template. i also have another Epi sg in the stash, but it's a pretty nice looking faded style, so I hate to mess with it. i'll probably give it until the end of  college football regular season.

29 minutes ago, DougO said:

I'm kinda hoping somebody else will buy it so I don't have to add it to my stack of guitars not currently being played. I have a few cheap strat types stashed for design projects that I haven't gotten around to doing. Yet the sg presents a different kind of template. i also have another Epi sg in the stash, but it's a pretty nice looking faded style, so I hate to mess with it. i'll probably give it until the end of  college football regular season.

As a UT fan, the college football season is already over. Go ahead and buy it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DougO said:

Dude.  In case you missed it, this is EXACTLY what we do around here.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DougO said:

When you buy it, you should refinish it half red/half blue with a white lightning bolt down the middle. 

• Like 3

So I think I'm finished with the daughter's setup.

Epiphone G-400 Pro Limited Ed Pelham Blue  (setup being done today...)

Boss Katana MkII 

Schaller S Locks

Proline Guitar Stand

Boss 15' Cable

And the cheesiest guitar strap known to man

pz91gyffamoxenfxg5mp.jpg

All in I am just shy of $800

Only thing left (I think) is a case, but for right now, I'm not expecting the guitar to leave the house.

Edited by Loco
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Loco said:

Boss Katana MkII 

Schaller S Locks

Proline Guitar Stand

Boss 15' Cable

pz91gyffamoxenfxg5mp.jpg

Only thing left (I think) is a case, but for right now, I'm not expecting the guitar to leave the house.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF8ZCA353Spq2x6oPoF9w

When the time comes, just get the cheapest soft case you can.  No reason to go nuts on a fancy flight case.

Edited by Chad Fuck

1 hour ago, Loco said:

Boss Katana MkII 

Schaller S Locks

Proline Guitar Stand

Boss 15' Cable

pz91gyffamoxenfxg5mp.jpg

You did good..I'd've been a three chord guitar god at her age with that set up. 

Boss Katana MkII 
Schaller S Locks
Proline Guitar Stand
Boss 15' Cable
pz91gyffamoxenfxg5mp.jpg

That’s a great rig that should last her a long time. Nicely done.

The Katana can be a little overwhelming but there are a crapload of resources online.

5 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Bryan may only be three chord guy, but listen to his lead guitarists work on this tune. Just fantastic.

I never liked Bryan Adams, but a friend in college was a huge guitar nerd.  He showed me a few videos of Bryan Adams in concert were Adams was playing cords while his lead guitar guy was hidden on the corner stage and immediately after the shredding solo Adams would peacock like he was the soloist and the crowd would go wild.   Ah....  fuck that guy.t

then he went on to play some Racer X ...  not my cup of tea, but damned!

Edited by Loco