The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Adorama has a couple of great deals out now. The Gretch I bought a couple of months ago is back on, naturally, $50 cheaper than I paid.

Gretsch G5622T Electromatic Double Cutaway Electric Guitar w/ Bigsby Tailpiece

$499
$899.99
+ Free Shipping
+21 Deal Score
3,872 Views 10 Comments
Adorama.com has Gretsch G5622T Electromatic Double Cutaway Electric Guitar with Bigsby Tailpiece (various colors) for $499. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Available Colors:

And Fender Stratocaster American Performer in Lake Placid blue (description says rosewood neck, pic shows maple) for $749.

Fender Limited Edition American Performer Stratocaster Electric Guitar w/ Bag

$749
+ Free Shipping
+17 Deal Score
3,053 Views 30 Comments
Adorama.com has Fender Limited Edition American Performer Stratocaster Electric Guitar w/ Bag for $1499 - $750 w/ coupon code BFRIDAY19 = $749. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Note, apply the promo coupon code under the payment section.

12 hours ago, DougO said:

Adorama has a couple of great deals out now. The Gretch I bought a couple of months ago is back on, naturally, $50 cheaper than I paid.

Gretsch G5622T Electromatic Double Cutaway Electric Guitar w/ Bigsby Tailpiece

$499
$899.99
+ Free Shipping
+21 Deal Score
3,872 Views 10 Comments
Adorama.com has Gretsch G5622T Electromatic Double Cutaway Electric Guitar with Bigsby Tailpiece (various colors) for $499. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Available Colors:

And Fender Stratocaster American Performer in Lake Placid blue (description says rosewood neck, pic shows maple) for $749.

Fender Limited Edition American Performer Stratocaster Electric Guitar w/ Bag

$749
+ Free Shipping
+17 Deal Score
3,053 Views 30 Comments
Adorama.com has Fender Limited Edition American Performer Stratocaster Electric Guitar w/ Bag for $1499 - $750 w/ coupon code BFRIDAY19 = $749. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Note, apply the promo coupon code under the payment section.

I forgot to tell you.  That slickdeals rebate $100 visa came in.  Thanks for the link!

• Like 1

"Congratulations! As a valued cardholder, we are pleased to present you with a credit limit increase. Your new credit limit is $xxxxx.
It's automatic and your account is already updated. Now is the perfect time to enjoy your credit limit and make those special purchases."

Damn you, Sweetwater.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had a dream last night that I had somehow totally forgotten to add the dual-humbucker Telecaster Deluxe to my list of guitars in my inventory. I woke up thinking, "where the hell did I put that guitar, anyway?" Then I realized I have never owned one.

I guess that constitutes a nightmare by guitar pron standards.

11 minutes ago, DougO said:

I had a dream last night that I had somehow totally forgotten to add the dual-humbucker Telecaster Deluxe to my list of guitars in my inventory. I woke up thinking, "where the hell did I put that guitar, anyway?" Then I realized I have never owned one.

Its a prophecy, ignore it at your peril!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DougO said:

Here you go. The serial number is US18082870, for your inventory documentation

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleAPDR3SB--fender-american-professional-deluxe-shawbucker-telecaster-3-color-sunburst-with-rosewood-fingerboard

Edited by topochico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

We really should organize a Surly Guitar Mafia Singapore trip. We can stop on the way there to jam at AUTF's bar top lounge.

The Surly Guitar Mafia Jam: 35 dudes with guitars, half playing “Smoke on the Water” while the other half are playing the intro to “Stairway to Heaven” — all poorly.  A disinterested well-past-her-prime stripper in the corner counts ignored quarter notes with a pair of maracas.

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 3

The Surly Guitar Mafia Jam: 35 dudes with guitars, half playing “Smoke on the Water” while the other half are playing the intro to “Stairway to Heaven” — all poorly.  A disinterested well-past-her-prime stripper in the corner counts ignored quarter notes with a pair of maracas.

In. Where’s the sign up sheet?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

All 3 2019 Les Paul Standard finishes are available as price-cut demos at Sweetwater.  New $2500.  Demo listed at $2250.  They will probably let them go for around $1700-$1750.  I’m having a hard time resisting quenching my thirst with the Iced Tea.

Bourbon burst

Iced Tea

Unburst

....you're not wrong.

• Like 1

What’s the bass players set up?
Good looking drum kit -- what are they?
The band we opened for offered their backline and our bass player took them up on it and played through their bass players solid state Mesa Rig. Our drummer brought his good Gretsch kit, pictured. I played my Gretsch Billy Bo through my Marshall and the Super Reverb. I was a little loud, but not too much. We need to dial in our levels.

We open for them again Thursday. I will take them up on the use of the 4x12 cab and leave the Super behind.

Decent show at one of my favorite smaller SF venues. I was really excited to play that stage, I've seen a hundred shows there. They said they loved our stuff and will book us back in the new year, but asked that we dont book them so close to another local show again.

On the side, I dont get too nervous about playing, but after the 1st song I saw a local guitar hero was in attendance. That made me nervous for a moment. Super nice guy though and he had nice things to say afterward, starting with, "I didnt even know you played guitar."
  • Like 1

Anyone with experience playing both have thoughts on tone differences between a Gibson ES-339 vs ES-335?  The sales pitch is that the ES-339 is a smaller (I.e. Les Paul-sized) 335 with similar semi-hollow tone.  I’ll play and compare both for myself, but just curious if others here have a meaningful opinion.  The 339 is significantly less dinero new and seems to hold its value a little less.

ES-339

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-297919cc21b9165

335 v 339 size comparison

4027f46c7bd7829ae4769c48d088be41.jpg

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

My 339 is much more comfortable than my 335. I would say go play both, and see what talks to you. I know a guy selling his Gibson 339. I could probably get you the friend's discount.

Yeah, will ultimately need to just go play and compare.  Thanks for the offer, will let you know if I decide to get serious on the 339.