The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Our band was talking about doing this.  Playing a show with "X"s on the floor six feet apart.  

2 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:
4 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:
Our band was talking about doing this.  Playing a show with "X"s on the floor six feet apart.  

1 wanted to get my band to play for the street with every member in a different room / window of my apartment but one member wants nothing to with it unless we can be on the roof. I have no way of getting the gear to the roof.

Maybe just build Spinal Tap pods for the whole band and the audience, too.

This+Is+Spinal+Tap+3.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

In better news, this showed up!

I wish it had come in a molded type case like my 000-28, but no complaints here. Sounds like a Martin outta sound. b4833f7cd86c43a4c43fe92d723bd6da.jpg1f872585fc8328cfc5d2a6d3f5f69b35.jpg2b92db6d5e993d2a8a31a325dfb43587.jpg

Gorgeous! Shots of the back when you have time please.

Edited by topochico

Good news and bad news and medium news.  I got my bonus for 2019.  That wasn't a given since I work in aviation and we're facing layoffs, but I guess that ball was already rolling.  I don't think I'll be laid off this round but I also don't know what the fuck is going to happen at the company broadly over the next few months, so I'm puckering my butthole.  Also I'm pissed I didn't turn off my autocontribution to my 401k so the chunk of change is about half after that and taxes (hopefully at least I'm getting a value on that contribution).  At any rate, not buying another guitar but I did drop off my Duo Jet with the guy from Straight Fret (in a very socially distant manner) along with my D-41.  Both of them are in quarantine and he's going to fix my Duo Jet which has been FUCKED since warped tour in 2013, which is really embarrassing to admit.  The binding on the D-41 was lifting in the waist.

So, hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some really grody before pictures and happier after pictures.

• Like 1

In better news, this showed up!

I wish it had come in a molded type case like my 000-28, but no complaints here. Sounds like a Martin outta sound. b4833f7cd86c43a4c43fe92d723bd6da.jpg1f872585fc8328cfc5d2a6d3f5f69b35.jpg2b92db6d5e993d2a8a31a325dfb43587.jpg

I should get a D-18. And/or a J-45 with mahogany back/sides. All my fancy acoustics are rosewood except for the OOO15M which is my favorite..
  • Like 1

Good news and bad news and medium news.  I got my bonus for 2019.  That wasn't a given since I work in aviation and we're facing layoffs, but I guess that ball was already rolling.  I don't think I'll be laid off this round but I also don't know what the fuck is going to happen at the company broadly over the next few months, so I'm puckering my butthole.  Also I'm pissed I didn't turn off my autocontribution to my 401k so the chunk of change is about half after that and taxes (hopefully at least I'm getting a value on that contribution).  At any rate, not buying another guitar but I did drop off my Duo Jet with the guy from Straight Fret (in a very socially distant manner) along with my D-41.  Both of them are in quarantine and he's going to fix my Duo Jet which has been FUCKED since warped tour in 2013, which is really embarrassing to admit.  The binding on the D-41 was lifting in the waist.
So, hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some really grody before pictures and happier after pictures.

Stopped reading at “not buying a guitar”.

You’ll be glad for that big 401K contribution later in the year when you max out and your paycheck gets bigger, and when you’re closer to retirement. Now is a good time to be dumping money in.

But still: guitars.

Looking forward to it.

Tell me more about the aviation angle.

43 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Looking forward to it.

Tell me more about the aviation angle.

i work for an OEM on a software analytics platform for foqa, predictive mx, and things of that nature.  If I'm..... remembering what I've pieced together correctly about what you do y'all are customers (both broadly and specifically).  Hope y'all are hanging in ok ❤️  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i work for an OEM on a software analytics platform for foqa, predictive mx, and things of that nature.  If I'm..... remembering what I've pieced together correctly about what you do y'all are customers (both broadly and specifically).  Hope y'all are hanging in ok ❤️  

Not me, but more than likely people I know.

In other Corona related news, I just arrived in NYC to help out a bit. If I’m not working, I’m stuck in the hotel, so I took the bass and a Vox headphone amp. Not the most exciting rig rundown, but will hopefully keep me sane. If I don’t make it, I’m gonna need one of you to run by the house and thin the guitar herd. My wife is gonna be pissed if she sees how many there actually are. da467e06c0694c6011ab8c7b2366828f.jpg

Sure, no problem. Pics?

I forgot that this is the Surl and that there are rules. I'm now in NYC so no pics of the guitars or the wife at this point. 

I don’t know what disappoints me more, that you thought I was talking about your wife or that you don’t have pics of either - guitar or wife - on the phone. Tsk tsk.
  • Haha 1

AUTF, that looks beautiful.  Congrats.

Wanted to ask you guys something -- I got contacted by someone on Reverb who wants to buy a pedal but wants to know if he can pay me some way other than PayPal.  Would you say "yes" to that?  Or do you think that exposes me to a bigger risk of fraud?  Like, somehow voiding or canceling payment once shipped?  

I mean, I doubt it saves either of us more than $10 or $15, so I'm not sure it's worth pursuing.

11 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Wanted to ask you guys something -- I got contacted by someone on Reverb who wants to buy a pedal but wants to know if he can pay me some way other than PayPal.  Would you say "yes" to that?  Or do you think that exposes me to a bigger risk of fraud?  Like, somehow voiding or canceling payment once shipped?  

I mean, I doubt it saves either of us more than $10 or $15, so I'm not sure it's worth pursuing.

I’d go PayPal. 

You don’t know him. Why risk it?

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Been spending time with that 339 through the Supro Blues King. Maybe I should sell the Les Paul and buy this thing. Something about that semi-hollow tone. 

40 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Agree. When you get it dialed in it’s phenomenal.

How is the tone of the 339 w/P90s going to vary from the Epiphone Dot's hum buckers? 

Thanks.

Just now, Napoleon said:

How is the tone of the 339 w/P90s going to vary from the Epiphone Dot's hum buckers? 

Thanks.

The Gibson 339 has humbuckers. My Epi 339 has P90's. The P90 Pros in the Epi were a revelation..

• Like 1

Just now, Deej said:

The Gibson 339 has humbuckers. My Epi 339 has P90's. The P90 Pros in the Epi were a revelation..

I just scrolled back and saw that guitar and the hum buckers. 

2 questions:

1) [Deleted question regarding differences due to reading Sweetwater's link.] 
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ES3900CHNH--gibson-es-339-cherry

2) What would be the difference between putting P90 Pros in a 335 Dot  vs Gibson's '57H/'57H+?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Suggest he send you cash.  There's your alternative to PayPal.

• Like 1

I have about 1700 dollars for a new guitar when this is all over... gotta be smart with money right now just in case I get laid off but I was looking at rickenbackers and the 335 a user posted (I think it was a 335). I’m torn on the Gibson because I like the cherry on that guitar. But anyway what says surly 

31 minutes ago, topochico said:

So, flattening the curve is working in NYC.  My role is no longer needed. I helped  get some protocols for one field hospital set up, the other location  is not gonna happen. Over staffed. They are sending me home after 3 days rather than the month I was supposed to be here. Good news is that they will pay me for 2 weeks of home quarantine. Now I have a little extra cash and a lot of free time to work on that sparkle bass build.....

Good deal.  My buddy that was sent to Albany GA with the Air Force only had to do 4 days.  He said it's a huge clusterfuck, but they had enough medical personnel to handle it.  Called it a "salvage job".

• Like 1