The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Okay, instead of fucking Washburn Wednesday, how about some guitar pr0n from artists with W as an initial?

Here is a damn sexy 1949 Gibson ES-5 owned by T-Bone Walker that is in great condition for its age.

t-bone-walker-gibson-1949-es-5-style-shot-pictured-against-fender-amp@1400x1050-696x523.jpg  

More about the guitar (and more pics) are here:

https://guitar.com/features/t-bone-walker-1949-gibson-es-5/

My dad played with T-Bone. Kind of neat to think my dad may have been on stage with this guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 8

One interesting thing about the duo jet, that I guess has been confirmed over the past few days, is that acoustically it is really chimy. Whenever I bought the guitar and was playing it with my old band (and writing guitar parts) I was getting really obsessed with the open string sounds. Lots of parts where I was fretting a few string and letting others ring, or alternating between moving notes on one string and ringing the bells of the other  open strings. I like to think that the trapeze tailpiece has something to do with it, but probably it’s the extensive “chambering”.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjt192UXVPBrM_03hqb6m

anyways, I’ve been set up on the futon in the game room with a guitar next to me for my workdays.  I’ll noodle on my Tele or strat or whatever. With the duo jet back from the dead, I do that and as soon as I start I can hear the office door across the house shut (as my wife finds it distracting).

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

bad news, the shop that sold me that Vintera Tele now says they didn't actually have one in stock, so no new addition this week

Chicago Music Exchange did that to me on a pedal (modded Soul Food).  Two months later, it was still showing on their site.   When I asked them about, they were complete dicks..  Fuck those guys.  

45 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Chicago Music Exchange did that to me on a pedal (modded Soul Food).  Two months later, it was still showing on their site.   When I asked them about, they were complete dicks..  Fuck those guys.  

Trying to be magnanimous about it. They said their software inventory system mistakenly told them they had one. I'm really disappointed more than irritated, but there's some irritation too, because I had to ping them to find out. Not sure when they were planning on saying "oops! That great deal we sold you was just make-believe!"

I haven't left seller feedback yet. I don't know how much of a jerk I want to be about it.

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

bad news, the shop that sold me that Vintera Tele now says they didn't actually have one in stock, so no new addition this week

This seems like the wrong attitude.  If you wanted a new guitar this week, I'm pretty sure you could get a new guitar this week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Trying to be magnanimous about it. They said their software inventory system mistakenly told them they had one. I'm really disappointed more than irritated, but there's some irritation too, because I had to ping them to find out. Not sure when they were planning on saying "oops! That great deal we sold you was just make-believe!"

I haven't left seller feedback yet. I don't know how much of a jerk I want to be about it.

You don’t have to be mean. Just state the facts. People like me really want to hear your experience, good or bad before we buy.

@Buzzrock  Is your GT guitar a First Act?  I won a "Miller Lite" First Act years ago in a fixed raffle at a bar but I gave it away to a buddy for his retirement.  And when I say fixed, they drew tickets until someone they liked actually won.    

One time, this same guy fixed a radio contest in a much more complex way that involved a couple of radio stations and a large beer distributor.  The prize was a 4 day weekend to Daytona.  The guy who was supposed to win was a HUGE fan of "The NASCAR" but was about to have to go to the Fed pen due to a misunderstanding with the destination of a significant amount of white powder.   My buddy figured it would be a perfect send off before heading to Yazoo City for a stint in the pen. The fix worked and the dude won.  My buddy called to let him know.   The winner said, "Thanks, but I can't take the tickets.  I'm awaiting my sentencing and I can't leave the state".  My buddy had called in about 10 favors to pull this off and it was all for nothing.