The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

8 hours ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, but cherry is the iconic 335 look.  Say ES-335 and you probably think of Chuck Berry, Alvin Lee or Marty McFly (lol) with a cherry red one.  I can see someone wanting that guitar.

I can’t disagree with a single thing. I can only add the most important guy, Mr 335 himself….Larry Carlton….he plays a maple top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Made for a very short time in 1951 between the names Broadcaster and Telecaster (while the lawsuit with Gretch was ongoing). They basically just had no model name. Broadcasters are extremely rare too, of course.

I’ve seen lots of no Casters at guitar shows etc. I can’t recall ever having seen a Broadcaster in person. Random thought.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I want this for you.

20 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Schwing....!

30 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I have had no less than three friends separately encourage me to get in on the bidding for these.  But who wants anything but the Capitol and/or the UT Tower?  And you're going to pay a king's ransom for those. 

Anyhow, this one has me thinking.  

kf2x0v1rzabiqeyxu5pz.jpg

andy samberg snl GIF

10 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

That top is gorgeous. 

Did the seller put the original pickups back in? He says all electronics are stock, but then also comments that the burn on the back came from a careless moment with the soldering iron while swapping pickups....

Also, I have had some careless moments with a bass that picked up a ding, but never an oops I just burned my R9 moment. That must have been a bad day.

Edited by topochico

11 hours ago, topochico said:

That top is gorgeous. 

Did the seller put the original pickups back in? He says all electronics are stock, but then also comments that the burn on the back came from a careless moment with the soldering iron while swapping pickups....

Also, I have had some careless moments with a bass that picked up a ding, but never an oops I just burned my R9 moment. That must have been a bad day.

That oops moment would make me wonder just how good a job he did with the electronics on that thing. Wouldn't think twice on a cheap guitar, but paying that much...

That oops moment would make me wonder just how good a job he did with the electronics on that thing. Wouldn't think twice on a cheap guitar, but paying that much...

There are three offers on it. My bet is they all took this into consideration. I think with all that it should be worth $4k not much more. The fact that it’s still there makes me think the seller isn’t very aware of the decrease in value from altering original equipment. Or maybe he just thinks the beauty of this particular burst is worth it. I suppose we will see who is right.

34 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

There are three offers on it. My bet is they all took this into consideration. I think with all that it should be worth $4k not much more. The fact that it’s still there makes me think the seller isn’t very aware of the decrease in value from altering original equipment. Or maybe he just thinks the beauty of this particular burst is worth it. I suppose we will see who is right.

I would want to get my hands on it to give it a once over before making payment.