The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

man as a new daughter owner I get it but that's tough to wait

just coming over here to double check that someone posted the Mike Campbell insta post. Agree on all the comments about how great of a guitarist he is - I'm realizing he's one of my favorites, for the same appreciation of his parsimonious style

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Deej said:

I would want to get my hands on it to give it a once over before making payment. 

I got mine for a good enough price that it didn't matter if it wasn't all original.  But it was priced to sell that way.  This one certainly isn't, so your point is well taken.

5 hours ago, topochico said:

I’ve asked for a wellness check to be performed at the Bogeywon place of residence. Hopefully pics of guitar soon after. If the police shoot him, I call dibs on our new guitar. You guys can have the Tele and the amps. 

6 hours ago, Goredho said:

My balls can only get so blue, man.

6 hours ago, Celery Man said:

… dot dot dot

Sorry having dinner dealing with some mental health issues so I want to be excited to open it if that makes sense. Have some up tonight 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, Bogeywon said:

Got to be honest it wasn’t packaged great. Hopefully it looks good when I get it out. I’m not having great luck

Well, you've got to give the delivery people a break. 

How are they supposed to know what's in the box?

• Haha 1

I’m back. Will post pics today. But I’m gonna post a unpopular option but I may want another PRS or that taylor instead. The AAA top didn’t blow me away. Also I’ll just gonna admit it I think PRS are my favorite guitars to play. Very versatile for what I like to do. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think it looks amazing. It's definitely not the perfectly lined up flame or quilted PRS top. I like the character of the grain you have going on there.

However, you basically answered your own question with your first impressions. It's too expensive for you to be disappointed. 

Beyond looks, how does it feel/sound?

Edited by topochico
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, topochico said:

Personally, I think it looks amazing. It's definitely not the perfectly lined up flame or quilted PRS top. I like the character of the grain you have going on there.

However, you basically answered your own question with your first impressions. It's too expensive for you to be disappointed. 

Beyond looks, how does it feel/sound?

Plays good. Action is a little high. I’m gonna screw around with it today and see how I feel. It’s cool don’t get me wrong but I’m just unsure tbh

49 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Does everyone immediately get a setup on their new guitar?

Depends who I buy from.  When buying from Wildwood, they set it up to my spec before it ships and they are reasonably similar to my environment (Denver is arid and within a couple thousand feet of elevation to where I’m at).  Everywhere else, I’ve needed some adjusting.

As others have said, though, return it if it does not speak to you and demand to be played.

Edit:  My Tele from Austin Vintage guitars didn’t need a set up, either.   Guitars from Sweetwater, Chicago Music Exchange and a couple other lesser known new guitar retailers on Reverb needed set ups.

Edited by Goredho

On 7/16/2021 at 10:38 AM, Chad Fuck said:

I got mine for a good enough price that it didn't matter if it wasn't all original.  But it was priced to sell that way.  This one certainly isn't, so your point is well taken.

Your “R” will not lose value. You could strip it’s electrics and case candy and still get $4500. 

I have bought and sold guitars for a long fucking time. A LP with a figured flame top will make people write bad checks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Your “R” will not lose value. You could strip it’s electrics and case candy and still get $4500. 

I have bought and sold guitars for a long fucking time. A LP with a figured flame top will make people write bad checks.

Yeah that’s a real thing. Like I just bought that R8 back in March and I picked up a cherry burst R9 yesterday at Sam Ash just to feel the difference in the necks and I had this visceral “I need this” reaction. Like when I first smelled strawberry shampoo in a young woman’s hair. It gave me tingles.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

53 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah that’s a real thing. Like I just bought that R8 back in March and I picked up a cherry burst R9 yesterday at Sam Ash just to feel the difference in the necks and I had this visceral “I need this” reaction. Like when I first smelled strawberry shampoo in a young woman’s hair. It gave me tingles.

Obligatory username alert...

• Like 1

Since we are talking about R9’s, my brother just bought this new Murphy Labs light aged R9 from Norm’s Rare Guitars in LA.  He claims it is the absolute shit.  I haven’t had a chance to steal er, play it, yet. He sent me several pics and its pretty.  Not overly reliced, maybe a little light chequing is all I see in pics.

Begun the guitar wars have.

A715CAFE-4E4A-428F-B363-364D66A035C6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, topochico said:

So, the Sweetwater executive that previously stole your Gallagher is done playing with it and ready to pass it on to you for a discount?

Sell some plasma or put on something pretty to work the streets for a night and keep both! 

If I could I really would but they only made 200 of the J150