The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

2 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I see it and raise you

d5af49e1a63534498a7b9a93ba9954fb.jpg

Kinda cool.

Dale's was just a Squier, though. I kinda freaked when I saw it. Must be a backup guitar since it was a hot day under a tent. The coins on that thing are probably worth more than the rest of the guitar.

Has anyone taken out one of the tone knobs on a Strat and moved the volume knob down?

Because I would totally do that.

I don’t have a Strat now, but thinking ahead of how I would build my perfect partscaster. 

Doesn't bother me. I like it close. That said I don't think I've ever turned a tone knob on a strat.

Relic talk not going away.

I like relic’d Strats. They remind me of my heroes and and they look cool. And I’m never ever going to play enough to make one look like that (my 20 year old Strat looks basically perfect).

I like this a lot (speaking of $4K troublemakers):

https://reverb.com/item/5344779-fender-custom-shop-69-stratocaster-heavy-relic-vintage-white

gembpmn0st5b1hekdgfw.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Relic talk not going away.

I like relic’d Strats. They remind me of my heroes and and they look cool. And I’m never ever going to play enough to make one look like that (my 20 year old Strat looks basically perfect).

I like this a lot (speaking of $4K troublemakers):

https://reverb.com/item/5344779-fender-custom-shop-69-stratocaster-heavy-relic-vintage-white

gembpmn0st5b1hekdgfw.jpg

Agree with you on the relic look! Love it that shit

1 hour ago, BoomMF said:

How's that Edwards working out for you?

Still getting used to the flat fretboard, but sounds just like a LP should. Guys on the worship team say it sounds great for rhythm, but doesn't cut through during the solos like the Tele.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

there's only 1 edwards lp in that photo.  i assume there are another.... 30-40 of those sumbitches? or am i missing something

83b863d6181e831ad285f9e49d4b23465b935ff9

Actually, paying for a new fence, kitchen and bathroom remodels, new graphics card, upcoming vacation... It ain't all about guitars.

But next year I will build a partscaster to round out my collection.

• Like 2

Damnit. I want to join the ranks again and get a Jaguar.

We’re all counting on you.

Re Dobros: Does anyone here have one? I can’t recall one ever popping up in the thread. Seems high time we should discuss.

Also, I took my Custom Telecaster Thinline Deluxe bits over to Archie’s guitars yesterday. The 12 yr parts gathering should be completed in about a week.

Still getting used to the flat fretboard, but sounds just like a LP should. Guys on the worship team say it sounds great for rhythm, but doesn't cut through during the solos like the Tele.

Sounds like your crew needs to be introduced to Mr. Marshall.

Stopped in GC on Sunset Blvd today. Kind of a beating because they are remodeling but they have some cool stuff for sure.

Oh and the wheedle deedle wankers...they can actually play in this joint. Holy shit a couple of these guys were good.

I just found this Phil Baugh video from the early 80s and he is playing one of these.  Peavey T series guitar with a steel guitar string pulling system connected to it.  All the videos I've found show them connected to a Peavey guitar. 

This is Mr. Baugh in action. 

I'm going through this phase of playing where I'll pick up a guitar one day and thing, "wow, I've never played this well before, ever." Then a day or too later I'm like, "why do I suck again?" And I can't seem to remember what I was doing before when I didn't suck as much.

John Mayer or fans/buyers wanting a tweaked Strat is one thing, but I'd be embarrassed if I were PRS.   There may not be IP protection for the Strat appearance, but that doesn't mean that it's cool to put your name on someone else's design. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

3 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

John Mayer or fans/buyers wanting a tweaked Strat is one thing, but I'd be embarrassed if I were PRS.   There may not be IP protection for the Strat appearance, but that doesn't mean that it's cool to put your name on someone else's design. 

That 40 min Mayer video tho....sounds like one of his shows.

Dude can flat out play but when he starts talking......

My first electric was a black and white Cort that looked exactly like a Fender Strat with a different headstock, and that was in the mid-80s. Is it because PRS (who is absolutely an egomaniac) touted it as this amazing new thing? Because otherwise people have been making Strat copies forever without this much backlash.