Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Horn_of_the_morning earlier this cycle ('19). We're right on track. 
Spoiler This staff needs a recruiting makeover. We have lost too many top of the board guys. I'll get flamed but I'll say it. This is turning into NOT a championship caliber class.
Spoiler So looks like we will only be signing 4 elite talent 2wr, 1lb, 1ol. Not championship caliber. We need recruiters bad.
Spoiler Top 10 is not guaranteed. February is some time off. Even if we finish top 10 the ranking itself does not mean much in the larger scheme of things. I won't rehash all the misses and needs etc but saying that we got top 10 class and ignoring the glaring negatives is more than a bit self deceptive. This board tends to pendulate between euphoria and meltdown at the drop of a hat. If your re amazed by that at this point it is on you and you are the salty vagina complain in that the zebra has stripes
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg
Digging through posting history to prove was wrong on internet. Classic cunt behavior.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 49

Just now, horn_of_the_morning said:
7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:
Spoiler This staff needs a recruiting makeover. We have lost too many top of the board guys. I'll get flamed but I'll say it. This is turning into NOT a championship caliber class.
Spoiler So looks like we will only be signing 4 elite talent 2wr, 1lb, 1ol. Not championship caliber. We need recruiters bad.
Spoiler Top 10 is not guaranteed. February is some time off. Even if we finish top 10 the ranking itself does not mean much in the larger scheme of things. I won't rehash all the misses and needs etc but saying that we got top 10 class and ignoring the glaring negatives is more than a bit self deceptive. This board tends to pendulate between euphoria and meltdown at the drop of a hat. If your re amazed by that at this point it is on you and you are the salty vagina complain in that the zebra has stripes
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg

Read more  

Digging through posting history to prove was wrong on internet. Classic cunt behavior.

It took all of 2 seconds to find because people were telling you the exact same thing last cycle. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg

Some of you giant blowhards need to quit getting mad when your wisdom turns out to be wrong. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg

Read more  

Hey, you go fuck yourself right in your giant gapping vagina and shut.......the........fuck.......up.........pussy

41 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Starting to become a trend. First Dallas and now SA.

The trend I see is Sugar Bowl win, top 10 finish, double win total in 2 years, flip a Cali kid already at USC then finish with a top 3 class.  Or are you going to tell us about all the "glaring negatives" there too?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
27 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg

Read more  

Usually when people are world-historically wrong about something that turns out much better than they thought it would, it's pretty for them to laugh it off. But you do you, bud.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

The trend I see is Sugar Bowl win, top 10 finish, double win total in 2 years, flip a Cali kid already at USC then finish with a top 3 class.  Or are you going to tell us about all the "glaring negatives" there too?

Instead of back to back top 3 classes, maybe Herman should try to get the #1 class for once?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:
1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:
Dx3v5sPVsAA3bhZ.jpg

Read more  

Take the loss, Pussy. 

IT

MICHAEL HENDERSON - 2020

Duncanville quarterback Ja'Quinden Jackson would be an anomaly in any other class, but humans are evolving at a rapid pace, presumably to give us a fighting chance versus AI. Michael Henderson is from the same lab that produced Jackson. These are plus-sized athletes capable of playing quarterback and damn near anywhere else - receiver, tight end/h-back, linebacker, and even on the edge.

Henderson missed most of his junior year due to injuries but you may recall a thread where our collective tongues were hanging over his sophomore tape due to his sheer athleticism.

Henderson visited UT this weekend and showed up leaner than I expected but in a good way. I asked how tall he is and heard 6-foot-2.5 from a source other than Henderson. His weight isn't a concern because it will come on in as many layers as he needs but I did wonder how much area he had to distribute it. He's more dense than I thought and that does change the evaluation a bit.

Here's what Henderson said about the visit:

"The coaches showed me how they would use me in their offense if me playing quarterback didn’t work because I would initially go to UT to play quarterback but if it doesn’t work I know I’ll still play a huge role in the offense."

Texas has Hudson Card committed, who has ownership over a bunch of natural passing traits, but it doesn't have a true force of nature like Henderson or Jackson.

Absent clear fits you can see how this next cycle might get interesting. It shouldn't be a concern but I asked Henderson how UT saw him if quarterback didn't work.

"Basically what Lil Jordan did. Wildcat QB, RB, WR, Slot, a real life ATH."

I love that term because a real life athlete is easy to get on the field.

Texas is prioritizing with Derek Warehime making repeated visits to his school.

My read is this is a Texas/OU battle, but Henderson also likes TCU and A&M.

JAYLON JONES AND OOS CBs - 2020

With news of Cibolo Steele DB Jaylon Jones committing to Texas A&M, it's important to reiterate that going out-of-state is even that much more likely, though in-state prospects will of course continue to be monitored.

Kelee Ringo (AZ), Clark Phillips III (read below), and Elias Ricks (CA) are all top targets on UT’s big board. All have cleaner projections at the next level too, but that doesn’t mean Texas and coach Washington won’t keep recruiting Jones. No sour grapes, UT likes and wants Jones, he just presents a bit of an issue as far as long-term planning.

Jason Washington and Craig Naivar spent time on the west coast last week to see these guys up close. UT will figure into Ringo's final decision, there's plenty of slack in Phillips' recruitment, meaning things could pick up quickly, and Ricks will be a tough fight, but one worth fighting.

CLARK PHILLIPS III - 2020

While hitting the west coast last week, Texas extended an offer to La Habra (CA) defensive back Clark Phillips. The 5-foot-10.5, 175-pound junior four-star holds 30+ offers from some of the top schools in the country, including Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, and LSU.

“Recruiting has been crazy,” said Phillips. “Good, but crazy. I’ve got family in Texas. Dallas, Sugar Land, Katy, and Houston.”

After garnering MVP honors at the Prime 21 camp in Frisco last summer, his stock has steadily risen.

“Ohio State, LSU, UW, A&M, and Notre Dame probably recruit me the hardest right now,” Phillips said. “I’ll be dropping a Top 10 soon. Texas has my attention.”

Phillips is looking for a spot that offers good academics, athletic tradition, and family feel.

“The staff is important to me, especially a position coach that can develop me as a technician,” Phillips explained. “Good academics and solid environment. I’m looking into Sports Medicine/Kinesiology or Physical Therapy.”

One thing is for sure; he wants to see Austin and what Texas offers. He’s looking at scheduling a trip to UT in the spring.

I can see the nation's #53 player at nickel in Todd Orlando’s defense, which is a testament to his overall skill-set. He could also be a pure corner. With the Horns looking OOS at corner, he’s one to pay attention to and there's a chance this recruitment really takes off.

Just now, Not a Sock said:

This staff refusal to give out offers is fucking dumb and it's where Herman's ego needs to get checked, when Texas has couple playoff appearances and put a few kids in the league then Texas can be uber selective with it's offers but right now it means they are playing from behind.

I'm inclined to trust Washington on his recruiting style. If it was Giles and some big DL, sure, but JWash has skins on the wall.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

This staff refusal to give out offers is fucking dumb and it's where Herman's ego needs to get checked, when Texas has couple playoff appearances and put a few kids in the league then Texas can be uber selective with it's offers but right now it means they are playing from behind.

If we don't cut that shit out we're never gonna get the best players/top ranked classes so that we can hang with those mighty SEC SEC teams. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Recruiting is going very well, stop being a little bitch about it

• Like 6