Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

10 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

That figures, but he should limit the beans for his extramarital affairs.  

What the hell is vegan chili anyways?  Shouldn’t it be called vegetable soup or stew?

Spec's used to sell vegetarian haggis, I shit you not.  Oh... so THIS is what you miss most from your meat eating days?  

3 minutes ago, ausjala said:

If one wants to be a vegetarian, be a vegetarian, but stay the HELL away from chili and burgers. JFC

Reminds me a TV news segment I saw years ago about a local restaurant which was serving only raw food.  They seemed to feel the need to have raw food /vegetarian versions of regular foods.  Their version of fries was a basket of carrot sticks. Their version of a burrito was some concoction of raw vegetables wrapped in a leaf of lettuce.  How stupid does one to be.....

2 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:

No kidding. Menlo Park is so much more lit. emoji42.png

I was on a work trip for the consulting firm I was with a few years ago and tried to take clients to a scrip club in that area without knowing any better.  We wound up grabbing beers at the steak house by the 49er’s stadium because nothing fun exists in that area.

52 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

How does Crawford go from some overlooked Baylor commit to 50 offers. Did I miss a new tape dropping? Is there some coaches tape we don’t know about?

He missed all last year with an injury but has been looking good this offseason.

if the staff really is avoiding going hard after guys like Crawford and Baker because they want George as part of a package deal for Evans, then we better fucking get Evans. Risking missing on an elite RB and OT so we can stay in it with Evans til the end would be a big gamble for the staff.

Edited by Burt Macklin

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He missed all last year with an injury but has been looking good this offseason.

if the staff really is avoiding going hard after guys like Crawford and Baker because they want George as part of a package deal for Evans, then we better fucking get Evans. Risking missing on an elite RB and OT so we can stay in it with Evans til the end would be a big gamble for the staff.

But does George end up playing at tackle or at guard here? His questions re: flexibility and footwork don't look so great if it's going to be the former, and we did seem to reject the Akinola kid very quickly so maybe it's the latter.

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Reminds me a TV news segment I saw years ago about a local restaurant which was serving only raw food.  They seemed to feel the need to have raw food /vegetarian versions of regular foods.  Their version of fries was a basket of carrot sticks. Their version of a burrito was some concoction of raw vegetables wrapped in a leaf of lettuce.  How stupid does one to be.....

Yep

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

But does George end up playing at tackle or at guard here? His questions re: flexibility and footwork don't look so great if it's going to be the former, and we did seem to reject the Akinola kid very quickly so maybe it's the latter.

He’s without a doubt a guard, but it looks like the staff only wants to take 5 at OL regardless of position.

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I was on a work trip for the consulting firm I was with a few years ago and tried to take clients to a scrip club in that area without knowing any better.  We wound up grabbing beers at the steak house by the 49er’s stadium because nothing fun exists in that area.

Cool event-less former post-consulting firm employment South Bay work bro story, bro. Sounds like your secondary option was pretty poorly conceived too. Mebbe you should've grabbed your clients' cocks in hand and pitched a start-up in their pants, amirite?

35 minutes ago, Waterface said:

Cool event-less former post-consulting firm employment South Bay work bro story, bro. Sounds like your secondary option was pretty poorly conceived too. Mebbe you should've grabbed your clients' cocks in hand and pitched a start-up in their pants, amirite?

Nah.  I could have also called your mom up to tongue-punch her fart box but she was busy.  

Who the fuck are you anyways?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keef said:

Menlo Park is a bunch of get off my lawn locals mixed with retired tech jerks. Palo Alto has Zareens going for it, at least. 

Yeah the Palo Alto food scene is much better than Menlo Park. But yeah for anyone under 45 Austin is a better city to live if you want food, fun, and a whole lot more.

10 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well at least our staff hasn’t ever went all-in on a prospect only to be left empty handed.. 

9 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s without a doubt a guard, but it looks like the staff only wants to take 5 at OL regardless of position.

If we get Parker, I see no reason not to go after Joshua Braun. He is big (6'6" 300lb) with good feet and excellent strength but little pass blocking film.

42 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So what are people's thoughts on how Kimber compares to Joshua Eaton or Ryan Watts? Doubt we'll take all three

You “doubt “ we’ll take all three? 

They should just drop the names of Watts, Eaton, Kimber and Crawford in a hat, and close the deal on the first two names drawn. It’s a crapshoot from here on which ones will have the better college career. I’m not excited about any of them. 

• Like 1

Bored on a Saturday morning after great Texas victories yesterday by Longhorn Baseball & Softball teams.  Congrats to Ladies Track for another National Championship... 🤘  

Ctj caused me to wonder what the rankings would be for the Longhorns most important 2020 recruits..... Who does Texas want/ need most, 2nd, 3rd etc??  Maybe

1. Evans

2. Broughton

3. Ringo

4. ???

5. ???

Edited by LTtxfan

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bored on a Saturday morning after great Texas victories yesterday by Longhorn Baseball & Softball teams.  Congrats to Ladies Track for another National Championship... 🤘  

Ctj caused me to wonder what the rankings would be for the Longhorns most important 2020 recruits..... Who does Texas want/ need most, 2nd, 3rd etc??  Maybe

1. Evans

2. Broughton

3. Ringo

4. ???

5. ???

For in-state the 5 I hope we definitely get are Evans, Broughton, Collins, Lindberg, and Thompson.  

Others I'm hoping for are Dorbah, Alford ( think he can be a really good nickel ), Umanmielen, and White.

For OOS give me Ringo, Flowe, and Wilson.  Anything after that is gravy.  Maybe Ransom as well.

Not sure on the 2nd CB spot.  Like was posted above, seems like Eaton, Watts, Kimber, and Crawford are all interchangeable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fellside said:

If true, I have no idea why people are saying he's slow.

A. I don't think you're wrong

B. I think it's more likely that we'll see his speed over a 40yd burst during a game than a 200m sprint during a football game.

If nothing else it seems safe to say the guy has speed in the same area code as LJ

• Like 1