Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Get a load of this shit
D_XOvzSUEAA3mVa?format=jpg&name=medium

This is some next level, Baker Mayfield level bullshit.

Aggy tucked tail and quit the Big12 and now they bitch about needing more talent to compete in the SEC. Perhaps prior to their grand exit they might have considered that they’re not successful in recruiting blue chip Texas talent. Sure, an occasional difference maker shows up on the roster, but historically BlowU recruits more studs in Texas than they do. And now that they’ve opened up the state to the SEC, they’re losing to Georgia, Bama, and LSU as well. The “entitled sip” narrative is being blown back in their face like spit in the wind with their “we’re in the SEC, we deserve better croots” bullshit. Those grease laden, dog diddling fucks are always going to be mediocre and sad. It’s their only tradition worth mentioning. 27-25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This is some next level, Baker Mayfield level bullshit.

Aggy tucked tail and quit the Big12 and now they bitch about needing more talent to compete in the SEC. Perhaps prior to their grand exit they might have considered that they’re not successful in recruiting blue chip Texas talent. Sure, an occasional difference maker shows up on the roster, but historically BlowU recruits more studs in Texas than they do. And now that they’ve opened up the state to the SEC, they’re losing to Georgia, Bama, and LSU as well. The “entitled sip” narrative is being blown back in their face like spit in the wind with their “we’re in the SEC, we deserve better croots” bullshit. Those grease laden, dog diddling fucks are always going to be mediocre and sad. It’s their only tradition worth mentioning. 27-25

Not too mention their best year in the SEC came with mediocre Big 12 talent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

These fucktards really do brag about the other teams in their conference more than they do their own team, don't they? A fucking embarrassment.

They really can’t brag much about their teams.   I guess maybe towards Northwestern they could make something up.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

How does aggy explain the fact that their record in the Big 12 was worse than in the mighty SEC?

If someone is going to ask them that question, can you also ask them why Vonn Miller, Dat Nguyen, and the Bennett brothers were afraid to play in the SEC. They all took the easy way out and played in the Big 12. 

Edited by texaslong
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

If someone is going to ask them that question, can you also ask them why Vonn Miller, Dat Nguyen, and the Bennett brothers were afraid to play in the SEC. They all took the easy way out and played in the Big 12. 

Well you dumb sip the Big 12 was much tougher before we traded all those teams that were dominating the league — aggy, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado — for West Virginia and TCU. And went from 8 conference games to 9. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Well you dumb sip the Big 12 was much tougher before we traded all those teams that were dominating the league — aggy, Nebraska, Missouri and Colorado — for West Virginia and TCU. And went from 8 conference games to 9. 

I forgot. The SEC also got way harder by adding aggy and Mizzou. 

7 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I forgot. The SEC also got way harder by adding aggy and Mizzou. 

To be fair, one of those teams has won their division a couple of times and made the conference better. The other.. not so much.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

I sent the image in the tweet to a source at the FBI's national forensic photography lab and homeland defense department.spacer.png He said within 99.7% probability that's the carpet at the ATT Conf Center. 

central? center frame, enlarge and enhance......again. 

central? 3....no 5 frames to the right, enlarge and enhance.

central? is outbound conduit still open? 

crap.

central? security protocol c-6. Identify all outbound recipients!

central! authorize drone missile strike strike on my mark!

mark!

Wow, that guy was just barely wrong about ISU and Baylor beating the sips last year.

Too bad the ags are going to miss on Broughton. At least they can always grab Collins and hope they can develop him into the level of prospect that VB is.

Jesus, this is some next-level, low-information, opinion soup right here.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

How does aggy explain the fact that their record in the Big 12 was worse than in the mighty SEC?

In the Big 12 they were 113-86 overall (0.57). 5-20 (0.20) against P5 teams OOC, 69-62 (0.53) in conference, and 39-4 (0.91) against G5 and FCS.

In the SEC they are 60-31 overall (0.66). 6-5 (.55) against P5 teams OOC, 30-26 (0.54) in conference, and 24-0 against G5 and FCS.

7 out of 16 years they finished above .500 in conference in the Big 12.

2 out of the 7 years in the SEC.

4 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

D_YaIOzX4AMhIG3?format=jpg&name=medium

This is the point at which I admit that I like Collins more than Braughton, and am more worried about his decision as a meaningful indicator of future performance at the DT spot, where I think they'll both end up eventually. I said that when it looked like Braughton was going aggy, too, so it'd be silly to pretend I didn't.

And hey, if I'm wrong, great! 'cause it looks like we're getting him (hopefully them).

It always makes me laugh when I hear aggy posters claim Jimbo whips Herman in head to head battles.   Here are the list of players with aggy and Texas offers while both Bilbo Baggins and Herman were coaches at respective schools.  Many of these players were also offered and recruited by Jimbo at FSU before he took over at aggy in November/December of 2017

2018:  17-5 in favor of Texas.  We absolutely took their souls this cycle

Texas- Sterns, Foster, Green, Overshown, Eagles, Cook, Moore, Woodard, Jaimson, Coburn, Ossai, Epps, Ojomo, Ingram, Adeoye, Vaughns, Williams

Aggy- Slo'Neal, Preston, Brown, Wright, Jackson

2019-  11-8 in favor of Texas.  Still won more head to head for guys both teams offered.

Texas- Whittington, T. Johnson, Gbenda, Ro. Johnson, Shepherd, Sweat, Smith, McCoy, Floyd, McCoy, Watson

Aggy-  Leal, Green, Cupp, Wright, Williams, Richardson, Mowry, Young

2020-  right now it's tied at 4-4.  Broughton trending our way,  Collins, CT3, Lindberg to TExas likely.  Princley, Achane, Eaton to aggy.  Looking like it will end up 8-7 Texas unless Evans picks aggy then 8-8.  So tied...

Texas- Garth, Crawford, Card, JQJ

Aggy- Demas, Jones, Omeire, Ogunbiyi

The made up aggy narrative that Jimbo is out recruiting Herman head to head is laughable.  Not only did Herman whip his ass on the field when they coached against each other but he's won more recruitments where both teams had offers from Texas and aggy.

• Like 5