Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Super K on Broughton

The Vernon Broughton commitment watch continues…

We are expecting an announcement tomorrow. Waiting to hear back from his mother on a time of day.

Also, some of you may seen some renewed confidence from the Aggie faithful.

We are told that some of this is coming from TAMU commits who believe Vernon may indeed be headed to TAMU.

I’m sticking with my cautious optimism for Texas – based on my sources and our boy CJ.

5 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

One thing is for sure.

A lot of people are going to look stupid after tomorrow. Not that they already didn't.

No shit. And of course, for once I have a packed day at work where I can’t sit on surly and ignore people asking for stuff.

Yeah, not sure I'm going to expect him to pick Texas.  This whole recruitment has just been weird.  Basically he we all thought he was aggy until he put that snap out that he's in Austin.  The only thing that gives me confidence is chin pubes conceding him.  We'll all find out tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah, not sure I'm going to expect him to pick Texas.  This whole recruitment has just been weird.  Basically he we all thought he was aggy until he put that snap out that he's in Austin.  The only thing that gives me confidence is chin pubes conceding him.  We'll all find out tomorrow.

Expecting the worst is never a bad idea when it comes to this shit 

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Would it shock you if pubes was in on the trol?

Just a theory, but in the same way Looch "could be in on the troll", so could BC by not putting out a 🤫 yet. If he were to tweet one out, say, right now, everyone would know it was for Broughton and this whole saga would come to a halt.  Maybe our staff knows and is just as happy reveling in seeing the aggys squirm.  Wouldn't be the first time we played the game. 

Just now, IllHaveWhatRickysHaving said:

Just a theory, but in the same way Looch "could be in on the troll", so could BC by not putting out a 🤫 yet. If he were to tweet one out, say, right now, everyone would know it was for Broughton and this whole saga would come to a halt.  Maybe our staff knows and is just as happy reveling in seeing the aggys squirm.  Wouldn't be the first time we played the game. 

Carrington is more than happy to put out the ssh or not depending on what the recruit wants. He's not an idiot - if your job is sales, there's no reason to annoy a client just to get your name out there. Recruits just like playing along and building suspense.

• Like 2

VB’s done such an effective job of keeping a lot of people twisting in angst with his recruitment decision that he’s resetting  the bar for other tightly contested recruitments going forward. Expect more of this type of thing in the future as others try some one-upmanship.

19 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

One thing is for sure.

A lot of people are going to look stupid after tomorrow. Not that they already didn't.

Texas reporters, TexAgs - Texas

Hamm, Sayles (probably the biggest aggy homer reporters - A&M 

Perroni - fence

Hamm is going to look like an idiot. Not surprising.

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

VB’s done such an effective job of keeping a lot of people twisting in angst with his recruitment decision that he’s resetting  the bar for other tightly contested recruitments going forward. Expect more of this type of thing in the future as others try some one-upmanship.

Seriously. This is the Kawhi Leonard FA saga of recruiting.

1 minute ago, lazygringo said:

Whatever he decides, I just can't help but wonder whether Broughton is really ready to shut it down.

He really hasn't done anything very squirrel-y. It's just the CB back-and-forth drama, which isn't his doing, and some pretty normal pre-commitment retweeting of the three main schools.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Other than Broughton, the only uncommitted Houston-area prospects who appear to be high on our board are Lindberg and (I suppose) Evans. Maybe Alford.

I think Lindberg jumps on board soon when VB commits tomorrow.  I hope Washington is flippable.  

• Like 1