Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

23 minutes ago, Richter said:

He was only talking about principle photography.  Edits, special effects, trial screenings and other post production steps are required. 

A source tells me that VB saw it and determined that it needed more star wipes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

And don’t forget the all important tweet preparation. One doesn’t just drop the video. Hashtag selection is everything. There’s no turning back once you put out a hashtag.

There are questions to be answered. Is my decision respectable?  What percentage, of any, of glory goes to God?  Shall I accept DMs?  Shall I grant interviews?  Which of these answers do I need to have in my main tweet, and which should be hashtagged?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Longhornfrenzy said:

Anybody have TFB update?

***Update 4:30PM From Will Baizer***

Two updates.

Jahari Rogers will be announcing where he will end up shortly. It was originally planned for around 2:30pm for a specific reason, but I has been pushed back a few hours.

On the Vernon Broughton news, the push back in timeline is more due to video editing (*cough* amateurs *cough*) than any last second changes of heart. So for those who feel good about Texas’ chances take a sigh of relief. For those who don’t, keep fretting.

***Update 5:04 PM From Super K***

I have seen the reports by other outlets that Vernon is telling people he’s pushing his commitment back. I know Will has heard similar (as noted above).

I personally have not heard that and I wouldn’t be surprised if he still posts today. I’ve heard that Vernon is really trying to surprise people with the announcement so I wouldn’t be surprised if some inaccurate information is being given to the media.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

***Update 4:30PM From Will Baizer***

Two updates.

Jahari Rogers will be announcing where he will e nd up shortly. It was originally planned for around 2:30pm for a specific reason, but I has been pushed back a few hours.

On the Vernon Broughton news, the push back in timeline is more due to video editing (*cough* amateurs *cough*) than any last second changes of heart. So for those who feel good about Texas’ chances take a sigh of relief. For those who don’t, keep fretting.

***Update 5:04 PM From Super K***

I have seen the reports by other outlets that Vernon is telling people he’s pushing his commitment back. I know Will has heard similar (as noted above).

I personally have not heard that and I wouldn’t be surprised if he still posts today. I’ve heard that Vernon is really trying to surprise people with the announcement so I wouldn’t be surprised if some inaccurate information is being given to the media.

If he's still pulling shenanigans to surprise people, must mean the 9.95ers got it right with all the picks for Texas. Otherwise, the announcement will be surprise enough.

If he is really concerned with building mystery and tension for maximum attention, I gotta say that it lowers my opinion of him and those raising him. I still want him to come here, but I really hate this crap.

I know the crap has been created by the fierce interest and media coverage, but I don't think it's doing anybody much good.

If he is really concerned with building mystery and tension for maximum attention, I gotta say that it lowers my opinion of him and those raising him. I still want him to come here, but I really hate this crap.
I know the crap has been created by the fierce interest and media coverage, but I don't think it's doing anybody much good.

This whole recruiting thing may not be for you.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

HarrisonFordWhoGivesAShit.gif

He’s 18, it’s ok. We are a sensitive bunch today.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He decided to put together a video to release on his birthday. He told his trainer (FWK) who blew it out into a thing along with the media. He and his mom retweeted a few tweets. It's really not been much of a production.

And committing with a video is fun, why not wait to make sure it's ready?

• Like 1

Just now, elguapo said:

This whole recruiting thing may not be for you.

I was keen on recruiting for a few years, but I've calmed down about it. I follow it and hope we get a great class, but who knows how the players will turn out. I used to feel sorry for the veterans because the incoming freshman were so great that they'd all be starters after the third or fourth game.

Recruiting is pure entertainment for me. I don't sweat it unless we're getting killed.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He decided to put together a video to release on his birthday. He told his trainer (FWK) who blew it out into a thing along with the media. He and his mom retweeted a few tweets. It's really not been much of a production.

That's why I started with the if. I don't know what his intentions are. Thanks for the info above.

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Well, for his, and Florida’s sake, they’ve all moved on to the NFL. Hopefully.

Dan Mullen would never tolerate violence against women in his program (also cmon SI, "mississippi-state-rebels" in the link?)

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/03/26/mississippi-state-rebels-signee-video-domestic-abuse-jeffery-simmons

Edited by texifornia

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

How long before it's on Netflix?