Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Also Roku Channel App has Stadium Network.

"In addition to the game airing nationally LIVE on Stadium’s over-the-air channels, the games will also be available via WatchStadium.com/Live, The Roku Channel, Sling TV and Samsung TV Plus."

Multi-Platform Sports Network Stadium To Televise 22 High School Football Games In 2019 

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/multi-platform-sports-network-stadium-to-televise-22-high-school-football-games-in-2019/

Article has the schedule of HS games on Stadium Network

Corner Canyon's QB is good. Big arm and just kept the ZR for a 30+ yd TD. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Van is a 4*

Utah HS FB is less than competitive because of the sad lack of Black people in that region of the country.  The line play is pretty darned good - like Hawaii and for much the same reason.  Fillinger is playing really well and it's not because he's just overpowering smaller and weaker players.  That's not usually going to be an issue when you like up across from dudes with names like Vaka'afi, Saleapaga, Suamataia and Aiono.  That Orem OL reminds me a lot of Trinity HS in Euless or Kahuku on the N Shore of Oahu.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kegman said:

It is hard to pay attention to the game with the standup routine going in the booth,  I am worried that Comedy Central may hire them away at halftime.  

Seems like the station name is better suited for aggys... KJZZ 14  😕

And one sponsor is...  RC's Willie    😂😂😂 

(Actually it's RC Willey.... couldn't resist)

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Utah HS FB is less than competitive because of the sad lack of Black people in that region of the country.  The line play is pretty darned good - like Hawaii and for much the same reason.  Fillinger is playing really well and it's not because he's just overpowering smaller and weaker players.  That's not usually going to be an issue when you like up across from dudes with names like Vaka'afi, Saleapaga, Suamataia and Aiono.  That Orem OL reminds me a lot of Trinity HS in Euless or Kahuku on the N Shore of Oahu.

giphy.gif

I mean, true though.

Also Fillinger is part-Poly himself

Edited by texifornia

3 hours ago, realgreggym said:

True story. Many years ago, an aggy in the state legislature was upset that we had The in front of our name and A&M didn't so he proposed to change their name to The Texas A&M University. That became a huge joke and Baylor never wanting to miss an opportunity to mess with aggy decide that they were going to change their name as well. But instead of becoming The Baylor University, they were going to change their name to Thee Baylor University. Aggys were pissed. It was great.

In 1971 I bought a The University of Texas rear window sticker, I cut The University and used it on my 1970 green Gran Torino and my roommate used the Texas for his 1971 brownTorino. It was a comma practice back then and yes I did see a few Thee University stickers on Baylor cars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

This kid is from Athens, GA. Fine to let him OV, but should be realistic about expectations. 

I don’t think he’s a take for Georgia, fwiw. It appears we’d be battling the likes of Tennessee, South Carolina, etc, 

13 hours ago, Fud said:

The biggest discrepancy between two sites is ESPN having Jake Majors at 11th in the state, and 247 having him at 71st. 

ESPN and Rivals still have not reclassed Majors as a C fwiw, which is weird to me. ESPN/Rivals say he is a good guard prospect (ESPN has him as the #1 guard, rivals has him at the #4 guard) , 247 has him as the #11 center

8 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Dude.