Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Thanks for the responses on the CJ thing. Pos repped. Falls in line with what I was thinking without sniffing around on the guru sites.

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No, the WR that NFL draft scouts are getting excited about is Duvernay. This is what Dane Brugler wrote about him in the Athletic earlier:

I think Duvernay climbing the draft boards is a story the staff will have zero problems building on with recruits. He won't have Metcalf's measurables, but he's going to have great physical stats for his size outside of the shuttle, and he's putting up numbers this year, if he stays healthy, that will border All-American, which, given the Big 12's WR talent, means he's probably 3rd team in the conference.

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Duvernay is likely going to have the production and testing to move up the draft boards, likely being the 1st Longhorn off the board, unless Cosmi declares. I guess if Braun continues to show out, he could sneak into the 2nd round.

18 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Braun will be an interesting. He’s an absolutely incredible football player, but he’s on the small side and that usually makes guys drop. I’ll be curious to see if a team is willing to ignore the measurables and falls in love with the tape.

also, If Braun goes to the combine, It’ll be entertaining to see what his 40 time is. That guy can really run for an OL.

I think this upcoming draft is going to be really interesting for Texas overall. We've all felt like it was going to be a weak draft for UT and that the 2021 draft was where new credibility for what this staff is doing is going to be established. At least those of us on the $9.95 board (not including UT sites with their heads up their asses or the FB board).

That considered, if: 

-DD has an excellent year

-Johnson has another solid year

-Cosmi comes out (he'd go high or he wouldn't come out)

-Brandon Jones continues to project to the middle rounds

-Braun could very well be drafted after not projecting as a pick after last year at Ga Tech

-Guys like Shackleford and McCullough don't get drafted but make a practice squad or something

That's 3 almost certain picks in BJ, CJ, and DD, and several could go in the 2nd-4th with a break or two. A wildcard that would be a 1st rounder. Another wildcard that is a player versus a body, and he could go 5th-7th. For the calm before the rush with Texas talent, it's better than what our enemies would prefer and better than what I was thinking a few months ago. I'd prefer Cosmi to stay, nonetheless.

15 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This play happened right in front of us and in real action, it was fucking awesome. Delpit was stunned and played like it the rest of the way. 

From Drumm

*** First, I spoke with four-star DL Alfred Collins about his visit.

Collins says that the visit went “great”. The four-star said that he he spent quite a bit of time with Coach Thibodeaux and Coach Riley, but enjoyed “hanging with the players more than anything.”

Collins says he was hosted by Caleb Kelly and they got along great.

Lastly, I spoke with a few people about the visit and they told me, “Really, couldn’t have gone better. I’m not sure where he stands on a decision but I’d bet (OU) is near the top,” The source said. “Texas is there but I don’t think he is as sold on them as most feel.

If that truly is the case it would shock most, including me. I’m digging to find out a bit more on Collins.

lulz, sure Brandon.

Edited by HtownHorn

Another reference point:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hakeem Butler (born May 16, 1996) is an American football wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Iowa State University, and was drafted by the Cardinals in the fourth round of the 2019 NFL Draft.

NFL Draft and Combine Profile - Hakeem Butler

Combine Results:

40 Yard Dash:  4.48 sec

Vertical Jump:  36.0 in        

Broad Jump:  128.0 in

So LSU leaking a/c locker room story.  Attacks on where CDC sat LSU band and fans in DKR.  Coach O blocking Texas  involvement camps in Louisiana.  Seems like recruiting is really gonna heat up between lsu and Texas now...

So Surly Folks in the know, How dirty is Cajun Cookie Monster's recruiting??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nope said:

I remember Delpit bouncing off of Duvernay twice in the second half, but haven’t been able to find the clip for the other one yet.

https://watchstadium.com/videos/devin-duvernay-highlights-vs-lsu-tigers-_-week-2/

It's at like the 35 second mark. Pretty sure this is what you're talking about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When it comes to cash, Georgia is the dirtiest of all programs right now. They have the NCAA sniffing around now due to overstepping their bounds within the southeastern framework. 

When it comes to your life, LSU is the dirtiest program of all of them and it is not close. They have ended jobs for various families; foreclosed on houses; sent families away from charity and medical care; and used physical intimidation to keep players they want. As a result, if LSU really wants somebody and that somebody wants to go somewhere else, they have to plan it out carefully and have support beyond football for their familiars on the other side of the trade.

Louisiana is easily the worst state, the worst culture, and responsible for the worst institution of higher learning within this country. They value and celebrate corruption, and use it as a weapon to get over on everyone else whenever it suits them. I enjoy a good visit to New Orleans for the food and gambling, but I never feel clean while I am there. It's a region covered in filth, and happy for it. For anyone who has never visited a 3rd world country, Louisiana is as close as you will ever come while still in the USA. LSU is a direct reflection of Louisiana's values, collective intelligence, and integrity, or lack thereof for each of those things. Don't ever doubt that you will not find the floor of what LSU is willing to do in order to fuck whoever they want for a player from their own backyard.

So you're saying Michael Williams didn't "walk on" there for the academics.

For future scheduling of the home and home OOC series, might make sense for CDC to schedule the away game first.  Seems like lsu and BR will really be foaming at the mouth for TEXAS next year...

18 current 2020 Texas commits.

Adding Collins, 1-2 WRs, Ty and possibly a CB & LB... anything else for 2020 Class ??

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

For future scheduling of the home and home OOC series, might make sense for CDC to schedule the away game first.  Seems like lsu and BR will really be foaming at the mouth for TEXAS next year...

18 current 2020 Texas commits.

Adding Collins, 1-2 WRs, Ty and possibly a CB & LB... anything else for 2020 Class ??

That's only because Louisianans live in a wild bubble of down-and-dirty conspiracies where everyone's as proud of being underhanded sneaks as they are. For most teams it won't matter at all.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, EZ$ said:

I’m thinking they may be holding off on taking Jordan at this time. With Roschon looking like a legit full-time RB, our RB room will be pretty full (and studly) next year with a healthy Derrian Brown and Bijan in the mix (I can see Bijan getting major carries by OU if he’s an early enrollee).

I guess if they see Roschon being the eventual QB1 and want to get Whittington back in the WR room, then they’ll push for Jordan, but we need him more today than we will in 2020. 

i can't see them flipping Roschon over to RB full time as of today (even though he is curiously listed as a RB on the Inside Texas scholarship roster) - the QB room is even more barren than the RB room at this time - just Sam and Casey Thompson vs RB (Kirk Johnson, Daniel Young, Ingram + Brown/JWhitt)

as far as we know right now, they are only taking two QB in 20 with Card + JQJ, right? Any noise about taking 2 QB in 21?

Edited by NoName
forgot about the second QB in the class.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i can't see them flipping Roschon over to RB full time as of today (even though he is curiously listed as a RB on the Inside Texas scholarship roster) - the QB room is even more barren than the RB room at this time - just Sam and Casey Thompson vs RB (Kirk Johnson, Daniel Young, Ingram + Brown/JWhitt)

as far as we know right now, they are only taking one QB in 20 with Card, right? Any noise about taking 2 QB in 21?

Huh?

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

as far as we know right now, they are only taking one QB in 20 with Card, right? Any noise about taking 2 QB in 21?

Uh - Ja'Quinden Jackson is a QB - despite what 247 says.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Huh?

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Uh - Ja'Quinden Jackson is a QB - despite what 247 says.

well, shit.

take a couple of weeks out from recruiting and you forget everything.

my bad there guys, edited the OP to reflect this.

Edited by NoName

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

Confused_Britney.0.gif

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I just think he's right.

curious @closetojumping but for all the (fan) conjecture do we have any actual idea what the plan for JQJ is coming into Austin?

Focus on QB mostly? some? any? 

We all assume the idea is that he will play QB until he can't - and obviously some of this depends what happens with his senior season - but is this even based in reality?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

When it comes to cash, Georgia is the dirtiest of all programs right now. They have the NCAA sniffing around now due to overstepping their bounds within the southeastern framework. 

When it comes to your life, LSU is the dirtiest program of all of them and it is not close. They have ended jobs for various families; foreclosed on houses; sent families away from charity and medical care; and used physical intimidation to keep players they want. As a result, if LSU really wants somebody and that somebody wants to go somewhere else, they have to plan it out carefully and have support beyond football for their familiars on the other side of the trade.

Louisiana is easily the worst state, the worst culture, and responsible for the worst institution of higher learning within this country. They value and celebrate corruption, and use it as a weapon to get over on everyone else whenever it suits them. I enjoy a good visit to New Orleans for the food and gambling, but I never feel clean while I am there. It's a region covered in filth, and happy for it. For anyone who has never visited a 3rd world country, Louisiana is as close as you will ever come while still in the USA. LSU is a direct reflection of Louisiana's values, collective intelligence, and integrity, or lack thereof for each of those things. Don't ever doubt that you will not find the floor of what LSU is willing to do in order to fuck whoever they want for a player from their own backyard.

I also heard they have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I also heard they have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

giphy.gif 

13 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

With this, I think we’ve about covered it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Wait...are you saying what I think you're saying?!?.... they put beans in their chili?!?!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Hopefully QJ is much more physical than CJ. 

Imagine being a projected 1st rd pick senior getting punked all game by a true freshman. SMH. 

Wtf? Collin got some double coverage in the 1st half and then competed well against the  LSU defense in the 2nd half, including two PI penalties. Good blocking night too.

He could have been stronger on two plays, and Sam missed him on two other plays but he wasn't worthy of this shit description.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

Wtf? Collin got some double coverage in the 1st half and then competed well against the  LSU defense in the 2nd half, including two PI penalties. Good blocking night too.

He could have been stronger on two plays, and Sam missed him on two other plays but he wasn't worthy of this shit description.

This.  Safety help they were giving to Collin's defender is the reason Eagles and Duvernay were getting single coverage.  LaTech and LSU both decided they weren't going to let CJ beat them.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Not to mention gormless, vapid, jejune, ponderous, mouldering, reprobate, cankerous, iniquitous, disingenuous, and base.

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

Over on Texags they are saying Zack Evans got into with coaches last Thursday and quit the team. Hadn't seen it posted on here yet.

https://texags.com/forums/9/topics/3056462

Jimbo could steer him down the right path

Too bad Evans can't see that

oh boy...Jimbo, leader of men..exactly what he was known for a free shoes/rape/theft U