Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, pacman said:

Wtf? Collin got some double coverage in the 1st half and then competed well against the  LSU defense in the 2nd half, including two PI penalties. Good blocking night too.

He could have been stronger on two plays, and Sam missed him on two other plays but he wasn't worthy of this shit description.

we love to shit on players.  johnson was bracketed with a safety on top for the a lot of the first half.  lsu was not going to let johnson beat them.

we can praise one player without having to shit on another.  novel concept for some.

the play that dickcheese herbstreet raved about when stingley broke up the pass, sam was hella late on that throw.  nothing to do with johnson.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

Over on Texags they are saying Zack Evans got into with coaches last Thursday and quit the team. Hadn't seen it posted on here yet.

https://texags.com/forums/9/topics/3056462

No Male role model in his life? Jfc, was that OB or texags saying that? 

It fucking irritates me to no end when African Americans get that label. How  do they know? His bro seemed like a pretty decent role model. 

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

johnson was bracketed with a safety on top for the a lot of the first half.  lsu was not going to let johnson beat them.

This speaks more to their quotes on Sam and disrespect for his ability as a qb. Their gameplan was to take away the qb run and not let CJ get any jump ball opportunities. In the 2nd half we scored on every possession because LSUs coaches couldn't adjust to the reality that Sam is a good qb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t want to get into a pissing match over this, and I don’t follow the NFL draft stuff this early, but is Collin Johnson really projected to go in the 1st? I don’t see the draft trends going towards big, slowish WRs these days. Not saying I don’t dig CJ and wish him well as a top pick, I’m just thinking he’s projecting more like a 5th-7th round pick.  

Sports Illustrated, Sporting News, SB Nation, Big Lead, & Athlon Sports all had him as a 1st round pick in their preseason mocks. 

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I must be getting old!

Everyone gets old, and at the same rate. It’s not an excuse we can use. 

We all need to be accountable to one another to read all the posts on this thread. It’s what makes this board run. It’s what keeps this board’s soul alive. For many of us, this board is what keeps us going when life gets us down. We can all be better. We have to be better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

We all need to be accountable to one another to read all the posts on this thread. It’s what makes this board run. It’s what keeps this board’s soul alive. For many of us, this board is what keeps us going when life gets us down. We can all be better. We have to be better. 

10395692186_63b83dda80_o.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Translation: FOCUSNESS!

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
9 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

If they ever do a remake of the 1960's TV Show "Lost In Space", I am going to suggest slo'neal play the part of the robot and dumbo the role of Dr. Smith.

Netflix did one a couple years ago

Do you guys even '90s pop culture?

p20923_v_v8_ab.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Netflix did one a couple years ago

And it was regrettable. I don't know why I had hopes for it, but I was interested and ... bleh.

24 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Do you guys even '90s pop culture?

p20923_v_v8_ab.jpg

I remember the trailer to this movie actually looking pretty badass. They did some kickass trailers in the 90's. I also feel like the movie sucked, but it's been 20+ years. 

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remember the trailer to this movie actually looking pretty badass. They did some kickass trailers in the 90's. I also feel like the movie sucked, but it's been 20+ years. 

True on all accounts.  When the year is 1998 and this guy is one of your main dramatic characters you're probably not going to kill it:

v1.bjsyMjY3NjQ2O2o7MTgyMDY7MTIwMDsyODAwO