Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, it sounds like they'd still take two more WRs out of the remaining three that they've been working on. Dixon brings the advantage of being a potential nickel or gadget back as well. Sounds like they want Fuonji to visit, they're working Dixon hard, and if nothing falls with both of them, that LVBS visit will happen. 

The desire to take four guys if they can get them is driven by new thoughts around attrition. It's reasonable to assume Moore ain't coming back and that someone like maybe a Woodard will want to transfer. 

They're at 21 + 2 WRs + Ringo + JUCO LB or White = 25 There's a decent shot that they could hit the max number, in my mind. Also decent shot of finishing at 23. 

While I recognize that multiple $9.95ers are stating that the Ringo hope is more fleeting than a fart in the wind, I continue to believe that Texas has more than a puncher's chance, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which is that there are major smoking embers inside the UGA camp being stoked by early rumors of an NCAA investigation. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

While I recognize that multiple $9.95ers are stating that the Ringo hope is more fleeting than a fart in the wind, I continue to believe that Texas has more than a puncher's chance, for multiple reasons. Not the least of which is that there are major smoking embers inside the UGA camp being stoked by early rumors of an NCAA investigation. 

Fwiw, IT and 247 have been more bullish on Ringo the last few weeks

• Like 2

So, it sounds like they'd still take two more WRs out of the remaining three that they've been working on. Dixon brings the advantage of being a potential nickel or gadget back as well. Sounds like they want Fuonji to visit, they're working Dixon hard, and if nothing falls with both of them, that LVBS visit will happen. 

The desire to take four guys if they can get them is driven by new thoughts around attrition. It's reasonable to assume Moore ain't coming back and that someone like maybe a Woodard will want to transfer. 

They're at 21 + 2 WRs + Ringo + JUCO LB or White = 25 There's a decent shot that they could hit the max number, in my mind. Also decent shot of finishing at 23. 

That is a lot of attrition. I look at the team and I still see problems with lack of explosive plays on offense. It is hard to tell what we have on the roster that would fix that. Next year, will Smith take the next step or do we need a better slot receiver? Do we have a 3rd receiver after Eagles? Do we have a good option at TE? On defense, there seems to be holes all over the place. We get no pass rush. The loss of Roach won't help that. Our LBs are perfectly average. The loss of Shark won't help. We have one solid corner. Will Jamison or Cook take the next step? Basically, we have to get Ringo. We have to get a stud pass rusher on the DL which isn't happening so we will need to manufacture pressure. And we have to get a LB which doesn't seem to be happening either. Maybe one of Tillman or Gbenda will step up but I think we will still have too much bread seeing playing time.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 13

It looks to me like we're at 20 right now and you didn't mention Collins.  Is your 21 assuming he's in?

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That is a lot of attrition. I look at the team and I still see problems with lack of explosive plays on offense. It is hard to tell what we have on the roster that would fix that. Next year, will Smith take the next step or do we need a better slot receiver? Do we have a 3rd receiver after Eagles? Do we have a good option at TE? On defense, there seems to be holes all over the place. We get no pass rush. The loss of Roach won't help that. Our LBs are perfectly average. The loss of Shark won't help. We have one solid corner. Will Jamison or Cook take the next step? Basically, we have to get Ringo. We have to get a stud pass rusher on the DL which isn't happening so we will need to manufacture pressure. And we have to get a LB which doesn't seem to be happening either. Maybe one of Tillman or Gbenda will step up but I think we will still have too much bread seeing playing time.

Dorbah and/or Collins depending on what size you're thinking of

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I have no concerns about Smith in the slot. He already has four TDs as a summer enrolling freshman

X is a question for next year, and it’ll probably be Marcus Washington, although Eagles to X and someone like Woodard, Lewis, or Johnston to Z could work too 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dorbah and/or Collins depending on what size you're thinking of

Dorbah is who I would hope but it seems like right now we are looking at him as a B Backer. He may be a little small to hold up on the line. Unfortunately, it really seems like we need a unicorn - someone who can hold up against the run and get a strong pass rush. There are guys like that in the NFL but not too many in college ball. And all the DL we are getting seem great at getting a push and hitting gaps but don't seem like natural pass rushers. So, I would hope that next year Orlando sees a need to bring a rush from the B-Backer position and just is avoiding it now because of the average corner play.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

jack nicholson yes GIF

41:15 - 49:00

Listener questions send Looch into more rants. "What would happen if we lost to Arkansas?" "Has the modern, fast game passed by Jimbo's old coaching style and technique?" (😬😂) He talks about some Longhorns troll that keeps tweeting at him (which one of you?), and even let's out that *gulp* Texas is better than aggy right now. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0122348-jbaz.mp3

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

if fired before Jan 2023, he is owed 70% of his remaining salary & compensation, like $9m

Bielema is paid $320k/month until the end of 2020

Ark has money but paying those two guys 500k a month + the new coach's buyout/salary is a bit much there...

https://footballscoop.com/news/chad-morris-contract-buyout-situation-arkansas/

Ouch

17 minutes ago, gurt said:

What a bizarre post. So the true freshman who has 4 TDs in his first 4 games isn’t cutting it for ya?

Reading comprehension. The true freshman is good. Is he great? Will he spread the field and provide explosive plays? Do we need a backup or starter in this recruiting class? Is what we have an equal or better replacement for Duvernay?

This year we are losing our top 2 receivers. Sure we have guys to replace them. So when those replacements come in is our receiver group going to be better, equal, or worse. We have Eagles and Smith and then we have question marks. And even with Smith, I'm not sure he is the one to be the difference maker between a good offense and a great one. I'm not convinced he will be equal to or better than Duvernay. If you think that is an attack on his ability, I don't know what to tell you. All I'm talking about is that we lack explosive playmakers that may or may not be on campus.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 14

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you don't think Eagles and Smith are explosive playmakers, I don't know what to tell you. And they'll have another full year of Yancy/training and a lot more targets without CJ/Duvernay around.

I was trying to edit my earlier post but was too slow. Edits are below what I previously typed. And my last comments are not at all directed toward you. All of it was written before I saw your post but it does pertain to your post.

Reading comprehension. The true freshman is good. Is he great? Will he spread the field and provide explosive plays? Do we need a backup or starter in this recruiting class? Is what we have an equal or better replacement for Duvernay?

This year we are losing our top 2 receivers. Sure we have guys to replace them. So when those replacements come in is our receiver group going to be better, equal, or worse. We have Eagles and Smith and then we have question marks. And even with Smith, I'm not sure he is the one to be the difference maker between a good offense and a great one. I'm not convinced he will be equal to or better than Duvernay. If you think that is an attack on his ability, I don't know what to tell you. All I'm talking about is that we lack explosive playmakers that may or may not be on campus.

It is stupid to think we will have no holes on offense next year. Our line is good. We lose three but we have loads of talent coming in. We still may need a grad transfer. Our running back room will be great next year as long as Ingram stays healthy and Bijan comes in ready. Everyone knows what we have at QB. And yes, we could potentially use Whittington more in the passing game to help with explosive plays. But, we will need equal or better play at TE and WR. It is hard to tell what Wiley and Liebrock will look like next year and if Leiato or Brewer will make major strides.

The WR room has a ton of guys but it is hard to tell who will step up. Smith and Eagles seem very good. Eagles in particular will shine in a starters role. He will add some explosive plays for the offense. Smith, may or may not equal Duvernay's production. Then the third receiver we hope will be Washington but it is a little unclear currently.

If you don't want to talk about recruiting as it pertains to the field of play, that is fine. But don't act like a condescending dick when someone wants to have an actual discussion regarding how recruiting will fill in gaps in our current roster or what is lacking on our current team. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Cashcar said:

So you’re doubling down on this terrible fucking take? Our skill position talent is a major improvement under Herman. Eagles, Smith, Washington, QJ, etc are all guys any team in the nation would take at WR. Not to mention we could slide JW back to WR if necessary.

Smith and Eagles have both produced explosive plays already. These guys are gonna be excellent next season. If you can’t see that, go fuck off to the Aggy board.

You are quite the pussy. Yeah, we are perfect. No need to improve the roster. Really, no need to even look at the roster. We are already better than everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9