Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

On 11/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

So since this seems like it's going to be a year with a bunch of head-to-head battles with aggy in-state, I took a look at the in-state top 30 and decided to see how things stand with each recruit atm.  I'll also add a couple of other guys that we may both be in on.  Feel free to add on or correct anything I may have messed up on with a recruit.

#1  Zach Evans - Probably comes down to Texas/aggy.  Has visited Texas more and blown off aggy several times.  Brother seems to be pro Texas.  Will go all the way to NSD2.

#2  Jase McClellan - OUsucks commit

#3 Demond Demas - Aggy commit, but will go down to the end.  Has visited Texas a bunch.  

#4 Dwight McGlothern - Supposed aggy lean with some influence from "Uncle Ro".  Twitter is very pro Texas lately.  Probably have to say aggy atm.

#5 RJ Mickens - Aggy legacy.  Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has some picks to tOSU.

#6 Ja'Quinden Jackson - Seems like Texas's to lose.  Haven't seen him associated with aggy any.

#7 Branard Wright - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Seems SEC bound ( LSU, Bama', aggy ).

#8 Lorando Johnson - Doesn't have a Texas offer.  Has an aggy offer but aggy mod Sayles says he has no interest in them.

#9 Drew Sanders - OUsucks commit.  No Texas offer.

#10 Chad Lindberg - Heavy Texas lean.  Doesn't seem like aggy is really in this one.

#11 Troy Omeire - Supposed aggy lean ( has 100% CB picks ).  Has visited Texas several times recently and likes what the big WR's are doing in our offense.

#12 Seth McGowen - Haven't really heard much with him and aggy.

#13 EJ Smith - Doesn't have a Texas offer.

#14 Malik Hornsby - Supposedly gave aggy a silent after the Clemson moral victory.  Has since backed off and will make the SEC rounds.  Texas has it's QB who is just as good minus the entourage and Uncle's.

#15 Chris Thompson - Will be a big battle with aggy.  He's been Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory.  Recently visited Texas and things may be turning in this recruitment.

#16 Hudson Card - Texas commit

#17 Darius Snow - Haven't seen him mentioned with aggy.  Texas or OOS.

#18 Logan Parr - Texas commit

#19 Bryson Washington - Texas looks good.  Haven't really seen him mentioned with aggy.

#20 Marvin Mims - I honestly know nothing with this kid. 

#21 - Alec Bryant - Wants a Texas offer.  Still TBD.  No aggy offer ( I don't think? ).

#22 - Courtland Ford - LSU commit.

#23 - Jaylon Jones - One of the biggest battles with aggy we'll have this cycle.  Supposed aggy lean after the Clemson moral victory, this recruitment has shifted towards Texas, including a Wiltfong pick to Texas.  Was at aggy for LSU game though.

#24 DJ Graham - Another recruitment I really know nothing about.

#25 James Sylvester - Heavy aggy lean, but loves Texas and would be a change in his recruitment if we offer.  Still TBD.

#26 - Vernon Broughton - Looks like we are in a good spot here.  Has visited a couple of times.  Was at aggy for the LSU game though.  Must get IMO.

#27 Akinola Ogunbiyi - Aggy commit.  Not sure how much we are pressing.

#28 Collin Sullivan - Doesn't look like either is a factor here.

#29 Prince Dorbah - Texas looks good here and he doesn't hold an aggy offer.

#30 Damien George - Not sure how much of a priority he is for aggy with 4 OL commits.  Also not sure where he stands on the Texas board.

Other recruits of note:

Jaylen Garth - Looks good for Texas, should be able to land him.  He was at the LSU game.

Alfred Collins - Was Fong'd to aggy after the Clemson moral victory, but has since been offered by Texas and seems like ours to lose.

Also this was fun to look back on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The Epps obsession from (checks notes ...) yep, Drew fucking Mehringer is ridiculous. They're pathologically committed to a guy that has shown nothing but the ability to play really small for a huge man during game time. He's fucking brutal to watch out there. An absolute negative WAR example if there ever was one. We have some sort of craven addiction to fucking up personnel choices every season at WR. It took these stumblefucks 3 fucking years to realize, "Eureka! I've got it! We should be playing Devin Duvernay in the slot!". Motherfuck. 

Washington should not be redshirting and he should be playing X for the duration of the season when CJ can't go. Epps is flat out costing the team with every snap he's taking. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Going to watch Duncanville play tonight in Lake Highlands. Aside from Jackson, which other prospects should I watch for and are the Horns involved with any?

Info would be appreciated. 

Savion Byrd on Duncanville: https://247sports.com/Player/Savion-Byrd-46078964/

Kendrick Blackshire is also on DHS. He's hurt, but he'll be a fun one to spot on the sideline: https://247sports.com/Player/Kendrick-Blackshire-46042943/

D5cmYShWwAEEX5T.jpg

• Like 2