Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Collins should be a fucking 5 star. It is comical to witness where he’s ranked versus what he’s going to do in college. The $9.95ers will claim that no one saw it coming. We said on this thread a year ago that he should be a 5 star. 

Maybe they're waiting until he commits so they can give him the BOMC bounce? 

I think JQJ is underrated as a passer and not just because he threw 5 TD;s last night.  He looks significantly farther along than Roschon was at the same point, to me.  He throws ropes with decent to good accuracy and sees the field well when he breaks the pocket.  He does need to learn to step up from edge pressure, which is something Sam took a year in college to learn (having a decent OL helps) but still fights on occasion. If you are a plus athlete you learn to bail around edge pressure in HS because you are rewarded but in college is just helps the defense squeeze the field.  JQJ's running game looks a lot like Sam's to me as well.  He's got that same dead lead move, decent but not great speed, and is hard to tackle in a phone booth.  The comparison of their games will end or continue, when we eventually find out how well he can command the offense.

46 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think JQJ is underrated as a passer and not just because he threw 5 TD;s last night.  He looks significantly farther along than Roschon was at the same point, to me.  He throws ropes with decent to good accuracy and sees the field well when he breaks the pocket.  He does need to learn to step up from edge pressure, which is something Sam took a year in college to learn (having a decent OL helps) but still fights on occasion. If you are a plus athlete you learn to bail around edge pressure in HS because you are rewarded but in college is just helps the defense squeeze the field.  JQJ's running game looks a lot like Sam's to me as well.  He's got that same dead lead move, decent but not great speed, and is hard to tackle in a phone booth.  The comparison of their games will end or continue, when we eventually find out how well he can command the offense.

If he really commits to QB he will be an absolute monster and perfect fit for Herman’s offense

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yes but is he a heady corch on the field? Does he own or have access to a lunch pail? Forearm girth?! These are the questions that need to be asked!!

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Bijan is a freak of nature. I haven't been this excited about a RB recruit since Ced. Bijan is a cheat code. 

yeah he’s good for sure but he’s playing children.  just no way to know how good he really is.  would 6A texas hs defenders allow 15 yards a carry?  not saying he shouldn’t be a 5-star but generational talent?  we’ll know in a year.  traylon shead put up video game numbers too. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

yeah he’s good for sure but he’s playing children.  just no way to know how good he really is.  would 6A texas hs defenders allow 15 yards a carry?  not saying he shouldn’t be a 5-star but generational talent?  we’ll know in a year.  traylon shead put up video game numbers too. 

Also true. But, unlike Shead, he did go to the opening, and other camps and came out #1 at his position. He's also not a pussy like Evans. It doesn't mean anything until the pads come on, but like Jake Smith, you can just tell he's a difference maker. 

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Also true. But, unlike Shead, he did go to the opening, and other camps and came out #1 at his position. He's also not a pussy like Evans. It doesn't mean anything until the pads come on, but like Jake Smith, you can just tell he's a difference maker. 

yeah I agree with all that.