Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

bowl GIF

If you like Nintendo.... Enjoy 🤘

The Eyes of Texas

https://m.soundcloud.com/cuppy-cup/the-eyes-of-texas-8-bit-nintendo-school-song

Texas Fight

https://m.soundcloud.com/cuppy-cup/8-bit-nintendo-texas-fight-longhorns?in=cuppy-cup/sets/college-fight-songs-8-bit

Beat the Hell out of OU !!! 🤘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

These photos are sick. Our media/graphics dept still has a ways to go to be on this level. 

The set on the right is cool, but nothing groundbreaking. The one on the left is so badly lit that Kelee blends into the background, highlighting the ok photoshop of the window/field instead. Too bad because it looks like a lot of effort went into the medieval set dressing.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

TDs on 42% of his carries. 

So not even half the time.

I expect that stat to drop some in college with the better competition he will be facing.  If he can keep it around 20% in college I feel he will be just fine.  

Pay me $9.95

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Very cool. Thanks for pulling these.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Yessss it's time for midgame overreaction recruiting posts.

I'll get my overreaction out there...I'm a little concerned about Princely flipping to OU after this performance. He wants to play in a defense where the dline makes plays, well OU's dline made a shitload of plays today. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, ChemicalHorn said:

To be fair, never in a million years did I expect OUs d to make our o line their bitch and Epps is trash. D  doing as well as we could’ve expected. This game is on the o line.

OK let's go through what he's asking for:

Non-project OL: EVERY OL is a project. Look at Kenyon Green playing matador at aggy.

Small outside WRs: Why? Tall is good outside. Epps is mediocre, but that's a strange obssession Meh has. Hopefully he gets supplanted by Washington. Plus, Sam keeps underthrowing them instead of letting them jump over those little OU DBs.

TEs that can play: Liebrock and Wiley are in the redshirt slow-cooker.

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Non-project OL: EVERY OL is a project. Look at Kenyon Green playing matador at aggy.

Small outside WRs: Why? Tall is good outside. Epps is mediocre, but that's a strange obssession Meh has. Hopefully he gets supplanted by Washington. Plus, Sam keeps underthrowing them instead of letting them jump over those little OU DB

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Small outside WRs: Why? Tall is good outside. Epps is mediocre, but that's a strange obssession Meh has. Hopefully he gets supplanted by Washington. Plus, Sam keeps underthrowing them instead of letting them jump over those little OU DBs.

TEs that can play: Liebrock and Wiley are in the redshirt slow-cookerEh, fair enough. O line isn’t a recruiting problem - game plan and coaching today look like shit. Outside of you’re Walker Littles, there aren’t plug and play o line men. TE is hard to recruit - see OU starting a former walk on once their guy got hurt. 

We agree on Epps. WR depth chart is a wasteland between the Sr and Fr class, outside of Eagles who also hasn’t done shit today. 

Edited by ChemicalHorn
Ahh fuck it. Drinking and on my phone. Can’t fix it. OU sucks. This game sucks.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Thank Christ we've moved away from that era. Although slow-playing Dashaun White was nearly as dumb as the Murray recruitment.

I'd take White. Our linebackers suck outside of Ossai. In fact a lot of the defensive personnel are not "Texas good". The JUCO DL...Chisholm, Jacoby Jones, are JAGs. We've got two upperclassmen on the DL (Wilbon & Christmas Giles) that suck so bad they can't even get in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I'd take White. Our linebackers suck outside of Ossai. In fact a lot of the defensive personnel are not "Texas good". The JUCO DL...Chisholm, Jacoby Jones, are JAGs. We've got two upperclassmen on the DL (Wilbon & Christmas Giles) that suck so bad they can't even get in the game. 

Injuries are putting sucky LBs on the field. Tillman and DGF should be a vast improvement.