Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Would you be looking for diamonds in the rough? Lunch pail guys that really want to be Longhorns? Give me the 3 stars that want to be here over these premadonna 4 and 5 stars, I say!

Nah, just guys like Ja'Mycle Hasty and Pooka Williams that torture us for four years  

Mike at Night: Where does Texas go from here?

—Texas lost a piece of their class today when four-star Manor DL Princely Umanmielen decommitted. The suddenness was a bit of a shock, but I’ve had an eye on Umanmielen as a potential defector since he committed. He made his decision during the summer at a time when A&M was the perceived leader, and he talked at length about how he felt he didn’t fit the scheme at Texas. I saw Umanmielen two weeks ago and he told me that he was still firmly committed, but as I wrote then, any time a player is taking visits you have to worry about them.

—I’m not sure which direction the staff will go in now that Umanmielen is no longer committed. I believe they will continue to recruit the local prospect and may even win him back, but I don’t typically have a ton of optimism when it comes to something like that. I think it’s likely that Texas will look at senior film for some of the others they’ve evaluated over the last year, and it’s possible they re-engage for some. I’ll have a closer look at a few targets tomorrow afternoon.

—I wish I could say this class was done with decommitments, but I think there is still movement on the horizon. I’ve reported consistently that I believed Joshua Eaton would take the opportunity to look around and I feel he will be next. Both Eaton and Umanmielen had similar recruitments, and Eaton has been looking since Texas had their first bye week. If he leaves, I expect it to be a quick switch to Oklahoma. In fact, I’ve entered a crystal ball flipping in favor of the Sooners.

—I checked in with some sources close to four-star defensive lineman Alfred Collins, and everything sounds positive following his official visit to Austin. My pick has been on Texas for quite some time, and I’ve heard nothing that would make me change it at this point. Unless a major curveball is coming, I expect Collins to be a part of this class.

Roach flipped his CB pick for Eaton to blOU (obviously)

8 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

There will be some senior tape for underrated players that will rise to the top.  If I was a Big 12 coach looking for a RB,  I would look no further than Montavien Hunt at Jasper.  Fast shifty mofo.  

Like he said, we’d be looking like fucking aggy. Senior tape for late risers is how you close out the last two spots in your class. Not foundational spots at key positions, particularly ones that are currently weak on our roster. 

that’s as aggy as a fucking justification as there is, man. Why don’t you fucking add diamonds int the rough to complete the imagery? Own the fact that this is not ok. 

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Eaton has been in the works. Fillinger is probably more about location (performance doesn’t help). Pouncey just went silent and Florida was the biggest competition before committing, that one sounds like more speculation

I would think pounceys older brother is a factor here.  He hardly plays.  

Eagles is the one missed practice

Anwar- "There have been a lot of rumors out there this this week, and here has been what I have been able to gather so far.

Texas sophomore receiver Brennan Eagles has missed an undisclosed amount of practices this week for personal reasons, according to multiple sources. As of Thursday morning, it is unclear if Eagles will travel to face TCU on Saturday.

My sources have not revealed the reasons why Eagles missed practice this week. It does not appear to be related to his physical health, and I do not want to speculate about what might be going on behind-the-scenes. Right now, the best I can do is inform you of the situation, and I expect the specifics about what is going on this inside the building will be revealed in the future.

I will keep you posted."

15 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Nahlin is saying it's because of playing time and practice on Sun 

eagles is mormon? if i were a player, after the shitshowing on the previous day, i would fully expect my ass to run up and down the field the next day.

what does he think this is, intramurals?

maxresdefault.jpg

"It's Division I football! It's the Big 12! It ain't intramurals!"

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Nahlin is saying it's because of playing time and practice on Sun 

Playing time?!  I don't have the stats, but my eyes tell me he's been on the field more than any receiver not named Duvernay.  The fuck is going on?

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

The timing is really strange.

- last year, he had 1 catch all season (after supposedly playing in 11 games??)

- this year, he had 5 vs. LSU for over 100 yards

- then went through 3 one-catch games

- 6 for 76 vs. KU ... after that, he had issues with playing time??

Second in yards, second in TDs, fourth in receptions (couple behind CJ)

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And then this.

On OL Javonne Shepherd...24/7 mentioned there's no chance of him returning and his locker has been cleaned out.

He's had a few run-ins with teammates since arriving on campus, and supposedly told DE Princely Umanmielen that he shouldn't sign with Texas.

Birds of a feather...this is a good thing IMO.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

And then this.

On OL Javonne Shepherd...24/7 mentioned there's no chance of him returning and his locker has been cleaned out.

He's had a few run-ins with teammates since arriving on campus, and supposedly told DE Princely Umanmielen that he shouldn't sign with Texas.

That's the risk of recruiting a flake like Shepherd. I highly doubt his words would've meant anything if Orlando's defense didn't suck shit through a straw though.