Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

38 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

There’s only one Kate, and she’s leading into the “home stretch”.

spacer.png

Some of you are a bunch of wusses. Supposedly she just got divorced so she probably hasn't had sex in the last couple of hours. Some of you need to find her and nail her on behalf of this board. That would mean a lot more than posting a couple of pictures. Now get to work.

Clint Buckley: Horns commit Quentin Johnston believes UT will 'come back stronger'

In the midst of the Texas Longhorns’ midseason struggles, future Horns receiver Quentin Johnston is going through them as well during his senior season. An injury to his starting quarterback at Temple has impacted Johnston’s performance on the field. The starter, Vance Willis, returned to action Friday night but was noticeably rusty and split time with his sophomore backup. It all added up to a 52-28 loss to Waco Midway, which snapped Temple’s seven-game winning streak.

Johnston, who caught up with Horns247 following the game, finished the night with two catches for 64 yards. “At times,” Johnston said when asked if this stretch of games has been frustrating for him personally. “But I understand that Vance is not all the way 100 and we have a sophomore quarterback coming in, and he’s doing his best. I just take that selfishness off myself and invest into him as far as getting him going and getting him ready. It’s just a bunch of encouragement on my part.”

One bright spot from the other night was having Texas head coach Tom Herman and assistant Corby Meekins on hand to watch Johnston in person. “It’s cool,” Johnston said. “It’s definitely a motivating feeling.” Johnston said he is still 100 percent committed to Texas and plans on taking his official visit to Austin sometime in December. He said he’s not fazed by his future team’s current stretch.

“Every good team has its ups and downs,” Johnston said. “I’m seeing how they’re gonna build off of that, and I believe that they are gonna come back stronger than they are right now.” At 6-foot-4, 180 pounds, Johnston is the No. 80 ranked prospect overall in the nation, the No. 13 ranked receiver in the country, and the No. 11 ranked player in Texas according to 247Sports Composite Rankings.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, bEastTexas said:

I talked to an acquaintance  who knows Jamison’s dad through AAU track and they were thinking about transferring a couple games into the season because of playing time. Almost assuredly why he started over Cook against TCU because he bitches the loudest. 

Jamison listed as the sole starter at 1 CB spot while Green or Cook at the other spot. Fucking ridiculous 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, bEastTexas said:

I talked to an acquaintance  who knows Jamison’s dad through AAU track and they were thinking about transferring a couple games into the season because of playing time. Almost assuredly why he started over Cook against TCU because he bitches the loudest. 

Wait, wait, wait...who exactly do you think has been starting the past 4 games?