Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Futureman, keep doing your thing

I don’t know what you mean.  morris is a great coach and played an integral role in helping clemson ascend to the top of college football.  he would be an amazing hire.  hopefully he, herman, and del conte can get it figured out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

I don’t know what you mean.  morris is a great coach and played an integral role in helping clemson ascend to the top of college football.  he would be an amazing hire.  hopefully he, herman, and del conte can get it figured out. 

Maybe I'm stupid, but why wouldn't this be a good thing? Is there bad history with Herman and Morris?

24 minutes ago, futureman said:

I just know the "Herman and Morris being great friends" was something said with your tongue firmly inserted into your cheek.

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

can't help but noticed how much better the OL played once Angilou left.. Okafor looked good at RT, and Kerk looked better at RG

Which underscores another issue with the coaching staff. Too slow to replace weaknesses. Angilau has struggled since OU, but not once did the coaching staff try to split his game reps.

• Like 2

Cross posting from the Chad Morris thread...

Do any of you guys who follow recruiting know if Paxton Anderson (Jerry Jones’ grandson) got an offer this weekend?

And what’s all this shit about Herman and Morris hating each other?  Is there some kind of history there?  To my knowledge, they’ve never coached together have they?

I don’t follow recruiting at all. I just know a few things that pertain to all of this which may/may not mean something...

1) Herman was at Highland Park last Friday and I found it odd.  He could have been anywhere in the country on his one free Friday of the football season and he was there.  I thought maybe Prince Dorbah was having second thoughts and Herman was there for him.  Still, it seemed like a lot for that as Prince, at least publicly, seems solid.

2) I don’t think Chandler Morris has an offer from UT.  He’s obviously a solid commit to Arkansas (or he was before his dad got fired), but he does have several other offers from quite a few real schools, including ousux.  So, it’s not just “my dad is Chad Morris” offers...kid appears to be somewhat legit.  Outside of Prince, not sure who else at Highland Park Herman would have been here for.

3) Paxton Anderson and his mom were all over social media on what looked to be an official visit yesterday at UT.  And she was congratulating him and saying how proud she is (see below).  I know 24/7 shows no offers, but I’m almost positive he has an offer from Arkansas which isn’t surprising at all just from a “my grandpa’s Jerry Jones” standpoint.  But that’s not listed on 24/7 either.

Could be a package deal that includes Chad, Paxton, Chandler (and Prince who was already committed before this) and some of that Jerry Jone money.  Chad will arguably be the best Offensive Coordinator available and he’s from Austin so that makes sense.  Unless the hate each other which I don’t know what to believe. And now that their Arkansas pipeline has been at least somewhat diminished (assuming firing Chad Morris was a bit of a fuck you to Jerry as that was his hand-picked guy), along with the timing of all of it, there could be something to it.

Or maybe this is all just internet speculation and there’s nothing to any of it.  But, it’s a lot more fun to think there’s something to it.  I’ll keep my ear to the ground and report back if I find anything out.

23 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I think I remember someone mentioning from TOS that Herman wanted Morris as his OC in Houston but the buyout was too much.

Yeah not sure where this “they hate each other” shit is coming from.  Just checked their resumes and they’ve never coached together or even against each other (at least very regularly).  Two years of Houston playing SMU maybe?  Seems like a reach.  Not sure where the opportunity would have even been to develop a hatred.

Edited by Landomatic