Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

It doesn't matter where these kids get drafted if it isn't the first round. Ou will have 2 or 3 first rounders this year. Last 2 years we know how they faired in the draft. Hs Kids above all want to get paid. Thats the reason they go to Bama clemson and other programs. Our team hasn't gotten many of our players paid in recent memory 

I agree and definitely think he should come back. Just saying that based on recent history I don’t expect it. Seems like once these kids make up their minds that they’re gone (possibly before their junior seasons even start), that’s all she wrote.

40 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Cosmi hasn't been good this year. His draft stock can't be worth leaving early.

CJ's slide is more due to injury than anything. He's been good when healthy (we certainly missed him yesterday)

Could Duv be a high pick with his breakout year? He should test well 

Duvernay is our only hope of a 1st rounder and he’ll have to test off the charts.  He’s fast, but his play on the field doesn’t show 4.3, 10.2 speed. His extra weight may have slowed him down from when he did run these times and a high 4.4 guy, even with great hands, may not get into the 2nd.  If he can get into the low 4.3s with good testing in the other combine events, then he’ll have a chance at sneaking into the 1st. 

4 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Duvernay is our only hope of a 1st rounder and he’ll have to test off the charts.  He’s fast, but his play on the field doesn’t show 4.3, 10.2 speed. His extra weight may have slowed him down from when he did run these times and a high 4.4 guy, even with great hands, may not get into the 2nd.  If he can get into the low 4.3s with good testing in the other combine events, then he’ll have a chance at sneaking into the 1st. 

The WR class this year is stacked. Duvernay has no chance to go in the first round. He and Collin are both Day 3 guys. Duvernay has a small chance to go late on Day 2 but I don't think it's likely given how many other great WRs there are. 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Cosmi hasn't been good this year. His draft stock can't be worth leaving early.

CJ's slide is more due to injury than anything. He's been good when healthy (we certainly missed him yesterday)

Could Duv be a high pick with his breakout year? He should test well 

Johnson was always going to be a day three guy. Cosmi hasn’t been horrible and I wouldn’t say he’s regressed either. His left guard never passed protected ever so that might have something to do with it. Still,  cosmi should still probably stay just to really solidify his game (the LSU game showed Cosmi’s future ability). As for Duv, he could sneak in the early/mid second round honestly if his testing numbers are great. 

10 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah we should probably start looking for diamonds in the rough now - beat the Christmas rush.

I want guys that want to be here no matter what over guys who only want to be here when everybody wants to be here because we're good and winning and getting good players that want to be here because we are good and winning!

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

He's been solid but he's not a 1st rounder. But that's good for this team next year if he comes back.

Yeah, I don't know that he's a first rounder after this year at this point, but was responding to posts up thread outright saying he isn't good. That's dumb. I'd  imagine he'll get the "go back to school feedback." He's only a third year OL, first year LT. Very few third year OL get drafted. OL benefit from that extra year as much as QBs do.

5 hours ago, EZ$ said:

how many slot receivers have ever gone in the first round?

On 11/16/2019 at 9:02 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Glass half-full? None of this shit matters when your coaching staff sucks.

maybe that’s half-empty. Whatever.

This is where I'm at. I used to love following recruiting but honestly who gives a fuck anymore? Until things change with the coaching staff and the sad-sack program culture we've been stuck with for the last 10 years, it doesn't matter if we stockpile a roster full of 5-stars, or 3-stars.

The "who's-getting-drafted-where" conversation is asinine, too. My rule of thumb is to add 4 rounds to whatever our fans are saying about any of our players. Works like clockwork every year. LOL at Duvernay in the 1st. Love the guy, great player for us, but he's a 4th-5th rounder at best. CJ might sneak into the 6th or 7th based on physical attributes and nothing else. Brandon Jones is a stone cold lock for UDFA. Remember when Caden Sterns looked like a future 1st rounder? God our program is fucking depressing right now.

• Like 5

Someone who hangs out with a lot of the football players says Whittington and jake Smith are probably going to enter the transfer portal. Opens up more spots. Could be total bs. Hopefully it is.

Smith, sure. There’s been plenty of smoke there, so I wouldn’t be too surprised. Bad decision, but it wouldn’t be out of the blue. But Whittington would be a huge shock. All signs point to him loving it here.

Smith, sure. There’s been plenty of smoke there, so I wouldn’t be too surprised. Bad decision, but it wouldn’t be out of the blue. But Whittington would be a huge shock. All signs point to him loving it here.

That’s what I thought. He’s injured too so he can’t be mad he’s not getting playing time. I’m hoping it’s just bs. But I do remember ctj saying something about the bru McCoy situation and and bru was getting in Whittingtons head. Or something like that. Maybe it was another player.

InsideTexas: The Inside Scoop

By: Justin Wells and Eric Nahlin

TEAM

A frustrated locker room became much more so after the shorter version of this post-game exchange filtered its way to the players. Question: "Did they just out-coach you today in terms of Xs and Os?" Answer: "No, I'd never say we got out-coached. We continue to make adjustments and they had a couple of wrinkles they adjusted to. We felt like we were putting our guys in good position. But it's really hard to tell without watching the film all the answers to give you. We felt like we were making some sound in-game adjustments."

Perhaps Herman is just saving face for a group of coaches he knows are on the hot seat. Maybe he's telling recruits issues on the coaching staff are being overblown. But when you say you didn't get out-coached, minutes after you got out-coached, it puts the blame on the players. The insinuation is they didn't execute a good game plan or adjustments, but they were there to be made. Accountability is the number one pillar of a strong culture and it should start at the top.

Herman also seems to think coaching is a 60 minute window on Saturday. Clearly he was out-coached during the week. The Iowa State staff had the Texas staff dead to rights from the opening kick. Things were so bad Cyclones players were taunting Texas players by saying they knew what they were going to run, and all too often, they were right. The same thing happened in the Kansas game and I imagine many others.

Player frustration is exacerbated by Herman running such a regimented program. Players are beginning to wonder what are they going through all this for when they're getting beaten by teams with much lesser demands. These players know how other programs are run because they're friends with players from countless different schools. The players feel like they do everything asked of them and it's all for naught. They highly suspect the disconnect is coaching.

While that locker room was the worst its been all season I still expect the team to play with maximum effort versus Baylor. The players don't like that program going back throughout the decade and there are positive incentives to winning out. Nobody wants to return to the Texas Bowl. 

Notes:

Junior Angilau returned to practice on Sunday. I'm unsure if he'll play but he has returned. Josh Thompson is cleared to return but if they play him they are doing him and themselves a huge disservice. The season is over for all intents and purposes; play some younger guys if you absolutely have to. You're messing with another year of school for him, plus he adds value to the 2021 team. 

I asked if any younger guys were making noise on scout team: Tyler Johnsons' play strength was mentioned. It's still unclear if he'll be a tackle or guard but he moves better than Denzel Okafor so we know right tackle is possible. Kennedy Lewis was also mentioned for his speed and ability to make contested catches in the air. On defense, I heard most of the guys are already with the 1st and 2nd teamers but Myron Warren has potential long-term.

Remember when Herman was hired and I said Greg Ward bailed the U of H coaches out of a lot of bad decisions and play calls? They should let Ehlinger do the same. There are some coaching issues behind the scenes that we can only shake our head at but we want to give the staff the benefit of finishing the season and then seeing how Herman responds to those issues.

STATE OF RECRUITING 

As the team spins its tires in the middle of the Big 12 this year, the recruiting class is staying intact for the most part. I think if Texas finishes 7-5 heading into its bowl game, they'll still likely land a Top 10 class nationally, despite coming up well short of expectations on the field.  We're a month away from NSD1. Let's take the temperature on the few remaining targets and a handful of pledges. 

- DL Van Fillinger, Corner Canyon HS (Draper, UT): We'll start with the four-star DL commit. If there's one current pledge I'd worry about, it's Fillinger. The Army All American loves Texas and coach Oscar Giles, especially with how early UT got on him. He also loves his family, and his in-state school - Utah - is a bonafide Pac 12 contender this year. The Utes are pushing the right buttons at the moment. He's set to take his official visit to Austin in December. At this point, that OV looms very large. 

- RB Bijan Robinson, Salpointe Catholic (Tucson, AZ): Despite the inconsistent play from the offense, it appears the five-star ball-carrier is locked into Texas. Robinson's personality really helps here because he committed to UT for more than just football. His mother and family are huge fans of the school and the program. Others are pushing; Ohio State and LSU namely. But Tony Alford (fOSU RB coach) might have his eyes on a job in Fort Collins, while Baton Rouge isn't a culture fit for the speedy Arizona record holder. Because of Robinson's stature and importance, this will be a recruitment we'll watch until NSD1. But today, his horizon is still clad in burnt orange. 

- QB Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TX): There were whispers a few weeks ago that JQJ could be looking around, but I'm told Jackson is solid in his pledge. SMU still recruits him hard and OU is testing the waters, but the fact Texas wants him at his desired position of quarterback gives the Horns the edge. Thankfully, he's more focused on Duncanville's playoff run than UT's second half slump. 

- DL Alfred Collins, Cedar Creek (Bastrop, TX): This is another pursuit that can put your stomach in knots. Up to this point, Texas has done everything it can to ensure Collins signs with the good guys. Incredible relationship between coach Giles and Collins' family, proximity from home to campus, and his mother's burnt orange degree are all in UT's favor. He's a great fit, culturally and on the field with the ability to play multiple spots along the defensive line. Right now, It's Texas vs OU. I'm still giving the Horns the nod but Oklahoma is creeping from behind, slowly and surely. If the Grinch steals Collins, he might as well take Christmas too. One must wonder if there's a disconnect between what Alfred and his mother, even if ever so slight.

- ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (TX): While Keaontay's little brother is working on another state title run in ETX, I still think this recruitment is all but finished. I'd be shocked of Dixon lands elsewhere. And if you've watched his senior tape, you know he's a take on either side of the ball. 

- LB Jaqwondis Burns, IMG Academy (FL) via Terrell (TX): Burns got the red-carpet treatment on his official visit. He was shown where and how'd he fit on this UT defense as a Rover or B-backer, with potential to play Mac. But he's still committed to Ole Miss and doesn't want to make a final decision until after his official to Oxford in early December. I still believe UT can flip him, despite the product on the field the last two months. Being closer to home might help offset SEC narratives. 

- WR Loic Fouonji, Midland Lee (TX): If the long-legged four-star were a natural born Texan, I'd like UT's chances more. But as it stands, the breakout senior has built a great bond with the Texas Tech coaching staff. UT will continue to push, and getting him back on campus is imperative before NSD. Unlike Troy Omeire, who noticed the numbers that Devin Duvernay and the Texas receivers were putting up, Fouonji is more concerned with relationships.

- CB Kelee Ringo, Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ): Despite the crash of momentum Ringo still loves UT. Whether its enough to sway him away from Georgia or Oregon remains to be seen. But the staff has some hidden confidence here and hopes the ties (Coach Tim Beck's former school and current DB coach Bryant Westbrook) are enough to get him back on campus for his official next month. I'd feel more confident with an OV date. Still, you keep swinging. 

- ATH Taye McWilliams, Lamar Consolidated (TX): I'm not sure what the situation is here with McWilliams other than Baylor likes him at his natural position of running back, while UT views him as an athlete in the linebacker mold. If/when he visits, we'll know more, but for now we think he'll sign with Baylor as a running back.

- CB Dominick Hill, Jones HS (Orlando, FL): The three-star corner and South Carolina commit stays in touch with the Texas staff. He hails from the same school as current Horn LB Marcus Tillman (not sure that helps tbh). Texas is one of his 26 offers - Alabama, Auburn, OU, Florida, and Miami among the others - but I'm unsure which are committable and which aren't. He's said he's solid to the Gamecocks, but don't be surprised to see an official visit to Austin next month. Texas might try to replace one Florida corner (Pouncey) with another.

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

InsideTexas: The Inside Scoop

Reveal hidden contents

By: Justin Wells and Eric Nahlin

TEAM

A frustrated locker room became much more so after the shorter version of this post-game exchange filtered its way to the players. Question: "Did they just out-coach you today in terms of Xs and Os?" Answer: "No, I'd never say we got out-coached. We continue to make adjustments and they had a couple of wrinkles they adjusted to. We felt like we were putting our guys in good position. But it's really hard to tell without watching the film all the answers to give you. We felt like we were making some sound in-game adjustments."

Perhaps Herman is just saving face for a group of coaches he knows are on the hot seat. Maybe he's telling recruits issues on the coaching staff are being overblown. But when you say you didn't get out-coached, minutes after you got out-coached, it puts the blame on the players. The insinuation is they didn't execute a good game plan or adjustments, but they were there to be made. Accountability is the number one pillar of a strong culture and it should start at the top.

Herman also seems to think coaching is a 60 minute window on Saturday. Clearly he was out-coached during the week. The Iowa State staff had the Texas staff dead to rights from the opening kick. Things were so bad Cyclones players were taunting Texas players by saying they knew what they were going to run, and all too often, they were right. The same thing happened in the Kansas game and I imagine many others.

Player frustration is exacerbated by Herman running such a regimented program. Players are beginning to wonder what are they going through all this for when they're getting beaten by teams with much lesser demands. These players know how other programs are run because they're friends with players from countless different schools. The players feel like they do everything asked of them and it's all for naught. They highly suspect the disconnect is coaching.

While that locker room was the worst its been all season I still expect the team to play with maximum effort versus Baylor. The players don't like that program going back throughout the decade and there are positive incentives to winning out. Nobody wants to return to the Texas Bowl. 

Notes:

Junior Angilau returned to practice on Sunday. I'm unsure if he'll play but he has returned. Josh Thompson is cleared to return but if they play him they are doing him and themselves a huge disservice. The season is over for all intents and purposes; play some younger guys if you absolutely have to. You're messing with another year of school for him, plus he adds value to the 2021 team. 

I asked if any younger guys were making noise on scout team: Tyler Johnsons' play strength was mentioned. It's still unclear if he'll be a tackle or guard but he moves better than Denzel Okafor so we know right tackle is possible. Kennedy Lewis was also mentioned for his speed and ability to make contested catches in the air. On defense, I heard most of the guys are already with the 1st and 2nd teamers but Myron Warren has potential long-term.

Remember when Herman was hired and I said Greg Ward bailed the U of H coaches out of a lot of bad decisions and play calls? They should let Ehlinger do the same. There are some coaching issues behind the scenes that we can only shake our head at but we want to give the staff the benefit of finishing the season and then seeing how Herman responds to those issues.

STATE OF RECRUITING 

As the team spins its tires in the middle of the Big 12 this year, the recruiting class is staying intact for the most part. I think if Texas finishes 7-5 heading into its bowl game, they'll still likely land a Top 10 class nationally, despite coming up well short of expectations on the field.  We're a month away from NSD1. Let's take the temperature on the few remaining targets and a handful of pledges. 

- DL Van Fillinger, Corner Canyon HS (Draper, UT): We'll start with the four-star DL commit. If there's one current pledge I'd worry about, it's Fillinger. The Army All American loves Texas and coach Oscar Giles, especially with how early UT got on him. He also loves his family, and his in-state school - Utah - is a bonafide Pac 12 contender this year. The Utes are pushing the right buttons at the moment. He's set to take his official visit to Austin in December. At this point, that OV looms very large. 

- RB Bijan Robinson, Salpointe Catholic (Tucson, AZ): Despite the inconsistent play from the offense, it appears the five-star ball-carrier is locked into Texas. Robinson's personality really helps here because he committed to UT for more than just football. His mother and family are huge fans of the school and the program. Others are pushing; Ohio State and LSU namely. But Tony Alford (fOSU RB coach) might have his eyes on a job in Fort Collins, while Baton Rouge isn't a culture fit for the speedy Arizona record holder. Because of Robinson's stature and importance, this will be a recruitment we'll watch until NSD1. But today, his horizon is still clad in burnt orange. 

- QB Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TX): There were whispers a few weeks ago that JQJ could be looking around, but I'm told Jackson is solid in his pledge. SMU still recruits him hard and OU is testing the waters, but the fact Texas wants him at his desired position of quarterback gives the Horns the edge. Thankfully, he's more focused on Duncanville's playoff run than UT's second half slump. 

- DL Alfred Collins, Cedar Creek (Bastrop, TX): This is another pursuit that can put your stomach in knots. Up to this point, Texas has done everything it can to ensure Collins signs with the good guys. Incredible relationship between coach Giles and Collins' family, proximity from home to campus, and his mother's burnt orange degree are all in UT's favor. He's a great fit, culturally and on the field with the ability to play multiple spots along the defensive line. Right now, It's Texas vs OU. I'm still giving the Horns the nod but Oklahoma is creeping from behind, slowly and surely. If the Grinch steals Collins, he might as well take Christmas too. One must wonder if there's a disconnect between what Alfred and his mother, even if ever so slight.

- ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (TX): While Keaontay's little brother is working on another state title run in ETX, I still think this recruitment is all but finished. I'd be shocked of Dixon lands elsewhere. And if you've watched his senior tape, you know he's a take on either side of the ball. 

- LB Jaqwondis Burns, IMG Academy (FL) via Terrell (TX): Burns got the red-carpet treatment on his official visit. He was shown where and how'd he fit on this UT defense as a Rover or B-backer, with potential to play Mac. But he's still committed to Ole Miss and doesn't want to make a final decision until after his official to Oxford in early December. I still believe UT can flip him, despite the product on the field the last two months. Being closer to home might help offset SEC narratives. 

- WR Loic Fouonji, Midland Lee (TX): If the long-legged four-star were a natural born Texan, I'd like UT's chances more. But as it stands, the breakout senior has built a great bond with the Texas Tech coaching staff. UT will continue to push, and getting him back on campus is imperative before NSD. Unlike Troy Omeire, who noticed the numbers that Devin Duvernay and the Texas receivers were putting up, Fouonji is more concerned with relationships.

- CB Kelee Ringo, Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ): Despite the crash of momentum Ringo still loves UT. Whether its enough to sway him away from Georgia or Oregon remains to be seen. But the staff has some hidden confidence here and hopes the ties (Coach Tim Beck's former school and current DB coach Bryant Westbrook) are enough to get him back on campus for his official next month. I'd feel more confident with an OV date. Still, you keep swinging. 

- ATH Taye McWilliams, Lamar Consolidated (TX): I'm not sure what the situation is here with McWilliams other than Baylor likes him at his natural position of running back, while UT views him as an athlete in the linebacker mold. If/when he visits, we'll know more, but for now we think he'll sign with Baylor as a running back.

- CB Dominick Hill, Jones HS (Orlando, FL): The three-star corner and South Carolina commit stays in touch with the Texas staff. He hails from the same school as current Horn LB Marcus Tillman (not sure that helps tbh). Texas is one of his 26 offers - Alabama, Auburn, OU, Florida, and Miami among the others - but I'm unsure which are committable and which aren't. He's said he's solid to the Gamecocks, but don't be surprised to see an official visit to Austin next month. Texas might try to replace one Florida corner (Pouncey) with another.

lot more sunshine on the recruiting front than I thought, not sure I buy it

40 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

lot more sunshine on the recruiting front than I thought, not sure I buy it

Wells is the sunshine maker, the things he says on his Wednesday segments on 104.9 take some serious head in sand. I didn't give Bucky enough credit when he called Wells out last year or the one before, it was pretty great when Bucky said that dude(Wells) doesn't know his head from his ass. If I find that call, I'll add it to this post.

I've been traveling and unable to keep up with the blow-by-blow accounts of the season lately...both on and off the field. Which sounds like it's been to my distinct advantage. I'll circle back in a few weeks to see if anything changed for the better. Fingers crossed on that.

Ok thanks for the update! Kissy kissy

The Stampede: A look at the confidence board for the 2020 cycle

Following another loss on the field, the natural reaction is to wonder how the Longhorns’ struggles on the field will affect their recruiting off the field. As the Longhorns head down the final stretch of the 2020 recruiting cycle, they are involved in a number of recruitments and still trying to hold on to some of their own.

The Longhorns still have spots to fill in the current class, and they are in a dogfight for two of their prized out of state commits. The Longhorns could still finish the season and salvage their class if they can turn around their play on the field, but there’s no doubt that this season has been full of ups and downs on the recruiting trail.  So how will the 2020 cycle finish? The ending is still unwritten with two games left in the regular season for the Longhorns.

In this week’s edition of The Stampede, Horns247’s weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we bring you the return of the confidence board to show exactly where Texas sits with several of their priority targets and commits.

High

RB Bijan Robinson, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic – Without a doubt, Bijan Robinson is one of the biggest recruits in the last few years, and his recruitment has been a huge storyline throughout the fall. In speaking with sources out west, it sounds like Texas is in position to hold on to Robinson’s commitment, but each setback on the field could chip away. Ohio State and LSU remain in contact, and both are the hottest teams in the nation. For now, I’ll leave this commitment under high confidence, but results are subject to change based on the outcome of the season.

OLB Jaqwondis Burns, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy – Following Burns’ official visit to Texas a few weeks ago, the feedback I’ve heard has been strong. Burns visited Utah last weekend, but I don’t see them as a threat at this time. Burns will still officially visit Ole Miss where he’s currently committed before making a final decision, but there is a preference from his family for Burns to remain close to Dallas where he originally came from before transferring to IMG Academy.

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage – If I had to pinpoint a prospect, I feel most confident in landing at Texas, Dixon would be my pick. It seemed like Dixon was heading that way before the season, and the meltdown at Arkansas all but guarantees Dixon will be looking around. With his brother Keaontay Ingram set to be in Austin for at least another year, Dixon would have the chance to re-unite with him and play together.

Medium

WR Loic Fouonji, Midland Lee – Texas liked Fouonji enough in the spring to offer him, but they love him after a fall where he lit up the high school field and showed off his size and athleticism at the wide receiver position. Fouonji still has concerns over the Texas depth chart at receiver, and he has ties to nearby Texas Tech. I’d probably call this a 50/50 race right now with a slight edge to the Red Raiders right now.

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek – Had we done this board just a week ago, Collins would have been in the high category and probably close to a lock. In the last week, there’s been enough legitimate around Collins and Oklahoma that it would be foolish not to pay attention to it. I still feel that Texas sits in a good position, and I’d probably place my confident at 60% if asked to quantify it. That said, it’s concerning that the overwhelming confidence surrounding Collins just a few weeks ago is starting to evaporate a bit.

DL Van Fillinger, Draper (Utah) Corner Canyon – Fillinger is close to wrapping up his senior season, but Texas will likely have to sweat things out with the four-star prospect as in-state Utah presses to flip him. On the surface, Fillinger is saying the right things in regard to his commitment. Behind the scenes, there’s a feeling that Fillinger could be a wildcard. Fillinger is set to make an official visit to Texas in December, and the staff will have to do all they can to close the deal there. Fillinger is close to former Texas commit Princely Umanmielen, so he hasn’t been hearing the most glowing reviews following Umanmielen’s decommitment. Utah’s proximity and success on the field are making this very difficult for Texas.

Low

LB Josh White, Cy Creek – There has always been an underlying level of confidence in flipping White down the line, but I believe that ship is finally starting to sail. White seemed to still have some interest in the spring/summer, but that seems to have gone away as LSU solidified their position with an incredibly strong season. Unless something drastic happens, I expect White to sign in Baton Rouge when all is said and done.

CB Kelee Ringo, Scottsdale (Az.) Saguaro – Texas generated a ton of heat around the five-star cornerback target, and the Longhorns should still get their shot at an official visit before it’s all done. That said, it’s going to take a monumental effort to flip the script. Georgia is probably the final destination for Ringo, and Oregon probably sits ahead of Texas right now. The Longhorns aren't quite out of the race right now, but it's starting to come down to the wire.

ATH Taye McWilliams, Lamar Consolidated – This is a recruitment with a chance to move up the board provided McWilliams makes a visit, but right now it doesn’t sound like much is going on here. Baylor likes McWilliams as a running back, but Texas appears to be recruiting him as an athlete with an eye towards the linebacker position.  With Lamar Consolidated still in the playoffs, this could take a bit to really get moving.

WR LV Bunkley-Shelton, Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra – As we reported a month or so ago, Texas decided to move in a different direction at the position. Bunkley-Shelton told reporters following his jersey presentation for the Adidas All-American Bowl scheduled to take place in January that he planned to take an official visit to Austin in December, but I’d be surprised if he made the trip based on what I’ve heard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I don't wanna lose Collins or VF....  Shit, I thought Collins was a silent too

There was some speculation that he was, but silents don't mean shit. It's verbal confirmation that any given team is currently in the lead.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Every recent interview with Bijan is a neverending stream of "I'm committed for now" type stuff. Yet this is now the 2nd $9.95 projecting confidence. I think their source in Arizona is telling them what they want to hear.

If you read beyond the headlines, Robinson goes out of his way to say that people are playing telephone with his words and he is firmly committed to Texas barring any major (TH) staff changes. 

• Like 2

Wells is the sunshine maker, the things he says on his Wednesday segments on 104.9 take some serious head in sand. I didn't give Bucky enough credit when he called Wells out last year or the one before, it was pretty great when Bucky said that dude(Wells) doesn't know his head from his ass. If I find that call, I'll add it to this post.

Wells is completely football ignorant. His interviews are hilarious.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Wells is completely football ignorant. His interviews are hilarious.

Nov. 13th:  Justin Wells -- Inside Texas. (Tends to have rose colored glasses comments)

Starts at 1 min mark -- MidDay with Trey & BK

Edited by LTtxfan