okay, fuck it.  Let's do this. 

Projected 2020 offensive staff:

• OC/QB:  Graham Harrel
  • OWR/WR?: Rashaad Samples
  • IWR?  TE?:  Jeff Traylor
  • RB:  Stan Drayton
  • OL:  Herb Hand

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Per an IT poster, Super K is no longer optimistic we land Harrell.

Me irl:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

This was from late yesterday. Based on Super K's report that USC couldn't match our offer but Harrell still chose to stick with Helton... can't imagine the meeting in Houston went as well as the $9.95-ers claimed.

Is SuperK now reporting that Harrell is staying at USC?  I know he was walking back that 'Harrell to Texas'  was a sure thing - but is he now saying Texas is moving on to Option 2?

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Is SuperK now reporting that Harrell is staying at USC?  I know he was walking back that 'Harrell to Texas'  was a sure thing - but is he now saying Texas is moving on to Option 2?

He reported that USC didn't match our offer, and that he was no longer confident in his earlier prediction. This is all secondhand, I got it from someone who posted about it on IT and is treating it like Harrell rejected us.

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Edited by satyanash

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Seems like he as alluding the the fact that Herman is such a galactic douche that a rumored 100%+ raise wouldn't be worth worth it.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know Wells tries to get clever with his tweets. Don’t really like the “or even sooner” part of that tweet.

Must be nice to be successful and have a competent coaching staff that you can take a  chance on a first year coach.

As opposed to being a program so decimated by coaching incompetence that you desperately need to find proven coaches who can develop some of this talent on campus into productive and smart football players.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

When I spoke to his dad back in August, I got the feeling that he was enamored with UT.  Coach Samples (Reggie) lit up when mentioning Michelle Herman’s tweet about Rashad making a return to the 40 acres.  Granted, that’s been a while now.

I’ve seen this Michelle Herman tweet mentioned a few times now. Can someone post it?

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I know Herman is an asshole, but fuck. He's so toxic that people won't take a raise to coach with him. That alone tells me all I need to know about how much of a faget dipshit he is. 

Dude ... chillax a bit.

The Shag court has established beyond reasonable doubt that Herman's not a charmer .... ok.

But we don't know for sure that Harrell isn't coming.  And if he isn't, it's possible that other factors are contributing to that ... he's already at USC.  He's had success in 2019.  Several of his QBs and skill players will be back.  The Pac-12 may be iffy for some time longer.

So how about we take a chill pill and relax for now?

(FYI - the Pac 12 championship is tonight ... and even though Utah is targeting a few of our recruits, I may root for them because Cristobal's a scumbag, and Utah winning big may lock out the OU/Baylor winner from the playoff. If I'm thinking about this incorrectly and need to reorient my rooting axis, please chime in stat.)

• Like 2

Just now, Getafix said:

Dude ... chillax a bit.

The Shag court has established beyond reasonable doubt that Herman's not a charmer .... ok.

But we don't know for sure that Harrell isn't coming.  And if he isn't, it's possible that other factors are contributing to that ... he's already at USC.  He's had success in 2019.  Several of his QBs and skill players will be back.  The Pac-12 may be iffy for some time longer.

So how about we take a chill pill and relax for now?

(FYI - the Pac 12 championship is tonight ... and even though Utah is targeting a few of our recruits, I may root for them because Cristobal's a scumbag, and Utah winning big may lock out the OU/Baylor winner from the playoff. If I'm thinking about this incorrectly and need to reorient my rooting axis, please chime in stat.)

Anything that fucks over ou/Baylor is OK by me 

• Like 1