Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

29 minutes ago, torre said:

Don't have the 247 article,  but saw the game.

Card's first game since injury in Oct.     Outstanding game,  looked like Joe Burrow.   Threw for 3 TDs,  ran for 1.

The joe burrow, that is Tom Brady only that he can also scramble? Therefore card is Tom Brady? Nice!

(Eric Nahlin) Fact Patterns and Inside Info: 12/8/19

As we wait for news on the Graham Harrell pursuit to break one way or the other, let's juxtapose fact patterns with the latest intel from behind the scenes.

- On Wednesday Harrell and Tom Herman met in Houston. We've heard the visit was excellent and Herman left the meeting feeling like Texas was in a great spot. Harrell mentioned he needed to talk things over with his wife/family and USC.

- Of course USC was going to counter and that happened on Friday, the same day USC was set to host five or six official visitors for the weekend. Not only was USC going to give Harrell something to think about, it doesn't seem likely that he'd bail on good guy Clay Helton the same day they were set to host visitors. USC's class is horrid right now, I can't see Harrell leaving Helton to deal with the fallout of his departure while preparing to host important recruits.

- On Friday night, Herman went to the Ennis vs Aledo playoff game. I don't think that happens unless Herman feels really good about UT's chances to close the deal.

- Saturday came and went with little fanfare but plenty of freakout. Harrell did retweet this:

Would Harrell do that if he knew he was leaving? Perhaps not. Would he do that if he was still deliberating? Probably so. He still works for USC. Saturday evening our old friend, the Big Cigar, had this to say regarding rumors SMU OC Rhett Lashlee was a target: “Really weak. We aren’t going to pussy foot with a page three back up while we are waiting for our guy to formally accept.”

Putting everything I know together, I think Harrell told Herman he was likely coming to Texas but that he needed to think about it, especially after talking things over with USC. The timing of the weekend, plus the way Harrell is wired, wasn't going to lend itself to a quick response. If he was returning to USC, USC would want to promote the hell out of that and use the positive momentum over the course of the visit weekend. That did not happen. It was never likely that Harrell would take the wind out of the visit weekend sails by accepting the job over the weekend.

Things are quiet behind the scenes with some sources who were previously pretty vocal. That tends to happen the closer you get to a decision. After messaging with a couple other sources, I feel confident in stating:

- Texas still likes its chances
- I still believe the family would prefer a return to Texas

One good source did indicate that Harrell was still deliberating. I think it's likely he has a good idea of what he's going to do and is just waiting for the right time to announce it to the world. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow, then he's truly torn.

On the DC search, Barry Odom is a real candidate but he may get Memphis, which is a good job. He'd be a great hire for them. Texas has always seemed more intent on landing Harrell first then focusing on the DC search.

back to GH recent Twitter follows. lotta Texas commits. 20 and 21. them specifically. not a wide range of guys. I dont see USC suddenly being interested in a solid commit like Jake Majors this close to signing.day. 

might be grasping at straws. but I'm trying to convince myself Harrell comes home to Texas. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

back to GH recent Twitter follows. lotta Texas commits. 20 and 21. them specifically. not a wide range of guys. I dont see USC suddenly being interested in a solid commit like Jake Majors this close to signing.day. 

might be grasping at straws. but I'm trying to convince myself Harrell comes home to Texas. 

This is legitimately better intel than we’ve gotten from any of the 9.95ers. If he’s recruiting then he’s locked in.

Edited by Nope
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Yep nothing but Texas recruits and targets for 20 and 21 plus other Texas links like Jaxon Shipley

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

For me it's showing Kyle Slovis as his most recent follow 

Yeah, I think it depends if you're looking on mobile/app or desktop. It shows me two different sets of people. On mobile, it's people I already follow or might know, but on desktop it seems to be most recent follows, which starts with Slovis

6 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Yeah, I think it depends if you're looking on mobile/app or desktop. It shows me two different sets of people. On mobile, it's people I already follow or might know, but on desktop it seems to be most recent follows, which starts with Slovis

Damn, he’s telling Slovis he’s leaving via Twitter. That’s cold. 

• Fuck You 1