Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m guessing it was “coelenterate”.  Either that or “fucking shit”.

Oh Christ. This term is taught in biology in high school at the latest. Also, it’s a term bizarrely attached to me over 20 years of posting. That does not qualify as a word of the day in our realm. 

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh Christ. This term is taught in biology in high school at the latest. Also, it’s a term bizarrely attached to me over 20 years of posting. That does not qualify as a word of the day in our realm. 

I don't recall learning about "fucking shit" in biology in high school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s amazing what lots of players do under coaches who aren’t complete frauds. But everyone keeps defending Giles because...checks notes...Omenihue 

Yeah good times. I’m sure Graham or Koburn would be just as average under a different coach. 

Yeah Coburn has not been “average” for a redshirt freshman.  If you paid attention he routinely walked centers back Into the backfield and split double teams.  His performance is limited by his body fat not his coach.

As for Graham he was seen as a jag by some posters on the old board connected to Temple.  I’m not going to pull a satya and wade through the shit though.  I remember Roach saying Kenyon Green stonewalled him in the playoffs.  At OT.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You are a fucking coelenterate if there ever was one

coe·len·ter·ate
/sēˈlentərāt/
noun
ZOOLOGY

1. an aquatic invertebrate animal of a phylum that includes jellyfishes, corals, and sea anemones. They are distinguished by having a tube- or cup-shaped body and a single opening ringed with tentacles.

11 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

coe·len·ter·ate
/sēˈlentərāt/
noun
ZOOLOGY

1. an aquatic invertebrate animal of a phylum that includes jellyfishes, corals, and sea anemones. They are distinguished by having a tube- or cup-shaped body and a single opening ringed with tentacles.

I hate fucking biology.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

You could of have just said jellyfish.

That's way less entertaining, to me at least. I could use many more common words than much of what I choose, but I don't, and I won't. 

It happens less frequently these days, but it's always odd to me when people try to nitpick my posting behavior around grammar choices. 

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Seems like some of you spent 6figs on an education you could have gotten with a library card and a dollar fifty in late fees.

The Texas Tomorrow Fund made mine substantially lower than 6figs, plus it came with access to a library that was in a tower, but made you feel like you were in a submarine, and a library that was inspired by the USSR and came with a suicide via AK47. 

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

The Texas Tomorrow Fund made mine substantially lower than 6figs, plus it came with access to a library that was in a tower, but made you feel like you were in a submarine, and a library that was inspired by the USSR and came with a suicide via AK47. 

The Tomorrow Fund was bad ass. 

My son actually just finished his first degree today and will finish his second degree in May and it was all done on the Tomorrow Fund.

Nahlin pushing the Odom possibility again. He thinks that if he doesn't take Memphis, and it appears they will promote from within, Odom is a realistic DC target that comes with Ryan Walters (former Mizzou DC under Odom) as a position coach.

Not clear if Walters would be a Washington replacement or just another member of the secondary staff. He spent time at blOU and in Denton, so he should not be a recruiting liability.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

He seems very locked in, Ohio state is very much out and USC with same staff seems like an impossibility. He’s gonna sign with Texas. Also says we are trying for another 2020 rb as an additional take, he said the name initially but deleted it 6 minutes later so not sure who 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

He seems very locked in, Ohio state is very much out and USC with same staff seems like an impossibility. He’s gonna sign with Texas. Also says we are trying for another 2020 rb as an additional take, he said the name initially but deleted it 6 minutes later so not sure who 

So Bijan, Ty Jordan, and another RB in the same class? 

4 minutes ago, saul silver said:

So Bijan, Ty Jordan, and another RB in the same class? 

i assume this means they really are concerned about Ty Jordan leaving or other RBs leaving (then again the only guys they have on campus next year are Danny Young, Ingram, RoJo and Whittington - if any of them leave they are in a bad situation)

1 minute ago, NoName said:

i assume this means they really are concerned about Ty Jordan leaving or other RBs leaving (then again the only guys they have on campus next year are Danny Young, Ingram, RoJo and Whittington - if any of them leave they are in a bad situation)

Good point, i forgot that RoJo and Whittington weren't even recruited to play the position, so it's not crazy if they bring in 3.