Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I just assume the pursuit of a new TB is a sign that Whittington is heading for the exit. 

Is there anything to see here? I've been tuning out team news since the middle of the season. I had no idea until Mehringer got fired that everyone hated him if that shows how tuned out i've been

I just assume the pursuit of a new TB is a sign that Whittington is heading for the exit. 

The guy who just took advantage of one of the most innovative sports medicine procedures, by one of the world's most respected surgeons on Texas' dime is going to exit stage left?

Yeah....that feels like a stretch.

• Like 1

Couldn't be that Rojo is a project and wants a shot at qb, Keontay is average and JWitt has not been able to stay healthy since his Sophomore year in HS?

25 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

He seems very locked in, Ohio state is very much out and USC with same staff seems like an impossibility. He’s gonna sign with Texas. Also says we are trying for another 2020 rb as an additional take, he said the name initially but deleted it 6 minutes later so not sure who 

Kevontre Bradford?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The guy who just took advantage of one of the most innovative sports medicine procedures, by one of the world's most respected surgeons on Texas' dime is going to exit stage left?

I'm not speculating on Whittingham's likeliness to return here, but you think that a player that might have been unhappy before the season, got injured, and is still unhappy on campus for whatever reason would look at a College Football industry worth Billions annually, which is built on the backs of players who don't get compensated squat and would say "You know what, I hate it here, and I'm miserable, but gosh these guys paid for a surgery I suffered while playing football for them. I guess I just need to stay here being unhappy."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not speculating on Whittingham's likeliness to return here, but you think that a player that might have been unhappy before the season, got injured, and is still unhappy on campus for whatever reason would look at a College Football industry worth Billions annually, which is built on the backs of players who don't get compensated squat and would say "You know what, I hate it here, and I'm miserable, but gosh these guys paid for a surgery I suffered while playing football for them. I guess I just need to stay here being unhappy."

Honest loyalty is a logical byproduct of tangible monetary investment (not "a degree") in someone's future. I'm not saying he should feel the pressure to manufacture loyalty, but that I would think it might exist naturally.

You're not wrong, but it's cynical as fuck.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You ungrateful sumbitch! He's getting a degree from the University of Texas, by golly! And he gets to play football, which seems really cool and would probably get you lots of girls! I didn't get to do that and it seems fun to me so there's lots of value in that. And the surgery. What about the surgery? It's cutting-edge and innovative for Pete's sake! As a fan of the University of Texas football team, I think he owes it to us to stay here and play good football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Honest loyalty is a logical byproduct of tangible monetary investment (not "a degree") in someone's future. I'm not saying he should feel the pressure to manufacture loyalty, but that I would think it might exist naturally.

You're not wrong, but it's cynical as fuck.

I mean, maybe. I'd argue that repairing players injured playing for us is the absolute basest expectation we can fulfill on our end as a school and athletic department. I don't think it's that special. Good for us for not sending him to an unlicensed sawbones in Mexico, but I mean, the perception matters to us as well. 

But that might exist naturally. If I were unhappy every single day, would it matter? Hard to say. I can say if he's unhappy and transfers, as a fan I wouldn't shake my first at him for being an disloyal asshole. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Also says we are trying for another 2020 rb as an additional take, he said the name initially but deleted it 6 minutes later so not sure who 

Carrington recently followed Kevontre Bradford on the Twitters. tOSU flipped the ISU back and LSU gonna get ZEvans. Other CB is Wisky.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kevontre-Bradford-46041118/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

You ungrateful sumbitch! He's getting a degree from the University of Texas, by golly! And he gets to play football, which seems really cool and would probably get you lots of girls! I didn't get to do that and it seems fun to me so there's lots of value in that. And the surgery. What about the surgery? It's cutting-edge and innovative for Pete's sake! As a fan of the University of Texas football team, I think he owes it to us to stay here and play good football.

You laugh, and I've mentioned that before, but I literally heard some 70 year old donor say that to our Athletic Director while bitching about needing the most up do date medical facilities in the South End Zone project. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Carrington recently followed Kevontre Bradford on the Twitters. tOSU flipped the ISU back and LSU gonna get ZEvans. Other CB is Wisky.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kevontre-Bradford-46041118/

Bradford certainly sounds like the guy. Says a 4 star player from Texas. Not many of those this year

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

it's always odd to me when people try to nitpick my posting behavior around grammar choices. 

Don't be so full of yourself. No one gives a fuck which old ladies you choose to bang.

And after starting this Whittington (not Whittingham, Sydney) shitstorm, we really don't care!

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

53 4* and up composite recruits in Texas this year 

Running back*- not a ton of those. Off the top of my head Evans, McGowan and Mclellan (not any of those). Then EJ Smith and Achane but don’t know of any contact there...leaves you Bradford

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Running back*- not a ton of those. Off the top of my head Evans, McGowan and Mclellan (not any of those). Then EJ Smith and Achane but don’t know of any contact there...leaves you Bradford

McWilliams or Brooks may be the only other Rbs close to 4 star status but think they are firmly 3 star

32 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You ungrateful sumbitch! He's getting  to play football, which seems really cool and would probably get you lots of girls! I didn't get to do that and it seems fun to me so there's lots of value in that.

not at texas hes not.........texas has the worst coed/thot base in the entire state of texas maybe even the big 12............multiple prominent members of the ut football/basketball teams have complained on social media about how bad the coed/thots r at texas...........

• Fuck You 43

2 minutes ago, smakashart said:

not at texas hes not.........texas has the worst coed/thot base in the entire state of texas maybe even the big 12............multiple prominent members of the ut football/basketball teams have complained on social media about how bad the coed/thots r at texas...........

Hahahaha hahahaha!!! This fucking guy again. Holy shit. I love this fucking shit. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, smakashart said:

So this is why we lose Jordan...

8 minutes ago, smakashart said:

You used a different number of periods in your ellipsis every time. You’re either trolling or senile.

edit: both. Definitely both.

Edited by Jojen

2 minutes ago, smakashart said:

as a matter of fact i have heard from a highly rated offensive recruit from out of state from last years class that the girls at texas are basic & snatched & he was seriously considering transferring .......

Yeah. I'm sure the guy who might have been on a Mormon Mission right now somewhere in Africa is bitching about the fucking quality of trim and considering transferring. Fuck off, you worthless and weirdly obsessed Troll.