Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

16 minutes ago, smakashart said:

not at texas hes not.........texas has the worst coed/thot base in the entire state of texas maybe even the big 12............multiple prominent members of the ut football/basketball teams have complained on social media about how bad the coed/thots r at texas...........

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, smakashart said:

not at texas hes not.........texas has the worst coed/thot base in the entire state of texas maybe even the big 12............multiple prominent members of the ut football/basketball teams have complained on social media about how bad the coed/thots r at texas...........

Oh. Carl's back.

giphy.gif

A third back makes sense if you can get one without scaring others off and especially if one of RB3 or Jordan is cool with redshirting. Whittington leaving is obviously on the worse end of things that could hamper depth, but there are a lot of ways RB depth gets tenuous:

Ingram: Inconsistent in feature role, injury issues, can leave after next year;

RoJo: QB;

Whittington: Injury lingering, move to WR with new staff;

Young: Senior, not a difference maker;

Brown: Obvious;

Maybe they're really concerned about Bijan or Jordan as well. Or maybe Bijan doesn't want a ton of mileage. Regardless, if you can build some depth in this class, you do it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That's way less entertaining, to me at least. I could use many more common words than much of what I choose, but I don't, and I won't. 

It happens less frequently these days, but it's always odd to me when people try to nitpick my posting behavior around grammar choices. 

you could have just said objurgate

18 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Maybe it's anecdotal but Whittington was pretty fired up and engaged on the sidelines during the Iowa State game. I was on row 3 behind the bench and he was really into it - maybe because he was finally suited up, but didn't seem disgruntled or detached. 

I know better than to doubt a positive post from you...

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I did that last time he reared his ugly head.  I thought "THOT Police" was a good replacement.

Why don't you try inventing something like inward singing, you fucking dick?

Interesting idea. That would like double the amount of time I could be singing.

55 minutes ago, smakashart said:

The Shark @jmcculloch17 19 Jul 2018

So far I haven't seen a pretty girl at UT yet

1 reply 20 retweets 10 likes

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmcculloch17/status/490577242620059648

Don’t know how to imbed tweets but this is such poor trolling. Shame!

busted GIF

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You laugh, and I've mentioned that before, but I literally heard some 70 year old donor say that to our Athletic Director while bitching about needing the most up do date medical facilities in the South End Zone project. 

You go everywhere with CTJ, don’t you?

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

In fairness Ingram was the best rb in Texas and Brown was legit but you can’t account for that kind of situation...and Bijan is the best RB in the nation

Best how? He is not bad but not what we should have starting here. Brown is bad luck but no one cares about luck, he's not available. Bijan is expected to be all world, 1 in 3 years if he signs and shows up. One of our highest paid assistants in a position where we should have a rainmaker recruiter has not earned his pay, he's failed at recruiting his position where he should be helping recruit elites at multiple positions. I'm not willing to reset expectations because Coach Herman was allowed to assemble a pathetic staff on his 1st try.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Best how? He is not bad but not what we should have starting here. Brown is bad luck but no one cares about luck, he's not available. Bijan is expected to be all world, 1 in 3 years if he signs and shows up. One of our highest paid assistants in a position where we should have a rainmaker recruiter has not earned his pay, he's failed at recruiting his position where he should be helping recruit elites at multiple positions. I'm not willing to reset expectations because Coach Herman was allowed to assemble a pathetic staff on his 1st try.

Coming out Ingram was the best rb recruit in the state. Keep in mind he played underweight his freshman year. This season nagging injuries have kept him inconsistent.  I look forward to what he brings these next 2 seasons.

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

It was a weak rb class that year and Ingram was consensus best rb in Texas. He’s solid but unspectacular. I think some leeway should be given for bad luck, no one predicts that Also Washington was involved in getting him on board. Cain was the big miss that cycle, and wasting time on Sanders. Bijan is a program changing RB. I am in no way defending Drayton, I would be all for firing him if we were still able to keep Bijan but it looks to be a deal breaker and Bijan is worth it for this next year at least. He turned an 18 year old qb into a good running back, I want to see what he can do with an incredible running back like Bijan 

Coming out Ingram was the best rb recruit in the state. Keep in mind he played underweight his freshman year. This season nagging injuries have kept him inconsistent.  I look forward to what he brings these next 2 seasons.

Lack of real development in Ingram is the tip of the iceberg. Whether KI was a recruiting hit or not, Drayton has not made up for his misses.

If Bijan is all world, he bought himself 3 years. If he fails to develop yet another back, time to go.

22 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If he fails to develop yet another back, time to go.

RB coaches don’t develop anybody.  They show them how to not fumble and who to block or what route to run on pass plays.  You’re either a strong runner with vision and elite speed or you’re not.  You can tell how good a RB is going to be after five carries.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

RB coaches don’t develop anybody.  They show them how to not fumble and who to block or what route to run on pass plays.  You’re either a strong runner with vision and elite speed or you’re not.  You can tell how good a RB is going to be after five carries.  

It's easier to fuck a kids head up as a RB coach than developing them. Drayton is a poor communicator and gets in kids heads, I don't think it's a given that rojo is better next year if he stays at rb. It takes a special player to tune Drayton out, similar to Rick. TJ and Augustine were the two pg's that Rick did not mentally fuck. 

40 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Would be great to once again have a strong group of quality RBs competing to start for Texas in 2020...

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

It's easier to fuck a kids head up as a RB coach than developing them. Drayton is a poor communicator and gets in kids heads, I don't think it's a given that rojo is better next year if he stays at rb. It takes a special player to tune Drayton out, similar to Rick. TJ and Augustine were the two pg's that Rick did not mentally fuck. 

Based on?