Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

On Cain, I’ve never passed this on because of all the noise about his recruitment, but fuck it. He calls the morning of signing day and he thinks he’s ready to sign with Texas. Herman gets into a semantics argument with him about the word “thinks” and what it implies about commitment. Cain goes to school and signs with Penn State. Texas is shocked and cues up the podium story. 

Tom Herman has aspergers.

prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Tom Herman has aspergers.

prove me wrong.

The DSM-5 states, “Individuals with a well-established DSM-IV diagnoses of autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder or pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified should be given the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.”

https://www.autismspeaks.org/dsm-5-and-autism-frequently-asked-questions

aspergers is no longer a clinical diagnosis. Consider yourself proven wrong. 
have a blessed day. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
What edit?
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The DSM-5 states, “Individuals with a well-established DSM-IV diagnoses of autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder or pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified should be given the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.”

asbergers is no longer a clinical diagnosis. Consider yourself proven wrong. 
have a blessed day. 

*Asperger's

unless you meant

Image result for Assburgers gif"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

aspergers is no longer a clinical diagnosis. Consider yourself proven wrong. 
have a blessed day. 

Seems like something someone with aspergers would post.

Mike at night

—Still no word from Ty Jordan’s camp regarding a de-commitment. We expect that it is done, but we’d like to confirm with Ty or somebody incredibly close to him that it is before we move on and report it as fact. Jordan’s gone silent, and those around him aren’t returning our messages at this time.

—I spoke to sources near Lancaster running back Kevontre Bradford last night. The south Dallas speedster talked in the past about wanting to go out of state, and Wisconsin and Nebraska have been the two schools we’ve heard most for him. In talking to our sources at Lancaster, we were told that his attitude regarding staying in-state changed a bit when Texas came calling. The Longhorns would have to put an offer on the table for Bradford, but I think he’d be winnable if they do. We’ll update you on more once Texas officially gets in the game.

—I spoke to a source today who told me that things are still up and down with Temple wide receiver Quentin Johnston. Our sources at Texas told us everything seemed secure, but the source I spoke with today told me to keep an eye on Johnston. The four-star wide receiver previously reached out to TCU, but the Longhorns are doing whatever they can to hold on. I spoke to sources at Temple today who voiced a little bit of uncertainty and could not confirm whether plans were being made for Johnston to sign next week. This is one we’ll continue to monitor closely.

—Outside of Johnston, it sounds like things with Kitan Crawford have been straightened out. Crawford maintains that he plans to sign next week, and sources I spoke with this week don’t doubt his intentions.

4COMMENTS

—One note on a possible target. Tim Beck stopped by Frisco Lone Star last week and saw Jaylan Ford. The Utah commit has been one of the best linebackers in the state this year for Lone Star. I’m working to get in contact to see if there would be any interest from Ford’s side or if it is indeed too late.

—I spoke with new Texas offer Isaiah Dunsontoday. The former Florida State cornerback commit said that Jason Washington issued the offer, and he’s intrigued by Texas. He has family in the Austin area, and he plans to make a visit. If that happens, I expect Texas to have a good chance to land him

• Like 1

—One note on a possible target. Tim Beck stopped by Frisco Lone Star last week and saw Jaylan Ford. The Utah commit has been one of the best linebackers in the state this year for Lone Star. I’m working to get in contact to see if there would be any interest from Ford’s side or if it is indeed too late.

Swings and roundabouts

Mike at night

—I spoke to a source today who told me that things are still up and down with Temple wide receiver Quentin Johnston. Our sources at Texas told us everything seemed secure, but the source I spoke with today told me to keep an eye on Johnston. The four-star wide receiver previously reached out to TCU, but the Longhorns are doing whatever they can to hold on. I spoke to sources at Temple today who voiced a little bit of uncertainty and could not confirm whether plans were being made for Johnston to sign next week. This is one we’ll continue to monitor closely.

“Aside from letting Quentin know who he will be coached by, or even what kind of offense he is signing up for, the Longhorns are doing whatever they can to hold on.”

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Mike at night

needs a better title here.

how about "Fresh Droppings from the Roach Motel"?

"It's 1am on a wet night. There's an old moldy smell in the air, the a/c is dripping and the floor is sticky. However the walls are thin. So grab a glass and join me in holding it up to the wall as we see what juicy droppings we can overhear at... The Roach Motel"

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

So did this cat have surgery or what? I’m beginning to worry that he’s another promising TB who happens to be made of glass. 

Given that it was cleaning out a previous surgery, and he obviously could walk with it, I bet he went to NYC and saw the sights (hopefully beyond Times Square) then went down to Philly for the operation.