Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:
5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Apparently because Surratt is (sensibly) telling him to make sure he has a good position coach/coordinator. NSD2 guy.

He's also working on a state championship this week I believe

IIRC, Keontay didn't sign on NSD1, either, because he was playing in the state title game.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can we just close with Collins, Princely, Dixon, and try to land the 4* CB from Georgia we offered and that's visiting + another WR?  That'd be fine with me.  

Group think prefers Jahdae Barron, Baylor commit of Pflugerville Connally to the Georgia corner. Barron is yet to pull the trigger today.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can we just close with Collins, Princely, Dixon, and try to land the 4* CB from Georgia we offered and that's visiting + another WR?  That'd be fine with me.  

This here, don't overthink it Herman.

Go grab this kid to add to above and call it a day. - https://247sports.com/Player/LV-Bunkley-Shelton-46037808/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We need at least one ILB.  I know that's slim pickins in-state this year, but it needs to happen somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

So I’m not reading this whole thread. Is it as expected so far? Or a failure?

Today, as expected.

As a whole, lost some players towards the end of season and due to firings.  This class is definitely a step back from the last two, but not bad.  We have some gaps to fill still for NSD2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yep.  Recruiting Gawd Antonio Pierce locked that one up.

Pierce is a stud and  Wilson would be. A huge get, but I think most programs, including Texas, passed on LVBS because of qualification concerns.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Add Bradford and its perfect

Ahem...

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You forgot to include anyone who’s ever played LB before now. 

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

We need at least one ILB.  I know that's slim pickins in-state this year, but it needs to happen somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

White hasn't signed with LSU yet has he?

My sources tell me our current LB coach is blowing our previous LB coach’s recruiting efforts out of the water on this one and Texas is moving into the poll position. Would be a huge home run, if true. 

Update: Mike Roach has chimed in on this one and he can confirm that Josh White is a LB recruit from the State of Texas. Stay tuned for more on this breaking story. That’ll be $9.95.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's a joke bud

I thought poll position and huge, if true  would give it away, but I guess our 9.95ers have gotten so bad that I need to make it more obvious. 

Btw, don’t be offended @OnAComputer @35dimes. You’re a 6.99er (Noice.gif), not a 9.95er.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

My sources tell me our current LB coach is blowing our previous LB coach’s recruiting efforts out of the water on this one and Texas is moving into the poll position. Would be a huge home run, if true. 

Update: Mike Roach has chimed in on this one and he can confirm that Josh White is a LB recruit from the State of Texas. Stay tuned for more on this breaking story. That’ll be $9.95.

Haha.  It'd definitely help to have one of those LB coaches I keep hearing about.

• Like 1

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Getting no linebackers is another pathetic L for this staff. 

Yeah it sucks. Firing the DC/LB coach was obviously a necessary evil, but Orlando didn't even seem to be that likely to land a guy like Burns or Whitehead.

Hopefully we can pull an under-the-rader dude (sigh) and pull a Juwan Mitchell out of our hat (not that he's a world-beater).