Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"From what I’ve heard regarding the list of staffers Texas is doing the legwork on, I’d expect these hires to be geared towards taking recruiting up a notch while improving the overall teaching ability"

o rly?

Y'all are giving him a hard time for this line, but it's legitimate because it means we're looking to make some major changes from our previous approach: douchey, unlikeable, unrelatable, and incompetent. Its a bold move that I hope works out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"From what I’ve heard regarding the list of staffers Texas is doing the legwork on, I’d expect these hires to be geared towards taking recruiting up a notch while improving the overall teaching ability"

o rly?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO3vQCcthSHm2usWfYqig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

o rly?

Wait until you hear about how our plan with two new coordinators is to score more points and allow fewer.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Y'all are giving him a hard time for this line, but it's legitimate because it means we're looking to make some major changes from our previous approach: douchey, unlikeable, unrelatable, and incompetent. Its a bold move that I hope works out!

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Wait until you hear about how our plan with two new coordinators is to score more points and allow fewer.

giphy.gif

Fong says Collins is on 5* watch, that Texas and OU are recruiting him the hardest, that Texas/OU/Bama have led at different times, and that he's unofficially visiting Bama in January. He's used his OVs, but I think he has all of his in-homes still left. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Fong says Collins is on 5* watch, that Texas and OU are recruiting him the hardest, that Texas/OU/Bama have led at different times, and that he's unofficially visiting Bama in January. He's used his OVs, but I think he has all of his in-homes still left. 

Roach and TFB both think he’s leaning Texas still FWIW

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He probably gets Quay back for 21' and can get us Wheaton, JoJo, Ibraheam, Shemar Turner, and whoever we want from Duncanville.

The Wheaton recruitment isn't exactly going to come down to who is which staff. His is going to be an interesting recruitment to witness. I'm not implying a Zack Evans type of circus, either. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

The Wheaton recruitment isn't exactly going to come down to who is which staff. His is going to be an interesting recruitment to witness. I'm not implying a Zack Evans type of circus, either. 

Was Collins ever a silent? You counted him as one of the numbers in the class before the team shit the bed. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks for clearing things up. Lol my friend 

Just now, GRHorn said:

Was Collins ever a silent? You counted him as one of the numbers in the class before the team shit the bed. 

Yes. I've never wavered in the belief that he signs with Texas. Hermanticles the Impostor and his merry band of dildos have done their level best to fuck up the recruitment, but Texas still believes he's committed. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Sorry, but offering what I feel comfortable with at this time. I told you guys long before he was a household name in recruiting that Evans was going to be a fucking epic cartoon of a recruitment, and I'm passing along a similar but different warning about the scene coming up with Wheaton. If Texas gets him, I'll be all for it, if that helps.

• Like 6

Getting Princely and Collins to sign combined with Broughton, GSW, and Dorbah would be an absolute hell of a DL haul to build up our 4 man front. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

From what I’ve read/heard, Wheaton is more of a handler situation, whereas Evans was a whole bunch of nonsense, including all of his own antics and some family stuff. I don’t think Wheaton has as many red flags, but if we get him, we can feel confident that UT is playing the game to the same extent as many other big time programs that are after him. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sorry, but offering what I feel comfortable with at this time. I told you guys long before he was a household name in recruiting that Evans was going to be a fucking epic cartoon of a recruitment, and I'm passing along a similar but different warning about the scene coming up with Wheaton. If Texas gets him, I'll be all for it, if that helps.

I get it. Much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Vaughns ( along with Gbenda ) have been sent home for violation of team rules.  

That’s definitely a position we can afford to lose two players at. 

And what’s up with the Alamo Bowl and our players losing their minds? 

55 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s definitely a position we can afford to lose two players at. 

And what’s up with the Alamo Bowl and our players losing their minds? 

I think people are obviously discounting how #Lit San Antonio is. 
#MerryLitMas 🔥 💯 🔥 💯